• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

what's the deal with dci?

A

a Rookie

i swear to god. i'm running 60+dci 120eval and 100 anat and i ran into this dexxer on test who literally hits me 9/10 times. what is the point of dci if it doesn't do anything?

H

HippieMagic

i swear to god. i'm running 60+dci 120eval and 100 anat and i ran into this dexxer on test who literally hits me 9/10 times. what is the point of dci if it doesn't do anything?
45 is max... if the dexxer has 45 hci you effectively have 0... It's fine though my warrior has 45 with 120 parry and he barely takes damage between dci and parry doing its thing...

P

Pain_

on my dexxer 120fenc+45hci+hld i hit mage 1\3 times, seriously

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drop anatomy 99.9% and the problem should be solved. GM anatomy+eval as defensive skill seems to be bugging (from what I've heard).

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, he has a valid point with 60 dci. I am positive that before stygian came out it was possible to keep 45 dci after being hit with hld by having 70 dci (which i have on my mage). I am also certain that the effectiveness of dci has dramatically declined after stygian's release. I'm not quite sure what they did, but i know that it is effectively ruining mages in open field situations. At this rate, the next patch/expansion that comes out will render mages as useless as the new gargoyle race. It's a pity that they are ruining the only skill-based character left in ultima.