What's with the ostards? hmm?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mar 18, 2004
seriously? no one knows why someone bothers to tame an ostard and release it where the stealables spawn in the abyss? i was thinking someone was dying and they were going wild, but why not buy a horse.

Something is up and i will get to the bottom of it.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 19, 2003
Catskills
Frenzied ostards (if memory serves me) are agressive. Maybe they're leaving them there to kill thieves attempting to ply their trade.

If it's just a regular forest ostard, my best guess would be its owner died and it went wild.

As to your question as to why not just buy a horse? Because horses are boring. Some players (myself included) like to go out of their way to be a little unique. I once stoned taming and lore onto my stealther just so I could easily tame a pet ferret to follow him around town.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mar 18, 2004
*nods*

i guess my wondering turns to, if they died from the Slasher of Veils, i am sure the Slasher would eat the pet too. Asking around, someone said they seen a person purposefully realease them.

*thinks*

Daga Taga

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nov 8, 2008
Lake Superior
They are just ostards. I see them in towns all the time wondering around. Someone tames them, names them Gobble Gobble and leaves them, no Idea why.