• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Whats next?

• Thread starter Caesar Weezer
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

Caesar Weezer

So apparently I'm unaware of what EA and Maxis' grand scheme is.

You raise the prices of stuff at the stores....ou completely obliterate the payouts and job wages. How are people supposed to have fun playing the game when they cant buy stuff or make any money?

You are creating more bugs than you are fixing.

You take away property bonuses....how can people afford to keep their lots open without having any money. Don't for a minute say that putting a tip jar out is the answer to this....how can people tip when they aren't making any money...let alone being stingy and not thanking the people who work hard to help them skill.

You are focusing all your attention on EA Land, when there are still tons of paying people in TC3 (who BTW were forced to move there when you merged the two cities). This bugs the crap out of me. If you want to build up EA-Land, by all means do so.

I remember the old days when we were rewarded for playing the game, and thanked for being loyal customers.

G

I think its obvious what is going on, the economy is blowing out and they are trying everything they can to bring it back in line.
Payouts have gone down because there are far to many simoleans being made in the game. Have any of you heard a dev say lately they have the economy under control. I haven’t for a long time now and never in regards to EA Land. In fact I do remember a dev saying that once the economy is under control we will implement the buybacks, that was some time ago now.
And now our pay for jobs has even gone to the wall. Must be a lot of simoleans in EA Land is all I can figure.
Object prices have gone up to retrieve these simoleans.
The store discounts have gone to 31% to retrieve even more simolean.
Well I think now they may have stopped the huge amount of simoleans from being produced in the game. I also think gradually they will retrieve the simoleans that have already been produced.
I can even understand why they are doing it, they have to, to be able to launch their buybacks. If they don't go ahead with the buybacks, who will make all this custom content and all the other things they are promising we can make heaps of money from. Who will do that if there is no buybacks and no way of getting that money. I cannot only see what they are doing but if any of you remember some of my posts in here, from the last couple of months, I even predicted it.
Object prices will eventually come down and the discounts will likely go back to somewhere around where they were.
I can’t however see payouts going back up, even if they do have an answer to the bots.
If the payouts go back up more than just a very small percentage, the economy will blow out again. Or if EA does launch the buybacks, they will be buying so many simoleans they will not make any profit.
Lets face it, if we can make 1k an hour how many of us will firstly play the game doing money objects for 10 of the hours we play each month, just to pay our subscription. And how many would then go further and actually get into being paid to play. Because of that I think about 300 or 400 simoleans an hour would be all we can expect to be able to make tops.

C

Caesar Weezer

FAR TOO MANY SIMOLEANS BEING MADE?! Are you kidding me?!?! I'm hoping you played in BF or AV...where it wasn't uncommon to make 1-2 million in a days stay at a money lot.

I thought the whole point of starting fresh in a new city, with no inflation and outrageous payouts ruining the concept of the game, was the whole concept behind the mergers and creation of TC3! If I'm mistaken, so be it, but I think I deserve an explaination from someone that actually knows what they are talking about...no offense to you BiteMe but all you did was ramble on about money and yada yada.

G

<blockquote><hr>

FAR TOO MANY SIMOLEANS BEING MADE?! Are you kidding me?!?! I'm hoping you played in BF or AV...where it wasn't uncommon to make 1-2 million in a days stay at a money lot.

I thought the whole point of starting fresh in a new city, with no inflation and outrageous payouts ruining the concept of the game, was the whole concept behind the mergers and creation of TC3! If I'm mistaken, so be it, but I think I deserve an explaination from someone that actually knows what they are talking about...no offense to you BiteMe but all you did was ramble on about money and yada yada.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I was around then, I saw it all. Huge amounts of money being made in all cities. Obviously you haven't been keeping up with TC3 and EA Land, and what they are trying to do to prevent that from happening. You make out like I have no idea, sorry but you have no idea. After saying that if you feel I don't agree with you that it's totally wrong to be doing what they are, think again. I think it's absolutly rediculous and am fairly certain it won't work.
I have just cancelled most of my accounts because of it, all bar 1. I am not going to waste much more time and money in EA Land until I see something that looks like it has a chance of working.

