• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's the latest 2D installer?

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wanna install UO on this PC but when I tried before it gave all kinds of errors during patching beause this thing is slowly dying, so I was wondering what the most recent version of it was. Newest I can think of is the one for the 9th anny box 2 years ago. Would be nice to have one at least slightly more current than that.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would be what I was using before. Ugh.

Hey devs, any chance of you compiling a new one? Pretty please? Two years is a bit more than typical between such things, isn't it?

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I reinstalled UO the other day and had to patch to the current it really made me think it was time for a new installer then realizing SA is a whole year or better from being released made me angry.

The problem here is that UO had a new expansion almost yearly until ML now we receive patches regularly for the "live" content going on. This is something we did not have happening before like it is now.

So 3 years with no new installer and tons of "live" event patches means lots and lots of patching for anyone on a less than godly internet connection.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope it does too. One year is at least better than two, I guess. Thank you.

N

Nestorius

I downloaded it today. It installed easily and didn't take that long to patch. They should make it easier to find for prospective players though.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'm installing as we speak on a Virtual Machine using Ubuntu's newest RC and WINE.

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope it does too. One year is at least better than two, I guess. Thank you.
Anytime. Hopefully Jeremy will see your post here on Monday... and can check into whether this is the latest installer, if the installer will be updated to something more recent, etc.

They should make it easier to find for prospective players though.
There are a handful of links around the UO site to various installers, but http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/uo/ usually has the most current installers. This link and several others for client downloads are in the UO|Client Downloads menu of the UO Toolbar.

Hope that helps.

L

Lord Patapon

Crysta .... thanks SO MUCH for that Mother 3 sig !
(yeah Im out of topic, sorry for this, but I had to)

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Crysta .... thanks SO MUCH for that Mother 3 sig !
(yeah Im out of topic, sorry for this, but I had to)
Sorry for bumping it back, but I have to say you're welcome. In an off-topic way. :p

That and I still wanna know if there's newer.

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Crysta,

How did that install of setup-1.46.0.3.exe 15-Aug-2007 20:39 673M go? Did it patch up and work?

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was able to download and install, but it won't patch because like I said this thing is on the down and out. Unless I get a completely current installer I have no chance it seems. :|

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am having the same problem on my Husband computer, I download UO on to the computer got all the patchs. When I try to log in on UO, I keep getting an APPCrash error, I am running vista on the machine. We called tech support through Compac, and the tech couldn't even get the program to run through remote access, told us to call EA. Oh do I dread that!

But what is so strange, I can download and patch to KR and log into that.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I assure you.. they are different problems. KR would literally never run on this machine.

Devs.. could I please beg you to update the installer? Like.. within the next few days? I'd like to at least have the possibility of messing around with the haloween stuff and event content i've been waiting the entire year for.

W

Warrior of Time

I had to load a laptop the other day and used 8th age then KR second.

Do you think that the older 8th age would help? Go older not newer? I could not find a newer. I let a person borrow it.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am having the same problem on my Husband computer, I download UO on to the computer got all the patchs. When I try to log in on UO, I keep getting an APPCrash error, I am running vista on the machine. We called tech support through Compac, and the tech couldn't even get the program to run through remote access, told us to call EA. Oh do I dread that!

But what is so strange, I can download and patch to KR and log into that.

Still can't get UO to run on that computer. Anyone have any ideas what to do besides throw it out the darn door?