• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Whats for dinner in UO? and RL ofcourse...

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im having a slack Friday night and had pancakes with icecream. Dont worry ill diet tomoz. hehe :pancakes:

What about you?

M

Mijac_Chmon

Last night I cooked a beautiful, big, 3kg pork roast for my mates who came over to watch as we were smashed by the Sea Eagles.

Baked pumpkin, potatoes, carrots and onions. Pan gravy and fresh apple sauce...

Man, I haven't eaten such a delicious meal in ages. I'm such a great cook!

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok thats just not fair! *Glares* Roast pork is my fave meal of all, and the only time i get to eat it like that is on Christmas Day when my Mum cooks it with all those trimmings. Though she goes one step ferther and cooks it in the Webber for that awsome bbq taste! mmmmmmmm
Though i have to admit she never seems to get the crackling just right in the webber, crackling never seems to go perfect when you slow cook...

Still, my mouth is watering. Come round to my place and cook one for me tonight Mijack? mmmmmmmm

K

Katlene

Perfect crackling....

1. Get pork loin with belly flap on, leg is good but not shoulder

2. Score the pork with a stanley knife (utility knife) in cross hatch pattern
put the pork on a wire rack over a roasting dish, then pour boiling water over the pork to make the rind shrink (this is a key thing to making awesome crackling)
3. Then get a towel and dry the roast, take time with this a wet pork wont give you crackling!.

4. Season with alot of salt and get it into the cracks then coat in olive oil. tie it up with butchers twine

5. Put it on a rack so the roast is above the edges of the dish or a shallow baking dish (so its away from steam) 160 degrees, 35 mins for every kilo

6. Take pork out turn heat up to 220 degrees, when its at temperature, put the meat back in 15 minutes for every kilo

Voila, awesome crackling :D

K

Katlene

hay theres an oportos opening here soon. they any good? (whatever they are)

K

Katlene

ooh ok cool they are opeing up in the old KFC/Ollies. They are renovating atm. i have no idea on when they are going to open though. Advertised AGES ago for staff.
So is it a chicken place?

K

Katlene

no dramas! its absolutly terrible for you but its just so yum!! *laughs*
hope it goes well for you

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ooh ok cool they are opeing up in the old KFC/Ollies. They are renovating atm. i have no idea on when they are going to open though. Advertised AGES ago for staff.
So is it a chicken place?
Its grilled chicken mainly, so not the typical greasy unhealthy KFC chicken :) i suggest you try the Bondi meal if u like chilli, if not try the Norm meal

Fact.

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just finished reading in the thread above this one your comment:

"Didn't read your post, coulnt give a hoot... and yeah, put OT please so i know to ignore this crap"
From my thread:

Okay... okay... see heres where the double standards of this forum kick in, first of all I construct a post of actual relevance to the wide world and meaning and get a moderator telling me to state in the title of the thread that its OT, then I get someone who had literally just made a thread that is COMPLETELY off topic and has no relevance to anything AT ALL come in and tell me that my thread is crap without even reading it and asking me to slap a OT tag onto it?

Mate, Mijac... I know your upset about your lovely parramatta and NRL on the verge of folding, but seriously take a look in the mirror once in a while.
Not 5 days ago Jahira made this thread: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=90482 This thread is completely off topic and has no relevance to anything whatsoever and is probably the definition of pure horse crap, you make the first reply in the thread contributing to the horse crap and then have the audacity to tell me to put an OT title onto my thread? The perfect example of why this forum is full of simpletons.

Enjoy watching AFL in primetime in 5 years, even in your rugby littered state!

K

Katlene

All people eat dinner
not all people like woosball
go cry more

M

Mijac_Chmon

Fact. has a perfectly valid point in relation to this thread being OT. It was my mistake to miss it and even more of a mistake to post in it without making mention of its OT nature.

Please include OT in the title.

