• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Whats the point???

G

OK i been playing for a few weeks, and starting to wounder. besides meeting new ppl and maybe making new friends, What is the point of the game?

I can't see if the game is about moeny or something. cuz the only money i see to be made is if you are a hard worker. if you own a lot and you have everyone going in to it and they aren't working and no one really helps with repairs or helpping maytain the food stock. it's all the owners money going out the door. only to be nice but whom is really being nice to the owners. yes some ppl leave tips, but i have seen like $5000 to do repairs in a week and that alot even with tips.
Now i am not not talking a the freebie player (who are mostly trying out the game) but for the rest, where do we get more moeny to do these thing that we like to do or buy. and forget the ATM....lol

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

Job track, jams, boards, and painting seem to be the most popular ways to earn a living.

There are many goals you can set for your sim...
*Get to the top of all job tracks
*make CC
*be the top lot-in every category (mind you have enough for operating expenses-see first part)
*be the top sim in every category-friendly and not so friendly
*have a really spiffy lot
*see how many random acts of kindness you can do in one green
*I'm sure you could get together with other sims and make all sorts of endurance contests
*get a royal flush in paint poker
The list can go on and on.

G

This game is and always has been more open ended and self-directed than other online games. We set our own goals, because we actually have very few game-driven goals, and the cash a player needs in the game, is totally dependant on what goals they set.

What is adequate for one player, is completely inadequate for another.

At the moment, the obvious money making tools in the game, are job tracks, group money objects like pizza & code, single job objects, stores and custom content. More creative possiblities are waiting to be discovered.
None are 'easy' money.
The ATM is for 'easy' money.

I

imported_Qute Pi

Some goals have been mentioned, there are many more. It's really all about personal preferences. What do you find fun about the game? This is a game that allows your imagination and creativity to be used.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I read an article once with Will Wright explaining the evolution of games. Years ago, games were packaged in a box with a set of instructions. How to setup, how to start, how to play and how the game ends. For those that grew up playing these types of games, it is much harder for them to adapt to an open-ended game.

An open-ended game gives players many choices and paths to take. You are given the creative freedom to design your own game. Some play with no end goals at all, while others set immediate and distant goals for themselves to achieve.

Playing an open-ended game online with other players is even more of a challenge because you are contantly made aware of the social interaction and society evolving around you. Often the goals you first set for yourself, can be impeded by others that are busy playing their game design in your same space.

In my opinion, games should be entertaining, challenging and fun. Most of my entertainment in game comes from those around me. The social aspect of the game keeps me laughing most any day that I login. The challenge for me has been adapting to the players and society that keeps evolving around me. This year, adapting to ever changing game mechanics, has been an added challenge. The fun for me has always been in finding something I enjoy doing, every time I login. Don't get me wrong here. Sometimes I have to login and do things I don't enjoy, as much. These are just chores and challenges that lead me to my fun, though.

For me, the point of the game is not to win but is the journey, itself.

G

"I read an article once with Will Wright explaining the evolution of games. Years ago, games were packaged in a box with a set of instructions. How to setup, how to start, how to play and how the game ends. For those that grew up playing these types of games, it is much harder for them to adapt to an open-ended game. "
Boy, i am getting old..lol i remmber when games were only a little whits dot on my tv...lol
anyone got a paddle?