• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Whats this I hear about a "Classic" shard?

T

Tick_NvM

Hello all,

Old Napa player here, but I doubt anyone knows me. Anyhow, I have had a couple of old guildmates ask me about a possible "Classic" shard starting and I had no idea what they were talking about so I started reading on Uhall about all of this. As a former Napa resident I am interested in what you guys/gals think and would you play this shard? I have to admit that I and and my old guild are very interested and would probably return if this was implemented.

S

Salya Sin

I would LOVE to try it out! I didn't start playing until 2002... I sort of miss the "loot everything and ID it later" part...

And I have read all the threads on it... and I don't know if it would be something I would enjoy playing on like I do now... but I would certainly start a character and give it a go. In the recent town hall meeting it was asked about as well. Uriah stated that it was being considered and we would have an answer by the end of the year. Soooo... guess we shall see!

In the meantime... you should come back and play with all of us still on Napa! We miss our older players. :)

Cadderly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi I remember you, also remember that I couldn't stand NvM. Whatever you folks are doing you need to come back and give napa a visit. I need a guild to pancake about.

I'm putting my money on that they will make a classic shard. Will it be in the next couple years? Probably not. The good thing is that it will probably be the most populated shard for a good long time because of old school players like yourself that have been patiently waiting for the good ole glory days to make a return. Regarding your question about if the napa player base would play this shard. this answer is: **** yah, All 3 of us will be there.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That subject has been talked & talked about on UHall for months now. Problem is the word "Classic Shard", no one in UHall can really make up their minds on what "Era" constitutes a "Classic Shard" - Pre Tram, birth of T2A, or Pre Pub 16. Personally people want Pre Tram type rule set go to Siege. I do not think 10% of the current player base really understands what the Pre Tram era was like. Just one that pops into mind real fast.... House keys... being looted & loosing what ya have. People P&M about insurance now & loosing 1 item to a bug, can you hear the screaming if they lost their whole house! I started 10 yrs ago & know what that was like, yes some was fun, but it was somewhat antiquated & stone age in comparison to what we have now. Only good thing in my opinion was it was ALL SKILL BASED. I wish them luck, but I do not think it will ever fly. 2 Shards now w/Fel only rule set can't make it, do they think a Classic will..... ?

K

kalzaketh

lol, arevert, to the old ruleset would kill alot of supposed pver's as gate camping was ahighly bannable offense prepub 16

L

Lady Mana

Yeah.. for instance, my idea of a classic shard is also before Tram hit, but also after the whole Lost Lands bit.

I miss having to go through a moongate 6 times before getting to Moonglow xD

T

Tick_NvM

Hi I remember you, also remember that I couldn't stand NvM. Whatever you folks are doing you need to come back and give napa a visit. I need a guild to pancake about.
LOL, I remember you as well, an archer if memory serves me well. Good times back then.

I can see where the definition of "classic" could prove bothersome, but I think the main thing players in support want is no tram, AR back and more skill based competition. My personal fav was when T2a was released, but I'm not set on one particular time frame. I really hated having artifacts and figuring out resist armor, even though I had plenty of gold to get all of it. I enjoyed grabbing gm made suits or wearing none for my mage back in the day because I could compete without having to be a billionaire. I wouldnt even care if they kept champ spawns. That was actually the only reason I continued playing as long as I did. Baracoon and Oaks were the best, LOL.

K

kalzaketh

lol, aclassic shard wouldn't have champ spawns, as if it did it wouldn't be classic, no tram no lostlands also

G

Gellor

Nope... no idea who you are Tick:lol: Hope all is going well.

I'd consider doing a classic shard. Standard shards have bored me lately.

As mentioned, there are a lot of discussions on what classic means. I miss the days of GM armor.

I'd love to keep the skill locks, keyless houses, and t2a land expansion only.

T

Tick_NvM

lol, aclassic shard wouldn't have champ spawns, as if it did it wouldn't be classic, no tram no lostlands also
Even though I liked the T2A expansion I'd play without it.

Nope... no idea who you are Tick Hope all is going well.
Gellor! Nice to hear from an old guildy and the best explosion pot thrower I ever knew! I've been working alot and wheeling the hell out of my wrangler, then fixing what I broke, LOL. How have you been?

G

Gellor

Gellor! Nice to hear from an old guildy and the best explosion pot thrower I ever knew!
I think Cadderly might even remember Bob or Reebdoog revealing and dropping bombs at brit gate:lol:

I've been working alot and wheeling the hell out of my wrangler, then fixing what I broke, LOL. How have you been?
I've been busting butt at school. 5 units short of a masters now:thumbup1:

Also trying to get my wheeling rig on the road. But as one might expect, projects are a pain in the buttrolleyes:

G

Gellor

Currently not really playing in any serious capacity.

Last really played on Pacific... but I've got chars all over the place that are mostly developed/equipped:thumbup1:

Tick, you wouldn't by any chance have some current contact information for Aiden you could PM me would you?

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Classic?
*perks*

...oh... just more talk....

*goes back to sleep*

T

Tick_NvM

Tick, you wouldn't by any chance have some current contact information for Aiden you could PM me would you?
I do not. He was playin WoW with us, but havent heard from him for quite some time. I may have an old email addy of his I will PM you if I can find it.

I dont think this classic shard is gonne become reality.

D

Dys1

Currently not really playing in any serious capacity.

Last really played on Pacific... but I've got chars all over the place that are mostly developed/equipped:thumbup1:

You looking for Aidan Kai?? He is my RL brother. Ill let him know your looking for him or you could pm me and I can get you his email or number to ya....