Thankyou.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today i picked some peaches off the tree in my castle for desert tonight. :)

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To Fact and GE, I apologize for presuming everyone eats food. I guess the two of you have some medical issue where your food is in those bags that gets pumped directly into your stomach. Dont take it personaly, everyone esle needs to eat.

I dont need football to live.

K

Katlene

so you need to watch testosterone overloaded fools in skin tight clothing groping each other to live?

wow

dont get me wrong, ive tried to watch football. my father in law loves nrl. ive tried but its just sooooooooooooooo boring :sleep2:

B.O.T-

I made lemon merangue pie from scratch a couple of days ago using home grown lemons it was yummeh!

Dinner tonight.... Thoughts? 4 mouths to feed.

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so you need to watch testosterone overloaded fools in skin tight
clothing groping each other to live?
No... not quite. That sounds more like a... well I wont go into what that sounds like...

Hey you thought of it, not me! :p

dont get me wrong, ive tried to watch football. my father in law loves nrl. ive tried but its just sooooooooooooooo boring :sleep2:
I tried hunting in Trammel too, but that made me ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz too... (in other words, 'each to their own', or 'whatever floats your boat').

B.O.T-

I made lemon merangue pie from scratch a couple of days ago using home grown lemons it was yummeh!

Dinner tonight.... Thoughts? 4 mouths to feed.
Footy Show, Channel 9, 9:30pm. ;)

G

General Electric

To Fact and GE, I apologize for presuming everyone eats food. I guess the two of you have some medical issue where your food is in those bags that gets pumped directly into your stomach. Dont take it personaly, everyone esle needs to eat.

I dont need football to live.
These days I hardly watch any football. Origin 3 however I did watch, and enjoy.

I only made my post here in your thread because of the hypocritical remark you made in Fact's thread. I noticed that the other thread has since been labeled OT like the mod requested, whereas you still have not. Why be so stubborn? The mod has requested OT labels be placed on OT threads. Instead of OT labeling this thread you added UO into the title because the earlier would be admitting you made a mistake.

Sometimes being right, is wrong... and sometimes admitting you were wrong is being right. By the way, as far as I know everyone eats food/or gets it through a tube, apart from those people who claim to live soley off oxygen, and then say they drink 5 cups of tea a day in the same sentence.

G

General Electric

Ah dear nothing changes:bored:
Haha.

Yeah OK, I'm the first to admit I've fenced with Jah on these forums before in the past, but it could have been just about anyone and I still would have said my mind about what I saw and called a spade a spade.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I noticed that the other thread has since been labeled OT like the mod requested, whereas you still have not. Why be so stubborn? The mod has requested OT labels be placed on OT threads. Instead of OT labeling this thread you added UO into the title because the earlier would be admitting you made a mistake.
First, please stop derailing my thred. Its against the ROC.

Second, I did change the title of my thred. I dont need to put OT on it becuase it is no longer OT :coco:

Please stop intentionaly derailing my thred. :loser:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ate a cake made by Doc Brown today, gosh ill have to diet tomoz. Also having spag bol irl. What are you eating GE? Seeing how your so interested in me and my threds. Starting to think youve got a thing for me... Sorry not interested, i have a bf.

K

Katlene

"takes the coin of the tracks*

I would really love it if you could do more with cooking in UO. Choc & ginger bread cookies are ok but meh,
being able to RP more with food in game, get someone over for dinner and make them a drink and a feed even so they could see/hear someting going on *shrugs*

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ooh and if you arnt a very good cook you could give someone food poisoning lolz. They could have a stat loss or unable to focus to cast spells for 5 mins hehe

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish we could get broccoli (sp) in game :danceb: go the broccoli dance!:danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb:

Edit: Doesnt it kinda look like a mouldy sausage?

A

Amathist of PoC

dinner tonight was what we call "catch a can"...meaning if you find it in the cupboard (usually a canned good) you can have it, but you make it yourself.

