• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's wrong with this picture?

balissis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I almost got scammed on Atl today. Be careful if you are buying cheap pirate hats on VS. Thought they fixed things like this with Power Scrolls. Guess no thought was put into the event reward drops. You can see folks have bought some of the 175m versions of Tricorne Hats.

1714076140783.png

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Just wondering why would anyone pay 175 mil for a pirate hat? If it was 50k then maybe someone could fall for this scam but at 175mil?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just wondering why would anyone pay 175 mil for a pirate hat? If it was 50k then maybe someone could fall for this scam but at 175mil?
Exactly. At what point in the event was a hat worth 1M? Much less 175?

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
People who fall for the 175M scam are apparently as dim as they are rich. I am half-kidding, but if you so casually spend 175M where you don't pay enough attention to realize what you're buying... you may be too rich for your own good. :D

Smeckle

Journeyman
when you click buy and have plats or plat or that much gold it auto pays instantly is how they are getting Away with it just hold a million gold in your shopper's account and you will not have that problem lol

balissis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So, they are putting a bunch of Tricorn hats on a vendor for 175,000 and sprinkling the 175,000,000 mil hats in the bunch.

You can see from the image that someone bought the expensive hats. When you are buying a lot of them fast I can see how someone could get fooled.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, they are putting a bunch of Tricorn hats on a vendor for 175,000 and sprinkling the 175,000,000 mil hats in the bunch.

You can see from the image that someone bought the expensive hats. When you are buying a lot of them fast I can see how someone could get fooled.
How do you know what someone else bought?

balissis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
How do you know what someone else bought?
I'm assuming because when I looked at this vendor's bags there were rows of hats missing in the lot. The person was putting a 175m hat every 3rd or 4th hat. You can see that in the image I posted, there were 3 missing/purchased.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Lol. I laugh every time someone falls for this. How Trammel can someone be to cry that they were scammed by numbers. Why can't people just pay attention to what they're doing?