• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Whats wrong with people?

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LoL Sorcon...they used to do that scam all the time..

But yes Vyal. Alot of dumb people fall for that ****.

L

Lord Urza

This person just tried to scam me, and sell me a hired sailor.

So i highly suggest being very weary of doing any buisness with this person at all, it allso appears they were parking a horse off screen in an attempt to sell it as a philip's wooden steed an old scam.

V

venus uth matar

**Deep breath**

I don't know where to begin and want to start by apologizing sincerely. Sorcon can vouch that the "Uth Matar" name NEVER tried to scam or cheat anyone. The name was associated with generosity, helpfulness, quite a bit of eccentricity and a little craziness, but NEVER scams and cheats.

The character "Sophia Uth Matar" is played by a 10 year old girl IRL. I gave her a separate account so she could play- she enjoyed taming and trying to kill mongbats. She collects garbage off the ground and she tried to trade my rideable polar bear for a first year ethy, lol. She doesn't understand the game but has fun trying. Someone tried to dupe her, and showed her what she thought was a "neat trick", that she then attempted to repeat. She did not realize that she is maliciously "scamming" people, nor does she comprehend the damages she is doing to the name alone. Now- I know it's easy for anyone to sit and read the computer screen and say "well, yeah, how many times have I heard that? 'oh its my friend that was playing...' yadda yadda yadda" but I can assure you- and anyone who has played for any number of years and remembers the uth matars will KNOW- that this is NOT how we play.

She is grounded from UO for a week, and she is specifically FORBIDDEN from buying/selling/trading ANYTHING. Anything she needs she can get through me- Venus Uth Matar. If she attempts PLEASE remind her she is NOT to be buying/selling/trading ANYTHING from/with another player.

Finally- if she did scam you out of something- please find me and I will make it right. My characters are Venus Uth Matar and Roger the Cook. I am not on very much, but I will do all I can to rectify this and make absolutely certain it NEVER happens again.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:)

knew it hadda be sumpin.... first thought was that someone had simply stolen the family name

Jove

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can Vouche for Venus. Knew it was her daughter as soon as I saw the post. Kids do the darndest things too. I'm sure that was a hard lesson for her to learn. Glad that some parent on here has some control over their childs actions, wish he had more responsible people like her in Legends.

I

IRS

She is grounded from UO for a week, and she is specifically FORBIDDEN from buying/selling/trading ANYTHING. Anything she needs she can get through me- Venus Uth Matar. If she attempts PLEASE remind her she is NOT to be buying/selling/trading ANYTHING from/with another player.

Finally- if she did scam you out of something- please find me and I will make it right. My characters are Venus Uth Matar and Roger the Cook. I am not on very much, but I will do all I can to rectify this and make absolutely certain it NEVER happens aain.
go easy on the kid.. if she is indeed only 10 and didnt know, then there is no intent.. its just a game, where role playing is encouraged, and traits of theives in the game used to make it so much more exciting then the bland care bear land we have now... btw she scammed me out of a castle with no spawn, and no neighbors in fel, oh an it was on the water, if you truly do wish to pay up.

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
go easy on the kid.. if she is indeed only 10 and didnt know, then there is no intent.. its just a game, where role playing is encouraged, and traits of theives in the game used to make it so much more exciting then the bland care bear land we have now....
OMG DJ and here I thought you finally had something nice to say!

btw she scammed me out of a castle with no spawn, and no neighbors in fel, oh an it was on the water, if you truly do wish to pay up.
But this OMG....LOL you are bad bad bad !!

V

Vyal

I'm not mad or anything just thought it was funny seeing that scam again.

I

IRS

I'm not mad or anything just thought it was funny seeing that scam again.

Remember before luna when everyone gathering at west brit bank back in the day.. there would always be someone trying that scam

L

Lord Urza

I am not upset at all over this.
And understand that kids will be kids.
I only posted to prevent anyone here from unknowingly getting tricked.

Back to Care-alot!