• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Whats your favorite in game Weapon?

PurplePotion

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
So I'm bored at work and I'm curious. What is your favorite weapon in UO, and why?

My favorite weapon is the Double Axe. I loved how it came to a point on the sides. I've always felt it was the most wicked looking weapon in the game. (The large battle axe reminds me way to much of He-Man) I sacrificed his ex lover, my then wife to a daemon by lopping off her head with an Axe, and used to hunt pks unsuccessfully with one as well! (We had some wicked crazy roleplay going on back in the day)

I've always had a character use once since I first started playing. As a side note, when they first released the LJ bonus, it was a dream come true for me. I've never liked to wield any other type of Axe.

What about you?

Reactions: Lug

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't know for me it's always been the Bow... Some time back a friend did some really awesome drawings for a calendar and I always loved it.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
A simple dagger... *smiles*

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I'm bored at work and I'm curious. What is your favorite weapon in UO, and why?

My favorite weapon is the Double Axe. I loved how it came to a point on the sides. I've always felt it was the most wicked looking weapon in the game. (The large battle axe reminds me way to much of He-Man) I sacrificed his ex lover, my then wife to a daemon by lopping off her head with an Axe, and used to hunt pks unsuccessfully with one as well! (We had some wicked crazy roleplay going on back in the day)

I've always had a character use once since I first started playing. As a side note, when they first released the LJ bonus, it was a dream come true for me. I've never liked to wield any other type of Axe.

What about you?
War Mace. Just looks badass, makes a satisfying "whumpf" sound, and that was my go to weapon from day one back in 98. Sadly ow it's a trash weapon more or less, so I never use it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lug

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My first ever Doom arty was the Berserkers Maul. I loved how fast it was with a stam suit, divine fury, and dex pots back in 2003-2004. It really was a force to be reckoned with. Up until then I always played a mage of some sort. It really was unfair how awesome it was, i guess thats why they capped everything.

I played a lot on test center back then. It was amazing how many people I killed with that thing there. I'm not talking innocents, I'm talking about players that wanted to pvp for the fun of it. I'd buff up, run up to people and wack, wack, wack, wack dead. Most people didnt know what hit them. I never talked trash even when going on a wicked undefeated runs on test. I used to make new chars to see how many kills I could rack up before dying. It helped to have a connection that pinged 7-13 ms to the the UO servers. Once I died, I'd delete the char and start a new one.

I used to fight a guy on legends named Guldan (i think that was his name) about that same time. He was a mage and I was warrior with a B-Maul. Man we had some epic battles. They seemed to last for hours at a time. I had a blast fighting that guy.

Nowadays I do the sampire thing for pvm (i havent pvped since 2007). My current favorite weapons has come full circle back to Mauls. I use them to solo champ spawn and peerless bosses a lot.

Just recently I've been playing around with war maces. I've soloed paroxymus using a war mace. Its not as quick to kill him with a war mace as it is with a maul or double axe, but it was a comfortable solo due to the war maces awesome leech capability thanks to its high damage out put. With 200+ stam, and 60 ssi, a war mace is one hell of a weapon and quickly becoming one of my favorites.

Last edited:

Izzy MBC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The Quarter Staff.

I love it's simplicity, balanced nature, and the elegance when holding it. It's two handed so gives me a purpose for actually disarming my Spellbooks once in a while, thus helps add in a small immersion/RP element, since I tend to run around with it in hand when not engaged in combat. It's also a sturdy, pokey, proddy design for nudging awake other banksitters nearby myself. The sound of it swooping through the air is nice too.

And finally, it OHK's Mongbats, great for traversing forests. Obviously other weapons can as well, but it's still a notable bonus for what is primarily just a pokey stick.

I've only ever owned two of what I consider "perfect" Quarter Staff's, which consists of being absolute stock attributes except for Spell Channeling (with no FC-1, 100% Phys) - what I would give for another of these... a Blue or Green tint due to Cold/Poison % is tolerable. I can't remember what happened to my first one, but my second one I accidently threw in the Moonglow trash bin one day, during a single careless moment :(

To summarise, I love Quarter Staffs.