• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) When will mesanna come to europa for dying the masks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All i know is mesanna orientated events and visits are very rarely announced.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You need to get the EM's from Europa to invite her, but seeing as they have been so poor with events this year i would not hold your breath, "no deal" event either, this rate she will either miss Europa completely or do all at onxe for the lucky *cough* in the loop few *cough*

EM Adris

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Indeed she needs to be invited, This wasn't brought up at any Meet & Greets recently hence why we haven't persued it. However now we know, We'll see what can be done.

I'm kind of a one man band at the moment, Emile is busy moving house, It is also very busy with the global arc so please do bare with us in regard to extra things like this.

Last edited:

Europa Trader

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Esca I think its a matter of what you like to do at Events, but I would most likely agree with Jack if I was still playing. I was also one of the people who complained a lot about Europa EMs and events compared to many other shards EMs and Events. And the response from Emily was often that its not about items, so they already exclude a big group og players. But I guess there is a reason why many players has left Europa to play elsewhere and why also some people quit. Its not the only reason but I guess its also part of it. In these times its hard to find anything interesting to do in UO for some people, most of it is just the same old stuff you do. Its no secret that players like me, where / are only interested in items to make a lot of gold or just to have a special item not many people have. Considering the Events I been at on Europa and the ones I been at on other shards (not comparing to Asian shards since they are amazing) Europa has only had 3-4 good/great ones. But for RPers I guess most of them are great, but we also know that has and still seems to be the main focus of the Europa EMs. But Easc some of the events you might have seen on other shards do they seem better to you?

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not too long ago there were no EMs so everybody had to do their own thing. With their introduction it did at least allow players to participate in events, be they good bad or indifferent, it required nothing of players except to be there. That being so I for one have been happy to enjoy the scenarios produced for our entertainment. As to frequency, I have no way of being sure but I suspect that setting up a lot of these events entails a great amount of preparation. I personally couldn't care less whether there are 'drops'. I have a few but they are not my reason for attending, sure they are nice mementoes but for me that is all they are.

So remembering how it used to be I for one am grateful for the work done by our EMs cos it sure could be a whole lot worse.

Europa Trader

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Depends Bobar, there was once Counselors who did Events, and after that there was a few global events. But actually most events doesnt take long to setup. Its just all about getting the right things you need to make it work. Many EMs have limited powers, but there are always work arounds. But most just seems like its a lot of work because new / hidden area is being used. I know a few EMs that could make some great events up in 15-30min. Only all the Storyline is a bit of work really. But they do get paid for it.

Alaster The Insane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if anyone lemme contact mesanna, and there is no 2.0 to spam the chat at the moment, would it be ok ? i remember an event which happened and a lot of PKR made stupid stuff. Well, we don't blame them, we'd say it's their "RP way".
Mesanna roulette was cool, but it seems, and for me too, not enough.

I'll try to contact her, see how we can manage a surprise coming (well, as far as i learned, and as far as who i am, i can't promise anything)

Europa Trader

Sage
Stratics Veteran
if anyone lemme contact mesanna, and there is no 2.0 to spam the chat at the moment, would it be ok ? i remember an event which happened and a lot of PKR made stupid stuff. Well, we don't blame them, we'd say it's their "RP way".
Mesanna roulette was cool, but it seems, and for me too, not enough.

I'll try to contact her, see how we can manage a surprise coming (well, as far as i learned, and as far as who i am, i can't promise anything)
Considering that it hardly even happens that there are "bad apples" at other events on other shards. Some have a few, but I guess its because there is no respect for the events. Well I can understand why there is no respect for EMs or the events on Europa. If you do not try and do something for every group of players, then how can you expect that there would be respect. Have to have players to come up with ideas and such, while EMs should be the ones coming up with things. But I also only had respect for a few people and a few EMs, only one of the EMs on Europa I actually respected. But that person is no longer an EM there. But I do not play anymore, but Alaster you know that the EMs take lightly and joke around with yourself and others. While some people do see it like people are being favouritized and when a group of players is being left outside of the events often then sure they will act when there is more people around and someone who might actually listen. I was also the only one who would speak up about favortism on Europa, but at least the EMs have a large group of followers that support them. Instead of doing something for the whole shard like they do other places. But I have not been ingame for roughtly 1 year, I doubt things have changed.

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But they do get paid for it.
They do, as contracted employees, but we already know that they are already underpaid for the job they do (only one of which is to design events) and the money doesn't worth it if you're not really into it. We're quite lucky to have EM Adris since there is not exactly a queue for being Europa's EM and some shards spend years with a floater EM or no EM at all. We still mostly see an average of one event per week, we just haven't had any event past week (see: UOEMEvents (UOEMEvents) on Twitter ). While I don't think the events should be for event items, I do understand your play style and both remember and appreciate your past efforts on Europa. The 400th Europa auction event was quite fun though, did you have the chance to attend it?

