• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where are the Macro and UI Mod files located?

• Thread starter Old Man of UO
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
O

Old Man of UO

I'm looking for these files so I can copy and paste my macros without having to recreate all of them... there was supposed to be a way to do this. When I change my character file to add in the macros, it deletes the changes and goes back to the defaults.

Also, I notice when I do that, the buff icons show one time and then not the next. Not sure what is up with those icons.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Well, being the client is still in beta, it is possible you have come across something that is broken.

I am not sure if it is different on different version of windows, but it should be as follows.

Documents/EA games/ UOSA/ user data/ account name/ shard

once you navigate to that there is a file called "char name file" open it with any editor, and it should be the right file for macro's. As for the UI mod file that is different. Not sure where that file is right now...Hopefully someone with the folders handy can tell you.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember them saying they were hoping to make transfer of macros possible, I'm not sure it actually is as yet.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Custom UI stuff is broken at the moment, from my understanding.. hasn't been fully reimplemented in to the client after the reprogramming or such.

P

pgcd

Custom UI stuff is broken at the moment, from my understanding.. hasn't been fully reimplemented in to the client after the reprogramming or such.
I'd appreciate it very much if this was confirmed one way or the other, as I've spent the better part of today trying to convert my KR UI mods for use in the new (very good, I'll add) client, to no avail. If the custom UI code is not active, I'll just do something else until it is - ToT and SLs, for instance.

C

Cloak&Dagger

I'd appreciate it very much if this was confirmed one way or the other, as I've spent the better part of today trying to convert my KR UI mods for use in the new (very good, I'll add) client, to no avail. If the custom UI code is not active, I'll just do something else until it is - ToT and SLs, for instance.
I am fairly sure they said it was not available currently.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has been confirmed, if not here. They tried to turn it on in the publish that happened less than 24 hrs from Open Beta, but apparently the "on" switch was broken :wall:

With that said, they are 100% going to have it back up and running at some point.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can copy over your macros etc however, they do not come with the relevant 'icons' etc so you need to go through and edit them all which is kinda self defeating. I did it on one character when I first started in SA to test but found it easier to just 'redo' one char from scratch in SA then copy that template to further SA chars. Whenever you do any copy/pasting to the xml files you need to make sure the client is completely CLOSED (ie log out and CLOSE THE CLIENT) before starting the process. If the client is open it will default back to how it was last time you logged out.

You can also add in your custom waypoints by copy/paste too, however you need to make sure they are all on custom number type = "15" as there is ONLY one custom waypoint now instead of 10 that were in KR. The t-map locations will also copy over as per the instructions on the map page on the KR guide. I have yet to update the copy/paste/template info on the SA Guide.

I will be posting up some 'generic macros' that may be used by anyone by altering their xml character files. These macros do NOT have key assignments set to them (accept the first 'open door' which is hotkeyed to the spacebar) so you may set them in the macro box if you wish to have them assigned a hotkey. I have highlighted basically what they 'do' in color below. The dress macro would need to be edited to 'add' your own stuff, it is 'empty' at the moment and the "say: change text" macro would need what you want to 'say' to be edited. Just copy and paste this to your new character (you may need to create one macro to get the xml <tags> to appear in your file), or copy to the end of an existing chars macros remembering to alter the macro id number.

Here are some:

