• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's worth doing?

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Before I sink time into adjusting characters what new stuff is actually worthwhile?

Since being back I've seen:
A wisp selling stuff outside Despise... is it good stuff or crap?
A fight with a guy and a wisp inside Despise... tried a few times but follower keeps dying, is it worth doing?
Stuff in Wrong, possibly puzzles, kinda unclear.
Stuff in Shame.
Stuff in Covetous, the void pool, and Cora herself/itself?
What are the big demand items, what do they drop from, what do they do/who wants them/why?
Are there any other new areas/monsters/boss fights/solo challenges?
Any changes to Renowneds? Stygian Dragon? Slasher?
What's going on with Doom? Hearing people farming stuff at Dark Guardians or is that over now? Gauntlet?
What Artifact drops are switched on/off?

Asking, because for the most part I haven't seen anyone else doing any of these things, so guessing it's either crap or you can just buy the stuff cheap somewhere.

Thanks

robot_legs

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I think you will find different answers all around but for me right now my favorites are:
-Solo navery, meduse and stygian dragon
-Champ spawns semidar (fel) and rikktor (fel)
-farm ancient wyrms (fel)
-farm level 4 cove stuff (fel)
-and currently working on a character to do exodus

All of this is with a fencing sampire with high luck (1900 after statue)

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I came back roughly a year ago, and took a while getting re-acquainted with the game - gathering resources, making a nice suit, etc.

Doom is over. It was a "kill stuff to collect turn in artifacts" type of thing. They first debuted this parked farming type of system a while back with the Treasures of Tokuno many years ago.

There's a currently going on turn-in thing in Blackthorn dungeon where you have to kill these masters. Some are pretty tough, some are more annoying that anything else. But you collect enough of the arties, you can get replicas of some nice stuff (which you may or may not already have). The masters are invulnerable until you clear some spawn around them - but they spawn so clustered together that it's a real problem for me - when the Master gets low on health, they tend to run and hide behind some invulnerables.

I don't think there's been any changes to Abyss stuff for quite some time.

My current personal challenges for myself: Run a loop of the Fel champs without dying. I can do Baracoon, Rikktor, and Neira without (much) issue. I've done Mephitis once, but died once during the spawn, and once to the champ. I didn't even manage to summon Semidar, but I was using a lousy non-slayer weapon to clear the early levels. I've since made myself a nice Gargoyle slayer and Demon slayer whirlwind weapon and plan to try again in the coming days. I have not tried Oaks yet.

Once I manage this, I guess I'll try and solo the harrower... Not sure if that's doable.

I also plan to make a loop of Peerless solo's. I've never solo'd a Peerless before either.

robot_legs

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I came back roughly a year ago, and took a while getting re-acquainted with the game - gathering resources, making a nice suit, etc.

Doom is over. It was a "kill stuff to collect turn in artifacts" type of thing. They first debuted this parked farming type of system a while back with the Treasures of Tokuno many years ago.

There's a currently going on turn-in thing in Blackthorn dungeon where you have to kill these masters. Some are pretty tough, some are more annoying that anything else. But you collect enough of the arties, you can get replicas of some nice stuff (which you may or may not already have). The masters are invulnerable until you clear some spawn around them - but they spawn so clustered together that it's a real problem for me - when the Master gets low on health, they tend to run and hide behind some invulnerables.

I don't think there's been any changes to Abyss stuff for quite some time.

My current personal challenges for myself: Run a loop of the Fel champs without dying. I can do Baracoon, Rikktor, and Neira without (much) issue. I've done Mephitis once, but died once during the spawn, and once to the champ. I didn't even manage to summon Semidar, but I was using a lousy non-slayer weapon to clear the early levels. I've since made myself a nice Gargoyle slayer and Demon slayer whirlwind weapon and plan to try again in the coming days. I have not tried Oaks yet.

Once I manage this, I guess I'll try and solo the harrower... Not sure if that's doable.

I also plan to make a loop of Peerless solo's. I've never solo'd a Peerless before either.
What shard are you playing on? Also, is you character female? Otherwise semidar is gonna be a little tough :) Her spawn can definitely get a little tough.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Chessy.

No - male, but I thought that only mattered for casting spells - I plan to double strike her about 100 times and call it a day. Also, can't you use those life shield lotions to prevent some of her life drain?

robot_legs

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I haven't heard of anyone with a male character doing semidar. With a female i would say it is the easiest of the champ spawns as far as bosses go. Her spawn however is one of the toughest for me.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the great replies. What/where is the Blackthorn dungeon? Is it the same as what I hear people calling Exodus?

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Sorry for all the noob question btw lol, played 2001-2011 so I have pretty much everything available. Hardest part at the moment is actually bothering to set up my macros/remembering how to play my characters. Doesn't help I'm on a laptop now with no gaps for easily remembering keys.

Tried my Stone Form Mystic Macer last night (the one that solo'd Slasher) on the Void Pool spawn, lol, only made it to level 20. Though I had no pots, petals, apples, box, Mystic macros... just bandages and specials.

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I solo semidar by using scrolls to go into wraith form. I one hit killed myself before figuring that one out. My warrior runs 120 swords/tactics/anat/healing/parry/resist with enough stam/ssi on the suit to swing a longsword at cap. I often don't have the time to key up peerless so I've been enjoying doing navery and slasher as well as the stygian dragon since getting draconic orbs is easy.

robot_legs

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I solo semidar by using scrolls to go into wraith form. I one hit killed myself before figuring that one out. My warrior runs 120 swords/tactics/anat/healing/parry/resist with enough stam/ssi on the suit to swing a longsword at cap. I often don't have the time to key up peerless so I've been enjoying doing navery and slasher as well as the stygian dragon since getting draconic orbs is easy.
Nice =) I just turned my character into a lady instead =(

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
So, Semidar will reflect melee damage done by male characters? On the Hunters Guide it says only spells damage.

robot_legs

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
So, Semidar will reflect melee damage done by male characters? On the Hunters Guide it says only spells damage.
A male or vampire male is like permanent blood oath. Can do it in wraith form or as a female..

Last edited:

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
The scroll of valiant whatsit replica... once used are the stats permanent? Or does it wear off under some conditions? Do you have to keep the scroll with you?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Permanent, not sure if you get to keep the scroll.
You get to keep the scroll after it is applied to a char. Use an ultimate +25 power scroll first and then the valiant scroll to hit 260 max skills.

egglett

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I still spend time at the Primeval Lich spawn trying to get the last couple of parts I need to complete my volcano .
This can be quite lucrative selling unwanted deco drops etc.
This maybe dependent on how busy the shard you play on is though !