As for UO Cooking I have chef and she really only gets used at special events as I can decorate the cakes and cookies with messages...I would love for food in UO to have more use to provide more of a boost to our players so that people actually brought it.

I would also like to grow veggies myself in my garden and to be able to combine things like lettuce and carrot and make a tossed salad. or to add a chicken and carrot and pumpkin and call it a roast chicken....just for it to be more creative and useful.

I have often thought of opening a restaurant in uo with a menu and prices and maybe some entertainment and just make it a RP hang out. BUT I have never gotten around to it. You could even pay people to be your staff....but not everyone finds RP fun so don't know how well it would go over.

F

Fink

"takes the coin of the tracks*

I would really love it if you could do more with cooking in UO. Choc & ginger bread cookies are ok but meh,
being able to RP more with food in game, get someone over for dinner and make them a drink and a feed even so they could see/hear someting going on *shrugs*
Have you seen the 2D eating animation? They put it into the game a short while back, but it's an old render (not sure if it was never implemented or just got lost for many years).

Anyhow, yeah, getting back into Cooking vendors after a long break. I have all the grapes/apples/fruit-bowls, plus GM(deco-able)/begged/crate foods.

A

Amathist of PoC

Ya, the "omg I'm choking!" clutching-the-neck move.
too funny.....

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make cooking and food in UO just more then it is?

I was thinking of having a RP guild leaders dinner.

F

Fink

too funny.....

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make cooking and food in UO just more then it is?

I was thinking of having a RP guild leaders dinner.
One thing is to make sure the character you're using is actually hungry enough to eat food. If you fill up, you can just *nibble* *chew* *munch* emote your way through the remaining courses, but to be hungry enough to genuinely eat food, this might help..

In UO you have to take damage then allow your hp to regenerate - not actively heal - to get hungry (a bizarre system, but that's it). Around 41hp on average equals a "standard" bite, such as a fruit, veggie, fish steak, etc. A roast pig will fill you up in one hit (as it should :eek:), and some other foods (eg: large pumpkin) are more filling than others.

You should do this HP regen thing a number of times in preparation for a banquet/feast. If you really want to power through this process, you can slip on a HPR suit and pop a tinker trap/iron maiden/etc, or just cast damage on yourself, or come up with your own method. I use a bloodwood suit and dart trap, myself.

:danceb:

And if you're wondering how I know all this stuff, it's from another of my unfinished & unpublished skill studies. Hopefully I'll finish them all before they pull the plug on UO. :coco:

A

Amathist of PoC

Food regenerating hit points is what happens in Shaiya - you eat an abel (apple) or some other fruit that you can collect or by and different types of fruit or food regenerate your health different amounts...I think this would be a cool add on to UO maybe as a side to potions or bandies.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In UO you have to take damage then allow your hp to regenerate - not actively heal - to get hungry (a bizarre system, but that's it). Around 41hp on average equals a "standard" bite, such as a fruit, veggie, fish steak, etc. A roast pig will fill you up in one hit (as it should :eek:),

Hey thats nifty. i always wondered why somtimes i seemed to go ages without needing to eat, and sometimes i can eat a ton.

F

Fink

Food regenerating hit points is what happens in Shaiya - you eat an abel (apple) or some other fruit that you can collect or by and different types of fruit or food regenerate your health different amounts...I think this would be a cool add on to UO maybe as a side to potions or bandies.
Could be good.. sort of works the other way in UO at the moment, hp regenerating makes you hungry.. food could do with some intrinsic purpose, but I'm sure there'd be outcry across the board because suddenly everyone's somehow "forced" to eat, a bit like the debacle over hunger rates post-ML.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what i always wanted to know, if you dont eat in UO, does it realy affect spell casting or skills in general?

A

Amathist of PoC

I have always wondered that too cause I always forget to eat and my poor characters must bet the size of twigs cause I only feed them like maybe once every 3 months.