<Macros>
<UserAction type="Macro" id="1" iconId="641" name="Open Door" repeatEnabled="false" repeatCount="2" binding="Space">
<UserAction type="OpenDoor" id="0" iconId="641" targetType="Current" />
</UserAction>
<UserAction type="Macro" id="2" iconId="13" name="Bank Guards" repeatEnabled="false" repeatCount="2" binding="">
<UserAction type="Say" id="0" iconId="632" targetType="Current" text="Bank Guards" />
</UserAction>
<UserAction type="Macro" id="3" iconId="703" name="Balance" repeatEnabled="false" repeatCount="2" binding="">
<UserAction type="Say" id="0" iconId="632" targetType="Current" text="Balance" />
</UserAction>
<UserAction type="Macro" id="4" iconId="714" name="Release" repeatEnabled="false" repeatCount="2" binding="">
<UserAction type="Say" id="0" iconId="632" targetType="Current" text="I wish to release this" />
</UserAction>
<UserAction type="Macro" id="5" iconId="713" name="Secure" repeatEnabled="false" repeatCount="2" binding="">
<UserAction type="Say" id="0" iconId="632" targetType="Current" text="I wish to secure this" />
</UserAction>
<UserAction type="Macro" id="6" iconId="715" name="Lock" repeatEnabled="false" repeatCount="2" binding="">
<UserAction type="Say" id="0" iconId="632" targetType="Current" text="I wish to lock this down" />
</UserAction>
<UserAction type="Macro" id="7" iconId="630" name="Trash Barrel" repeatEnabled="false" repeatCount="2" binding="">
<UserAction type="Say" id="0" iconId="632" targetType="Current" text="I wish to place a trash barrel" />
</UserAction>
<UserAction type="Macro" id="8" iconId="650" name="All Kill" repeatEnabled="false" repeatCount="2" binding="">
<UserAction type="AllKill" id="0" iconId="650" targetType="Current" text="All Kill" />
</UserAction>
<UserAction type="Macro" id="9" iconId="660" name="All Stay" repeatEnabled="false" repeatCount="2" binding="">
<UserAction type="Stay" id="0" iconId="660" targetType="Current" text="All Stay" />
</UserAction>
<UserAction type="Macro" id="10" iconId="658" name="Stop Follow Guard" repeatEnabled="false" repeatCount="2" binding="">
<UserAction type="Stop" id="0" iconId="661" targetType="Current" text="All Stop" />
<UserAction type="FollowMe" id="0" iconId="656" targetType="Current" text="All Follow Me" />
<UserAction type="GuardMe" id="0" iconId="658" targetType="Current" text="All Guard Me" />
</UserAction>
<UserAction type="Macro" id="11" iconId="2024" name="Stable" repeatEnabled="false" repeatCount="2" binding="">
<UserAction type="Say" id="0" iconId="632" targetType="Current" text="Stable" />
</UserAction>
<UserAction type="Macro" id="12" iconId="2054" name="Claim List" repeatEnabled="false" repeatCount="2" binding="">
<UserAction type="Say" id="0" iconId="632" targetType="Current" text="Claim List" />
</UserAction>
<UserAction type="Macro" id="13" iconId="622" name="Bows" repeatEnabled="false" repeatCount="2" binding="">
<UserAction type="Bow" id="0" iconId="622" targetType="Current" />
</UserAction>
<UserAction type="Macro" id="14" iconId="631" name="Salutes" repeatEnabled="false" repeatCount="2" binding="">
<UserAction type="Salute" id="0" iconId="631" targetType="Current" />
</UserAction>
<UserAction type="Macro" id="15" iconId="612" name="Smiles" repeatEnabled="false" repeatCount="2" binding="">
<UserAction type="Emote" id="0" iconId="624" targetType="Current" text="smiles" />
</UserAction>
<UserAction type="Macro" id="16" iconId="102" name="Waves" repeatEnabled="false" repeatCount="2" binding="">
<UserAction type="Emote" id="0" iconId="624" targetType="Current" text="waves" />
</UserAction>
<UserAction type="Macro" id="17" iconId="637" name="Undress Me" repeatEnabled="false" repeatCount="2" binding="">
<UserAction type="UnequipItems" id="0" iconId="637" targetType="Current">
<UnEquipSlot slot="6" />
<UnEquipSlot slot="10" />
<UnEquipSlot slot="19" />
<UnEquipSlot slot="1" />
<UnEquipSlot slot="8" />
<UnEquipSlot slot="4" />
<UnEquipSlot slot="18" />
<UnEquipSlot slot="13" />
<UnEquipSlot slot="14" />
<UnEquipSlot slot="2" />
<UnEquipSlot slot="7" />
<UnEquipSlot slot="9" />
<UnEquipSlot slot="3" />
<UnEquipSlot slot="5" />
<UnEquipSlot slot="12" />
<UnEquipSlot slot="20" />
<UnEquipSlot slot="22" />
<UnEquipSlot slot="23" />
<UnEquipSlot slot="17" />
</UserAction>
</UserAction>
<UserAction type="Macro" id="18" iconId="625" name="Dress Me" repeatEnabled="false" repeatCount="2" binding="">
<UserAction type="EquipItems" id="0" iconId="625" targetType="Current" />
</UserAction>
<UserAction type="Macro" id="19" iconId="203" name="Unequip Both Hands" repeatEnabled="false" repeatCount="2" binding="">
<UnEquipSlot slot="1" />
<UnEquipSlot slot="2" />
</UserAction>
</UserAction>
<UserAction type="Macro" id="20" iconId="2031" name="Unequip Hat Cloak" repeatEnabled="false" repeatCount="2" binding="">
<UnEquipSlot slot="6" />
<UnEquipSlot slot="20" />
</UserAction>
</UserAction>
<UserAction type="Macro" id="21" iconId="629" name="Last Object" repeatEnabled="false" repeatCount="2" binding="">
<UserAction type="LastObject" id="0" iconId="629" targetType="Cursor" />
</UserAction>
<UserAction type="Macro" id="22" iconId="636" name="Last Object Last Tar" repeatEnabled="false" repeatCount="2" binding="">
<UserAction type="LastObject" id="0" iconId="629" targetType="Cursor" />
<UserAction type="CursorTargetLast" id="0" iconId="644" targetType="Current" />
</UserAction>
<UserAction type="Macro" id="23" iconId="632" name="Say: change text" repeatEnabled="false" repeatCount="2" binding="">
<UserAction type="Say" id="0" iconId="632" targetType="Current" text="test" />
</UserAction>
<UserAction type="Macro" id="24" iconId="701" name="Honor" repeatEnabled="false" repeatCount="2" binding="">
<UserAction type="InvokeVirtue" id="1" iconId="701" targetType="Cursor" />
</UserAction>
<UserAction type="Macro" id="25" iconId="706" name="Sacrifice" repeatEnabled="false" repeatCount="2" binding="">
<UserAction type="InvokeVirtue" id="2" iconId="706" targetType="Cursor" />
</UserAction>
</Macros>

If you already have some macros set you will need to change the Macro id numbers above: ie from "Macro" id="1" to whatever your next number is (say it is 14) and then change the subsequent ones in the above list to reflect the 'order'.

The bulk of the above 'generic macros' (basically macros I have on EVERY one of my characters to start, are designed to just drag and drop into a hotbar and used just by clicking. YOu can see by reading the macro text what each does, says and the target and binding set (if any). Ignore the repeat count function as none are repeating.

To find your xml file follow the paths shown HERE, open an notepad document, drag your character file into it then scroll down til you get to <macros> and paste the above between this and the </macros> tags. Then save as (select all files) and double click the character file you want to save them too.

Last I heard the custom UI functions were NOT working, although I have been away for a week.

Have fun :)