• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] When is loot table for TChest generated?

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Now that luck applies, when is the loot inside the chest generated, is it when:
  1. Map is decoded
  2. Location is found (first successful dig strike)
  3. Chest is fully above ground
  4. Chest is successfully opened

Essentially I am trying to figure if I can decode on a utility toon, dig up chest and kill spawn, LP with utility toon, Loot chest with the digging/killing fellow. I know I CAN do so, but whether or not I adapt the practice depends on when the Loot table is populated (when you see the items, is likely different from when the client decides what the loot is). My best guess, is actually #3. What are your experiences and thoughts?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Luck is applied at the first dig, whether you dig the chest all the way out of the ground, or stop the dig.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wear a luck suit through the whole process is what I used to do. I've not done maps recently though.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Is there a way to estimate the effectiveness of luck?

I need an LRC suit first, then add luck. I doubt ill be able to manage more than 500 luck, and just wondering if it's worth trying to build such a suit.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Thanks, but I'm not seeing the answer to my question. In fact, the first link says that luck doesn't affect treasure chests. I was wondering how to determine the effect 1000 luck had on a treasure chest.

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a way to estimate the effectiveness of luck?

I need an LRC suit first, then add luck. I doubt ill be able to manage more than 500 luck, and just wondering if it's worth trying to build such a suit.
I've only recently started wearing a luck suit while doing maps, and now I'm kicking myself for not wearing it sooner. There is a noticable difference in loot with a luck suit on. I definitely think it's worth making a suit. Is there a reason you'd be limited to 500 luck? I managed to throw together a 1250(pre-statue) luck suit that still met all my needs for t-hunting without too much trouble.

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thanks, but I'm not seeing the answer to my question. In fact, the first link says that luck doesn't affect treasure chests. I was wondering how to determine the effect 1000 luck had on a treasure chest.
Read both links. The first explains how to calculate the effect of Luck, and also has calculators for you to use.
The second link, explains that as part of Pub 86, and the Global Loot Revamp, Luck does now affect treasure chests :)

Additionally, if it is a Felucca map, there will be an additional 1000 point Luck bonus applied.

Your first question, "Is there a way to estimate the effectiveness of luck?" is answered very well, in fact, that you can calculate the effect instead of estimating. You can even say ok if I want %50 chance at improved loot, I need X Luck. And you can calculate that X.

Your second question. "I doubt ill be able to manage more than 500 luck, and just wondering if it's worth trying to build such a suit." That is subjective and totally up to you.
You CAN find the exact %effect of 500 luck. I would like to point out that, 6*140 = 840 is pretty easy to fit into an LRC suit of leather. But back to your question of the 500, assuming that is all you can fit
due to reasons, 500 luck gives you a 31.581% Chance at *more loot, more properties on loot, and chance that the properties will be higher than normal intensities. All right off the top of the Luck link at Uoguide. You may notice the asterisk I put on more loot. Someone else will need to chime in, on whether or not Luck can boost number of items in a chest. Typically there is a set number for each level 1 - 7 of a map.

Hope that helps. Don't forget the luck statue! There is at least one publically accessible and Luna, and it is not uncommon for folks to put them on steps or a porch for people to click. Since we have confirmation that Luck bonus is applied when you dig up the chest (there is a nice link with answers from Kyronix you may have missed in DreadLord Lestat's post), once you have a couple of decoded maps, and you've found your spots, click a statue and get a little extra luck. The luck bonus is 200 plus 50 for for each year of continuous subscription; the maximum is currently 1000 and the minimum is 200. You can use it once every 24 hrs. The way it works with treasure chest is even better. Say you only have 45 seconds left on the bonus and you dig up your last chest, no problem! The bonus has been applied :) But say you were idk, fighting a Paragon NastyThing and it took you 46 secs to make a corpse, byebye luck bonus.

Don't forget the Etoile Blue / Novo Bleue caster luck jewelry set, there is 400, usually 4 or 5 mil, and the 95 luck robes are cheap. look for Robe of the Eclipse on vendor search. You can do 1135 @ 6x140 + 2x100 imbued jewels + 95 luck robe. add 200 to that number if you pick up the Bleue set. Theres more, but thats just 2 quick ideas. Good Luck with your hunting

Last edited:

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
That's terrific information, Loren. I've been playing about 16 years but I've been on a long hiatus, so I didn't know those details.

For treasure chest luck, I've concluded the luck is applied at first dig. While I can't be sure, I assume treasure chest loot is generated the same way as MOB loot.

I didn't know about the 10th anniversary sculpture or the 95 luck robe. I didn't see one on Lake Superior last night, but I have my "shopping tokens" (Atlantic shard transfer token and return) and found both of them reasonably priced there. And I have like 3 million cleanup points, so I picked up the etoile jewelry set, too.

I don't have an LRC/Luck suit at the moment, but with some trial and error, setup an enhanced client macro. I wear the luck suit, start the dig, switch to the LRC suit. I can't say I noticed a major change in the loot, but I only did a few t-hunts.

For the statue, I might have to change my loot strategy. I'm too slow at identifying good pieces when t-hunting, so I carry like 5 empty loot bags and "loot all" until I'm fully loaded. Then a quick recall home and lock it down, then return to the t-hunt and loot some more. When I'm done, my crafter sorts through the loot, and since imbuing is at 88, I just unravel the whole container. The best pieces I don't have the skill to unravel, so then I only have a few pieces to examine.

Since I'll only be able to use the luck statue once every 24 hours, I'll probably do 2-3 t-hunts before calling for my crafter.

Are the Bleue jewelry sets really worth 4-5 million? Seems I'm always out of gold, but I could put my hands on a few of these jewelry sets easily if they sell for that much.

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Are the Bleue jewelry sets really worth 4-5 million? Seems I'm always out of gold, but I could put my hands on a few of these jewelry sets easily if they sell for that much.
Not sure how to answer that. I would definitely pay that for a non replica set. Then again I can't remember seeing a set with durability on them. Depends on your server. They go for less on ATL, frequently. Less than 5 I mean. Not unusual to see each piece for 2M. If you are on Cats, I'll make you a luck/lrc suit, with casting mods, for nothing, as long as you provide any relics, or mats beyond magic residue and eternal essence. 140 is easy now. Just sew up several leather suits, or go piece by piece. Keep all the ones with 0, 1, or 2 (0 is best but unusual) added to physical. POF to something reasonable like 150 (unless you are swimming in the stuff then go for it). Imbue 100 luck on it. Enhance with Splined. repeat until one doesn't poof on you. Before you get cracking you can use a imbuing calc, like Knuckleheads.dk http://www.knuckleheads.dk/tools/imbuing?itemtype=armor
to make sure everything will fit. Luck is easy to account for 1:1. 127 luck = 127 weight. That's the no runic way. You could reforge for luck and hope for 150, but it takes many rolls. The cheaper way is outlined above.
That was all assuming you have Arms Lore 100.

Welcome Back and Happy Hunting!

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Luck is applied at the first dig, whether you dig the chest all the way out of the ground, or stop the dig.
This is partially incorrect, every time you start digging again, your luck is re-checked. You don't need to be wearing the luck suit if you are just pre-marking the locations for future hunts.

You need to be wearing the luck suit the digging session that pops the guardians. Once the guardians are out you can swap out of the luck suit if you wish.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
If I understand Kyronix correctly, you only have to be wearing the luck suit on the initial dig, and you should be able to switch to an LRC suit while digging. At least that's what I'm doing.

I based that on these two statements from Kyronix -

The luck check occurs once you start digging up the chest and only occurs once.
Luck is grabbed every time a digging session is initiated.