When can I sell ingots back to NPCs for a fair price?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
The vendors say it cost me 20 gp to buy an ingot, but will only pay 8 to get it back. Is this permanent or temp?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008

Sellback will always be 8gp. They changed it due to an exploit to game that system.

K

Kiminality

Sellback will always be 8gp. They changed it due to an exploit to game that system.
Actually, doesn't that price still go down, if they're sold enough of that item?
I thought they effectively severed the connection between buy and sell prices, meaning the prices will never change favourably for the player.

Which poses the question, to any dev that reads.
Whether the details are right, or not, wasn't this only supposed to be a temporary fix, to prevent an exploit?
Where's our permafix? ;)

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oct 1, 2006
Crashapeake
community.stratics.com
Actually, doesn't that price still go down, if they're sold enough of that item?
I thought they effectively severed the connection between buy and sell prices, meaning the prices will never change favourably for the player.

Which poses the question, to any dev that reads.
Whether the details are right, or not, wasn't this only supposed to be a temporary fix, to prevent an exploit?
Where's our permafix? ;)
I think that was the permafix. They didn't want players to be able to turn a profit off NPC's with no effort.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 26, 2008
Yes, it's a tempapermafix ... there was a post by Draconi back before the great server meltdown a few months ago about how the vendor buying/selling was found to be broken and under abuse by scripters. Until/unless a non-exploitable system can be worked out, vendors will henseforth have a minimum price they sell at which is higher than the maximum price they will buy at.