Europa Trader

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The 400th Europa auction event was quite fun though, did you have the chance to attend it?
Well some jobs are underpaid, but seems some EMs do it better than others, and most of them should be getting same pay. But I do not only point out my playstyle there are also other play styles being left out a lot. I have attended a lot of events on different shards, Atlantic, Chessy, Pacific, Great Lakes, LS, Asian shards, Drach, Baja and such in the past and I have to say that compared to those shards I would rank Europa very low. But I guess its because the ideas and the things that EMs actually do for community and the commitment they show can sometimes be amazing. Not to forget the EM's helping out at Rares Fest and such, where you actually get to see them work and see how much work there is into making it all perfect. But its also very well known most of the EMs are older players from other shards, so they all know that there is a lot more to events than just focus on one thing. But that is one of the things with Europa, got the former players from Europa who where a part of the RP community. So no wonder that the focus is there. But it was accepted because of time zones, I can also understand that many players has declined the offer when they had been approached. But I guess its because they like to still be able to play the game freely.

I did not have the change to attend the auction event, at the end I did not play the game at all, and finally quit the game for good 1 year ago. I still provide some service for this game, if people wanted to trade for D3 gold. But with the changes in D3 now, its not really an issue for people anymore I guess. But I do not plan on returning or logging into UO anymore. The game does not change to the better for my playstyle so I rather stick to other things.

Alaster The Insane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hey that's not a half eaten apple i wanted the seed. There's also RP people dying here. WE should watch more than the clock that is tied to our wrists, we should think a little "out of the box". Like that good ol esca (yeah i love you, but you got to prove to prove your grounds)
we have to look on the good part of the apple that's eaten (and yeah, i send a pm to mesanna, we'll see) and to the rotten part of the apple, while it's going to find a new home somewhere. Of course, i know, finding a new home has been a moto to a lot of UO RP people. And where there are they ? not in my undies, i'm sure.

EM Adris

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
But actually most events doesnt take long to setup. Its just all about getting the right things you need to make it work. Many EMs have limited powers, but there are always work arounds. But most just seems like its a lot of work because new / hidden area is being used. I know a few EMs that could make some great events up in 15-30min. Only all the Storyline is a bit of work really. But they do get paid for it.
Small events CAN be made in 15-30 minutes but I never do that, I have in the past and they weren't great. Good events take hours to write, to come up with setup and to run through to make sure they are perfect. You'll be very surprised how long events take and any large event cannot be done in 15-30 minutes. A future event on Europa, it's location, I spent several nights until well past by bed time fiddling with the decoration...

Regarding the next event, It's on UO.com since yesterday and is the Treasure Hunt content with Legends vs Europa at 8pm on Sunday on Test Center, You can pop by the Nujelm Chessboard and cheer the team on.

Europa Trader

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Small events CAN be made in 15-30 minutes but I never do that, I have in the past and they weren't great. Good events take hours to write, to come up with setup and to run through to make sure they are perfect. You'll be very surprised how long events take and any large event cannot be done in 15-30 minutes. A future event on Europa, it's location, I spent several nights until well past by bed time fiddling with the decoration...
Well I have known a lot of EMs in my time, and most of them actually are able to plan things fast, but I guess it depends on how you look at it. Many people does not even care about the story behind an event. But since this is on Europa I can see why it might take a lot longer. It depends what you like in an event, and if you do not already have an idea on how you want it all to be/look then ofcause you will have to spend a lot more time. But in most cases people do not even notice it. But sometimes things stand out and will be remembered. Like from Asian shard, but can't compete with them on Events. But ideas and imagination should never be something an EM lacks. As long as there are people who know how the games mechanics work and all the items that are possible to use, then its actually pretty easy to do events. But if you actually have to make a story where your having speech for 10-20min then sure it takes time. But again only a small group of players will actually listen to it. But for Europa it is the larger group of players who attend the events, but there might also be a reason for that.

Funny how something so ugly still makes me remember the event.

This event was very nice, actually one of the biggest challenges in UO Events I guess, one boss that was able to actually kill 60% of the players and pets in one hit.

Not to forget the LS event, and where so much gratitude, support and respect is shown to the EMs.

Alaster The Insane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hey Europa Trader, you forgot the day our EMs made the event where we went to get Dupre, you also forgot a lot of moments i saw europa people say "hey, our EM are awesome".

There is a sentence in france, which says "criticism is easy, improving is way more difficult".

Europa Trader

Sage
Stratics Veteran
hey Europa Trader, you forgot the day our EMs made the event where we went to get Dupre, you also forgot a lot of moments i saw europa people say "hey, our EM are awesome".

There is a sentence in france, which says "criticism is easy, improving is way more difficult".
There where moments and I have a lot of other SS from events. But compared to most of the other shards events, Europa had only had a few great ones. Besides have you ever attended Rares Fest or just talked with other players who attend a lot of events? Have you ever heard anything good about the Europa events from people who play other shards also? Improving events on Europa would be pretty easy, if it was not just focused for one group. Even if there is no item drop a player who is only attending for the chance of item drop should still be impressed by the events. But I personally only experienced once or twice over the years. Compared to my experience from other shards. The players I talked with over the years about events also have admitted that Europa does not have very good EMs. But I have not played since I quit, I still doubt it changed. We all experience the Events differently, but try just a few events on the US shards and experience the difference. Only problem you will have is to start up char there and train up one with good enough armour to compete in the battles. But I also know you do not need it, you just wear your undies and beat them all.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The purpose of this thread was, unless I'm very much mistaken, to request that Mesanna be invited to Europa. I believe that request has been heard.

It is not here for people to slam the EMs, especially people who don't even have current information because they no longer play! This topic is therefore redundant.

Status
Not open for further replies.