P

princessofsh

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with you...honestly (even though I'm staying) lately am very disappointed in EA Land...so many bugs, no starting money (didn't get my bonus)....

I KNOW why there are so much money because of ATMs buying with real cash to get simoleans....I hated the idea....Can we actually just start....wait let me say it this way...

When I first tried TC3 , it was a fresh start (some starting money) and mostly people had the smallest houses but it was fun to skill, make money etc.

EA Land on the other hand.......

I'm sorry, I really do aspirate you guys for trying to make TSO alive again...but EA Land....right now....isn't good....ok...rant done.

A

angielynne

I think there are probably better ways to bring the economy into check than make the game impossible, unless you are playing 24hours a day with a sim doing 4 things at once. Most people who play the game are in it to earn money primarily to buy the items they want and keep their home going. I think that if having the buyback is going to ruin the game this much, then they should not do it, or maybe only do it for people that cancel their account, and after their characters have been wiped, so they can't come back after they get their money with the same items they were using to amass a huge stock of simoleans. They could also limit the amount that could be purchased back. I also was under the impression that they would, themselves, be selling simoleans. That would also help limit assumed losses from buybacks, as there are more players likely to buy simoleans from them rather than to the folks that sell them through their own sites, and those that are going to be buying simoleans are buying them to use them.

It is probably important to remember that this game is very much a work in progress, although I admit that I am frustrated to no end that there aren't enough hours in the day, let alone in my schedule, for me to earn the money to build my house in ealand.

I was ok with the best way to earn money being working a job, but apparently they lowered that as well, do they have bots that work jobs as well?

I

Inge Jones

It looks like what's called "inflation" in a rl economy. What they do in the UK now about that is put up interest rates, and it seems to be working. They used to try stuff like forbidding pay rises, but that didn't actually work, just made people feel poorer and less inclined to actually work.

We don't have a system of credit (borrowing) on TSO do we? I wonder if something like that could be introduced?

Finally, isn't there likely to be *more* inflation if people can buy simloleans for rl money?

I

imported_Starrfoxx

I don't think buying simoleons with real money is a good idea either. I know EA is banking on the thought that people will just get tired of things and take $10-$20 and just buy some "fake money", so that they can get on and do what they want in TSO.

I'll admit, it's very tempting. But I keep reminding myself that spending real money for fake money isn't a bright idea, and I've got better things to do with that hard earned cash of mine.

N

Noddy Bond

<blockquote><hr>

I don't think buying simoleons with real money is a good idea either. I know EA is banking on the thought that people will just get tired of things and take $10-$20 and just buy some "fake money", so that they can get on and do what they want in TSO.

I'll admit, it's very tempting. But I keep reminding myself that spending real money for fake money isn't a bright idea, and I've got better things to do with that hard earned cash of mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

It works for Second Life heh, far more money goes through there than that of a small nation so i can see why EA want a piece of that action

I

Inge Jones

Well, given that EA Land/TSO will probably be closed if they don't make money, I don't think there is much choice. Yes people *will* buy simoleans. I might do that myself as at the established age of 55 I have more money than energy lol!

But there will still be more inflation than if the game's economy was self-contained. I wonder why they didn't make things like the robot factory owned by players and they actually have to pay the workers out of their own money? Also if they made people pay for the time spent in skill houses that would put some money back into the treasury.

D

DGLita

EA Land dived the moment the first bullet train arrived with all its baggage.

Biggest biggest mistake the devs could have made. It just apalls me they couldnt see the damage it would do

G

It is suppose to be a closed system....in other words, the *§* players can buy or earn in the game, is never to exceed the *§* players spend on Maxis items, services, lots, etc. (see Money Pools)

I

Inge Jones

That was interesting. I just read it but I didn't see any mention of how the purchased simoleans would fit into that model? Do you think there will be times when simolean purchases would be refused until the players as a whole had spent more?