• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's wrong with you people?

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What has happened to this shard? I've reactivated 5 accounts trying to make a serious comeback. However, at every turn, I'm confronted with barriers to progression. In one thread you tell the new players to use crafted and looted gear. In another thread, those same players are telling us they're not selling those items because they "put the time in and earned it."

So which is it, Siege? Why are you like this? I started here just before AOS and have never seen the player base so determined to screw everyone over.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What has happened to this shard? I've reactivated 5 accounts trying to make a serious comeback. However, at every turn, I'm confronted with barriers to progression. In one thread you tell the new players to use crafted and looted gear. In another thread, those same players are telling us they're not selling those items because they "put the time in and earned it."

So which is it, Siege? Why are you like this? I started here just before AOS and have never seen the player base so determined to screw everyone over.
Translation: I am mad at @Tyrath.

1) Only one person has the attitude you quote. The rest just don't want to sell to you, for personal reasons, right or wrong.
2) You are asking for a very rare item, and you are offering less than a million for it, as if the way you intend to use it dictates its fair market value. What do you really expect?
3) You also had multiple offers to help you farm one. So..

I swear, you pvpers are a dramatic lot. :p

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What do you need Freelsy? i told you i don't have any Crimson's i will help you with farming them if needed. i have basic lrc suits i keep handy, i will make suits for most folk, depends on the individual. to answer your question though, Nothing is wrong with "us People" in my opinion. sure there are a few people who are Pita's there are people who hoard their ****, and then there are plenty of people like myself.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I doubt anything has to do with personal reasons. Majority here now days don't know me and if they still remember, I was never disliked. I was quite helpful to the community. Hell, I gave away nearly 40 mill in items before I quit and sold my abyss house to Kelmo instead of taking the monetary offers I was given. Also, it's more than Tyrath. He's just the one of the forum stating such... Which is fine. Furthermore, my offer was to spur debate. Because if they counter offered, I would know they're interested in selling and we could haggle out a deal. Finally, if you recall, Ive responded to those request of help. I've stated "I will gladly take you up on the offer when I return home."

Don't make me out to be the bad guy here.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
not making you out to be the bad guy, just making sure you know we aren't either.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How am I screwing you or anyone over? And I don't have 10, I have 13 collected over the last 6 years. AS said they are a rare drop and even at 5 mil too cheap for the time involved in getting them. Hell I would even join in with the others helping you farm one. Rarely will I sell or trade items I obtain on my own though. This reminds me way too much of a IRL debate where I am a bad guy because I won't sell 5 acres to a guy that really wants to build a house in this area. After all I have 200 acres and should sell it because I have more land than one person needs in that persons opinion. Like I told him its nothing personal I obtain land, I don't sell land. Well and I don't want a neighbor any closer than 1/2 mile. Hmmm guess I am funny like that in game to, given most of my houses isolated locations :)

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Im like freelsy in I just want to wear them. I had 3, and I gave one to a new player here. I wear one and when I die and lose it so be it. Takes to long to farm those, and to expensive to buy and wear all the time on every suit. Sucks that we dont have a real way to replace stuff like that. I may be unlucky, but ive done probably 20+ lady mels and have never gotten one.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just pretty much count on one every 40-50 mels and maybe every 60-70 dreads but the RNG hates me.

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What item(s) is the one in discussion here? Everyone just referring it to "item" lol.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Sorry Sorry... Had to do this. Sorry. It's just... So funny...

Phew. Too much Beer...

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What item(s) is the one in discussion here? Everyone just referring it to "item" lol.
This thread was more directed at the philosophy of a portion of the Siege player base. However, it's turned into the Crimson debate because of my other thread.

My intent of this thread wad to highlight the hypocrisy of certain players (not Tyrath, I respect his position although I dislike it) telling us to utilize looted and crafted gear. Yet when I reach out to the community, I'm instructed to farm it and earn it.

To answer your question specifically, I've utilized the forums and general chat to look for PVM sampire items with high Stam and mana, heritage tokens, jewels with HCI and DCI. Crimsons and other higher end items. Mostly it's been specific dexxer gear to get both my sampire and pvper ready for action and a pool of additional gear for my inevitable death.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think a big part of what perpetuates the hoarding is the hoarding. When I came back, it was impossible to find the gear I wanted and needed. Sure you could pick up a decent suit for training and mid level PvM and very basic PvP for a couple hundred thousand gold. With that gear you are neither effective in PvP or PvM. So I think we simply have learned to keep anything that might be useful to our play style........ even if it fills up 4-5 houses, because almost anything higher end is nearly impossible to obtain through trade. Toss in the rosk of losing it every time you step out of your house and all that stuff ends up in crates because it was hard to obtain and is too valuable to risk losing, but hey we might need it some day. That is a hard mentality to break out of and it is well embedded on Siege...... And yes I am just as guilty as a lot of other people with my hoarding...... Right or wrong? not for me to say.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats all? One Like for This awsome joke? C'mon folks. Dont let Silent be the only one to appreciate humoristic awesomeness!
My appreciation of humor runs above the belt most of the time.

Besides, I've got a screenshot of Gwyneth Paltrow in a sports bra from the end Iron Man 3 up as my desktop wallpaper, I'm not thinking humorous thoughts, just playful ones. :p

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Doc may fit fine with in HI5 with his taste of jokes J/K

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats an insult, Freja. Another one and I put you on my Ignore-List!