• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's Your PVM Spell Casting Sequence

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aloha!

What's your favorite order of casting spells for a boss fight!

Do you always drop RC or an EV? Explosion? Spell Plague? Corpse Skin? Omen? Do you finish with Flame Strikes? Word of Death!?

:p
spellbreaker

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Depends on the boss and the character I'm there with, but if they're weak to fire, have a huge or unlimited mana pool, and I'm on my Necro/Mage then I use Corpse Skin, then Flame Strike+Evil Omen combo until Corpse wears off, then repeat. Even have a macro to do both automatically. I find as most bosses have some counter attack measure or another so fewer but harder hits are best, it lessens the chance of being retargeted and having to heal. If it's weak to energy I use Chain Lightning+Evil Omen combo. Usually get anywhere from 300-800 damage per combo without overloading on SDI gear.

My Mystic I haven't been very impressed with of late, RC's don't seem anywhere near as good as they once were, Hail Storm benefits from not dissipating it's damage the more targets it hits (unlike Meteor Swarm/Chain Lightning) but as my Mystic isn't a Wraith that isn't of huge use to me.

WOD I think is a bit cheap and crap, as it's like running in after everyone else has done all the work and trying to swipe the reward, but I do love comboing it with Tribulation, again with little/no SDI doing 300ish WOD with an additional 200ish going off from Tribulation.

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for your feedback!

Corpse Skin / Evil Omen / Flame Strike - Is fun!

Generally I do -
Drop RC or EV's /Explosion / Corpse Skin / Spell Plague / Fire Ball - spam Fire Ball till Corpse Skin falls off and re-cycle.

Word of Death / Tribulation - I love it! Maybe Mage/Necro/Weaver/Bard will be my next build. Wraith Disco sounds interesting.

be blessed,
spellbreaker

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
FS Omen other way around. On things multiple people are hitting if you Omen then FS someone else will get the benefit of your Omen. FS Omen lands quicker and closer together to ensure you get the boost.

There's probably a ping cut off for it working. But you can just use a macro:

(6 lines on one key)
Cast Spell - Flame Strike
Wait For Target
Last Target
Cast Spell - Evil Omen
Wait For Target
Last Target

Just use the Corpse Skin before hand (in case you're also xhealing people)

If you're likely to get fizzled do it manually, but otherwise I use the macro.

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
9 5 2 !

Your a beast! That is on a FS+Omen?.... I need to get in on that!

Be blessed,
spellbreaker

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Screen Shot 2015-01-18 at 2.03.32 PM.png

This is weird the information on evil omen indicates its the next harmful event is magnified. I guess that is why I was thinking Evil Omen then Flame Strike :/

OMG how big is that retina screen shot? HAHA

be blessed,
spellbreaker

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Well actually it's Chain Lightning + Evil Omen (can see it in the journal), though it is the same equivalent, so is Meteor Swarm, but Hydras are weaker to energy than fire.

It is still the next harmful event. There is a delay between when you target some spells (when the mana is taken), and when the damage appears (due to the animation), Evil Omen casts fast enough and lands as soon as you target it so that it hits a split second before the damage from the Flame Strike or Chain Lightning.

The character is using a Dragon Slayer Scrapper's, and has (including the 25 from Scrapper's) about 45 SDI (Which isn't a lot.) Though he also has Inscription.