• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's next?

J

[JD]

So I started my little noob Sampire and I can smack Miasma around easily.

What should be next on the list to kill?

Typically I am looking for things which are best bang for the buck, and offer some reward.

Like I would try dreadhorn, but the chances of getting a crimmy are so low I figure what's the point.

Are champ spawns my best bet, renouns, or ..?

Thanks

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I started my little noob Sampire and I can smack Miasma around easily.

What should be next on the list to kill?

Typically I am looking for things which are best bang for the buck, and offer some reward.

Like I would try dreadhorn, but the chances of getting a crimmy are so low I figure what's the point.

Are champ spawns my best bet, renouns, or ..?

Thanks
I haven't done PvM other than dreadhorn in a while, but I think Slasher has a chance to drop the Lavalier, and someone told me they paid 100m for it. That sounds like a pretty good reward.

R

ReaperNI

I would recommend doing rikkitors the spawn is able to done by yourself. grab yourself a dragons end and work the 3rd and fourth level spawns slowly make sure you dont bite more then you can chew. use evasion and use honor for rikki. currently i hate slasher without a ranged template that freeze that he does it wtf over powered he spams it constanly and unless you got a good group going with you your going to die alot and going to take awhile to get ressed. poeple have been saying a lil better then the sampire for slasher is a mystic dexxor in stone form avoid all the curses he uses. but rikki is the best bet and you got a shot at getting a sash. TYR

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Demon slayer, hit cold area WW weapon and go clean out a demon spawn or 50. Best spawn, easy as pie when you add 100+ resist to your temp. I have 70 parry for evaison. Champs not that hard once you have a good feel for it.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Balron, if you can do that parra balron, if you can do that Medusa or dread chance at a crimmy or what every it is medusa drops.

Id go with dread as taint is still worth a bit and its not that rare to get a crimmy i got a few off dread and a couple of proxy in about 50 total kills (about 10% drop rate. Its so worth it when you do see that crimson apron on a corpse :D

I'd farm 5 of each dread key and run 5 back to back in about 1.5 hours, I play a game when i do them and try to breat my last time recold, it breaks the boredom ;)

EDIT also the prisom of light is quite profitable killing the demons in the first room for shards to turn into the things you use to make gorgon lenses (works well if you also farm medusa as shes easier than dread + key wise)
Thunderz

J

[JD]

I guess I'm a little prejudiced against Dread horn or Lady Mel and other peerless. As I've done 30+ Mel (in a group) and never seen a crimmy drop (unless the people I was with were ninjalooting and keeping for themselves). And that prism of light dungeon seems to get me killed every time, I hate it.. lol. Add to that the loot on peerless seems substandard...

But I could try it again. Doing the keys 5x in a row would make sense to rock back to back ones. Do you use another character for key collecting? I've heard a stealther is good for key collecting or turning one in. Also how long does key collecting take per run?

How often do you guys use evasion doing that stuff? I don't have parry on my template as I will be running an anat/SS sampire as soon as my suit is finished. But I could always stone off SS and put on Parry for certain things in which evasion is either required, or makes life sooo much easier.

I have a pvp myst char I am kinda working on, she could be adapted to be a part time PVM toon as well to kill slasher as a myst/dexxer...

Medusa seems like she might be pretty easy too, i'm just unclear on how the whole 'evil twin' thing works.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I droped Anat ages ago and only run 36 SS which comes from jewels. For a dread it might be handy for more SS due to a longer lasting curse weapon but I am not sure.

Medusa is, imo, the best peerless to do. Crimmy's sell for about 16-20 mils but the major drops from the Medusa sell for 40+ and the loot unravels to a few relics every time if not more. I normally get 5 sets of keys for her and bang it out. You can go afk if you have gorgon lenses on your suit and just come back to see if you got a drop but no one does that, right?

I actually made a disco samp on my second account just to double the drop rates....good times:)

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess I'm a little prejudiced against Dread horn or Lady Mel and other peerless. As I've done 30+ Mel (in a group) and never seen a crimmy drop (unless the people I was with were ninjalooting and keeping for themselves). And that prism of light dungeon seems to get me killed every time, I hate it.. lol. Add to that the loot on peerless seems substandard...

But I could try it again. Doing the keys 5x in a row would make sense to rock back to back ones. Do you use another character for key collecting? I've heard a stealther is good for key collecting or turning one in. Also how long does key collecting take per run?

How often do you guys use evasion doing that stuff? I don't have parry on my template as I will be running an anat/SS sampire as soon as my suit is finished. But I could always stone off SS and put on Parry for certain things in which evasion is either required, or makes life sooo much easier.

I have a pvp myst char I am kinda working on, she could be adapted to be a part time PVM toon as well to kill slasher as a myst/dexxer...

Medusa seems like she might be pretty easy too, i'm just unclear on how the whole 'evil twin' thing works.
I use my sampire for key cllecting for dread its a piece of cake, coil takes about 5 mins to get 5, the spiders about 10 mins as they spawm next to each other and take like 3 hits to kill and irk probably about 10-15 mins depending on the RNG lol (dont use physical wep use its lowest resist wepon, i have a 50 cold 50 energy), the other two i just pick up on my way through.

I dont need evasion for dread or medusa, can basically afk them and take about 10 mins.

If you put gorgon lenses on your head neck and earings and take a couple extra with you (make sure there made from the invunrability blue colour scales as they are 100% resist), you will never get turned to stone or evil twin. Easiest way to do her if find a corner (i use ne or se corner) with the easiest mob to kill and pull her there so when the monster comes out you can hit evasion if needed, 2 hit it and back on to medusa.

Thunderz

Y

Yen Sid

If you put gorgon lenses on your head neck and earings and take a couple extra with you (make sure there made from the invunrability blue colour scales as they are 100% resist), you will never get turned to stone or evil twin. Easiest way to do her if find a corner (i use ne or se corner) with the easiest mob to kill and pull her there so when the monster comes out you can hit evasion if needed, 2 hit it and back on to medusa.

Thunderz
I usually never go through more than 2 Gorgon lenses. Sometimes I have to put a 3rd on but rarely. And Evasion/Momentum Strike for the creature that spawns in the corner while your whacking Medusa ;).