• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's missing?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vendor wise? What kind of stuff do you think should be on vendors that you have a hard time finding?

Are any near essential/handy to have resources or other bits and bobs not being sold with regularity?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ingots, wood, and Regs. these are always good sellers and in demand. CBD's and POF as well. I had a hard time finding large quantities of iron ingots today.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It maybe time to buy some soul stones to start collecting some resources. Or I could just spend more time stealing and selling the loot...la

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It maybe time to buy some soul stones to start collecting some resources. Or I could just spend more time stealing and selling the loot...la

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think that's one thing I could never do (the gathering). I simply no longer have the patience to resource gather any more than I must. Certainly couldn't do it for long periods of time regularly. :(

I used to mine at work sometimes, but I don't have that job any more heh.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never really done it, lol. So it could grow old rather quickly...but then again, I've told myself I am going to try some new stuff this time around...la

Donal Mor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My observation is that the price of ordinary raw materials and mass demand items like potions has not kept up with inflation. A 1000 ingots isn't going to get you nearly as far gearing up wise as it used to. The one exception would appear to be spined, horned, and barbed leathers. Even these are hard to justify the time and risk versus other alternatives. It seems the real big money is in imbuing ingredients which are nearly impossible to find in quantity.

Considering so many established players have multiple sheep, stump, and mine cart resource generators, the demand is greatly diminished.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cannon ammo is another thing, the powder charges, the fuses, etc. these are good things to sell. I could usually make decent money selling them when i had the time to do it.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have an agent setup on both my characters to pick up reagents when I'm in a reagent rich area. I've been a little lazy about it lately. But I suppose since I am trapped in perpetual hell called Taming Training; I guess I could harvest reagents again so the chore seems more productive.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never really done it, lol. So it could grow old rather quickly...but then again, I've told myself I am going to try some new stuff this time around...la
I really only did it with any dedication in like 98-2000, when ingots were a super useful commodity. The rest of the time has just been to outfit myself, or I just buy it. But I don't even have any kind of crafter skills anymore other than imbuing.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My observation is that the price of ordinary raw materials and mass demand items like potions has not kept up with inflation. A 1000 ingots isn't going to get you nearly as far gearing up wise as it used to. The one exception would appear to be spined, horned, and barbed leathers. Even these are hard to justify the time and risk versus other alternatives. It seems the real big money is in imbuing ingredients which are nearly impossible to find in quantity.

Considering so many established players have multiple sheep, stump, and mine cart resource generators, the demand is greatly diminished.
Yeah the thing with leather is that its much less mind numbing and sideline profitable to collect, as you get to loot gold and items off the dragons and whatnot that you kill, and of course, requires no skill to gather.
Plus studded is pretty good at protecting your stamina, and is lighter than metal armor.

What they need to do is give bonuses to metal (and leather probably) like wood has. Modernize it a bit.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cannon ammo is another thing, the powder charges, the fuses, etc. these are good things to sell. I could usually make decent money selling them when i had the time to do it.
Ugh... I don't even want to think about that system. It's so painfully stupid. SO many superfluous steps. It really annoys me that ammo shortages can keep people out of their boats, because the ammo is such a pain in the ass to craft. Just sucks the fun right out of it.

Cannons should not cost a fortune to operate, and ammo should be plentiful.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have the High Sea's upgrade, looting merchant ships is a fast way to get tons of resources. The ammo is a PITA to make, though. I imagine ammo would sell pretty well! I would pay a premium just so I don't have to bother. :)

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ugh... I don't even want to think about that system. It's so painfully stupid. SO many superfluous steps. It really annoys me that ammo shortages can keep people out of their boats, because the ammo is such a pain in the ass to craft. Just sucks the fun right out of it.

Cannons should not cost a fortune to operate, and ammo should be plentiful.
I agree, but until the Devs decide to change it, we're stuck with it.