• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where are my BV sims?

A

Anonymous67

Hola. I recently reactivated my account this morning for free. Later this evening, I decided to subscribe. I cannot see 8 sims, only the one I created. Only when I create a new sim(after 3 sims have been created) can I see a new spot. Also, aren't you supposed to see your BV sims? I can't see mine. Did they get deleted ? I hope not. Any help appreciated.

I

imported_corpatortis

I only see my BV sims when I click the little thingy to get into BV. But, I must admit, I have not attempted this for a very long time.

I

imported_Fire Dragon

If it's been longer than 90 days since you last subscribed, i would assume that all your sims were deleted, including the BV ones.

Since they have closed the production cities, the 'free will' button won't work, and hasn't done so for awhile, since they closed BV awhile ago.

My BV sims show up after the update, along with my other prouction cities sims, but obviously, since they haven't merged the cities yet, they are unplayable.

G

Actually BV has never had a DADDI cleanup so all sims are still there, I have all mine even on accts that were closed for 2 years+.

A

Anonymous67

So . . there's no reason why my BV sims don't show up?

G

Wait you say your on the free acct? I'm not sure you would be able to see them then. Maybe someone else who reactivated free will be able to confirm if other sims are visible.

G

No DADDI cleanup of BV? You've got me worried now. I was gone from the game for 2.5 years, before which I had 4 BV sims which I assumed would be long gone with the rest of them. I can't currently see them on the sim select screen, but I do hope they don't turn up and override some of my newly made sims.

G

OK here is what I did. I used to have 6 accts. 3 are currently active.
Acct 1-never closed shows all sims including BV.
Acct 2-closed 2 years active again 07/07 to present, shows all sims including BV.
Acct 3-closed 2 years active again 07/07 to 11/07 reactivated 02/08 shows only the new EAL sim.
Acct 4-closed 2 years active again 07/07 to 11/07 currently inactive was able to create a free acct sim here simply by logging in, no other sims show
Acct 5 same as 4
Acct 6 closed since 2004 never reactivated again able to login and make a free acct sim no other sims show.

So I learned that I dont need to do anything for free play except login. I'm sure I verified that all BV sims on all accts were still there last summer, I remember doing that. They were definitely still there. Now they are not. Interesting findings, perhaps only sims from BV are showing if the acct was active when BV closed. I'll be asking whats up when I can. I would like all my BV sims back tho. They are now the oldest sims by far on 4 accts.

G

You know, I'm starting to think we need some kind of orphanage - a home for all these hundreds of unwanted, abandoned BV sims that have suddenly found themselves in the real world!

G

But but mine are wanted and loved! *pouts* Dont take them to the orphange I promise not to abuse them too often...well Gensi might talk me into an occasional electrocution or death by starvation...but really that makes it her fault! Right?? I know! How bout if I promise never to take them to the robot factory with Gracie or let her catch them on fire!?! No?? But but...p-p-p-lease! *puppy dog eyes*

A

Anonymous67

If we get benefits like skill locks and object limit based on account age, I don't think I will be as mad as I would if I knew all my BV sims were gone. I don't get why they didn't move the closed account BV sims, but hopefully they didn't get deleted. Anything from Maxis yet?