• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

whats up with Item Id ?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Item ID, when used on an item, will tell you what imbuing components the item can be unraveled into.

T

thoregundi

Oh nice, so it doesn't better enhanced items being made anymore?

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
No, it really doesn't have much of a use, honestly. Most folks seem to just unravel everything - they don't rely on item ID to decide whether or not to unravel, in most cases.

T

thoregundi

How about arms lore? Does GM Arms Lore help my crafting out any ???
--

aah nevermind I found the answer! it helps resistances at gm

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Arms lore is a must for crafters. Arms lore adds damage increase to exceptionally crafted weapons, as well as extra resistances on exceptionally crafted armor.

If you're planning to make a crafter, arms lore is a must-have, but you're probably ok without item ID.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Item ID , Taste ID , And For. Evaluation are probably the most useless skills.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
For sure, as well as camping.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Arms lore is a must for crafters. Arms lore adds damage increase to exceptionally crafted weapons, as well as extra resistances on exceptionally crafted armor.

If you're planning to make a crafter, arms lore is a must-have, but you're probably ok without item ID.
This is true for Blacksmithing, but I can find no reference to it giving a bonus to an Artificer. I'm working on my Artificer template and need to have a definite answer to this.

Thanks

T

thoregundi

aaaah ! So it will increase the damage of my bows!! coool! I'm about to gm bowcrafting! so I'll be sure to do arms lore too, along with my smith!

Thanks!

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

aaaah ! So it will increase the damage of my bows!! coool! I'm about to gm bowcrafting! so I'll be sure to do arms lore too, along with my smith!

Thanks!
Yes, indeed. With GM arms lore, your exceptionally-made bows will have at minimum 40 di.

J

Jermosh

This is true for Blacksmithing, but I can find no reference to it giving a bonus to an Artificer. I'm working on my Artificer template and need to have a definite answer to this.

Thanks
It gives the advantage in that the items will have a higher intensity with Arms Lore, so you get better gains and better unravel with Exp items.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Yes, indeed. With GM arms lore, your exceptionally-made bows will have at minimum 40 di.

I already get 40 di without arms lore? aah haaa! but I got 43 di with 72 arms lore! that will be nice to gm !! lol
Sorry, should say minimum 45 di at GM. Also gives +5 random resists to armor at GM arms lore.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks
It gives the advantage in that the items will have a higher intensity with Arms Lore, so you get better gains and better unravel with Exp items.
Again, I assume you're referring to an item MADE by a BLACKSMITH that will have higher intensity - and that THESE will give a better unravel by the Artificer. But the Arms Lore skill is needed ONLY for the BLACKSMITH and NOT for the Artificer, right?

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

Thanks
Again, I assume you're referring to an item MADE by a BLACKSMITH that will have higher intensity - and that THESE will give a better unravel by the Artificer. But the Arms Lore skill is needed ONLY for the BLACKSMITH and NOT for the Artificer, right?
Arms lore is not needed for the artificer. If all you're doing on your toon is imbuing, 120 imbuing is all you need.

If you want to benefit offensively from the imbuing skill, you will also want mysticism and eval int.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Arms lore is not needed for the artificer. If all you're doing on your toon is imbuing, 120 imbuing is all you need.

If you want to benefit offensively from the imbuing skill, you will also want mysticism and eval int.
So , it's kind of like... Scribe for Magery in a sense??

But Imbuing for Mysticism ?

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Well, from my understanding (the system is a bit complicated), eval int is to magery as eval int and imbuing is to mysticism. One specific benefit I can think of atm is that imbuing makes your rising colossuses (i.e., mysticism summon) more powerful/effective.