• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's Coming Up On Baja???

Ancient Sosarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail fellow Britannians of Baja,

Summer fast approaches as some men reckon the Seasons. What plans are unfolding for events here on Baja? Far sooner then we think we shall celebrate our 11th anniversary. Anything huge being planned by our Players and/or Guilds???

Please, I entreat thee, share here your plans, that we all may be better informed and aid in the planning, to eventually share in the good times ahead.

Ancient Sosarian

N

Nicholi

As far as server events, all I know about is the ongoing storyline with the shadowlords. I try to keep a proverbial ear to the ground but haven't heard anything.

As far as guilds go, my guild (Fangs of Fenrir) is currently working on opening a cozy little tavern right at the crossroads west of Brit (Brit/Skara/Yew xroad) It's been placed, working on decorating it. When complete, I'm planning on a little grand opening ceremony.

While it's certainly not the largest housing spot it harkens to the older days of UO. We look forward to utilizing it as a gathering spot for our guild (our guild hall is right across the road) and hope that others will see fit to come by for a spell and weave some tails.

I've got some roots in RP here on the Baja server and would love to see it revived. Hence the tavern.

The name you ask? Why, the Crossroads Tavern of course. If anyone is interested in donating Tavern-style decorations or furniture it would most definetely be greatly appreciated. My ICQ is 60316679.

Nicholi M'Drake
Guildmaster - Fangs of Fenrir

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's OK Ill Saint. Before you know it, you'll be the one enjoying summer while those of us in the northern hemisphere are freezing our arses off.

As to the question of events; I haven't heard anything from the guilds I associate with. Guilds are hesitant about putting all the time and planning into an event just to have it foiled because something major happens with the ongoing storyline.

I

Ivan - MT

MT's Big NET Toss Event is still on the books as happening....just not sure when yet. White nets are becoming harder & harder to aquire these days.

I'll post the time & date when we get close to it.:thumbup:

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
MT's Big NET Toss Event is still on the books as happening....just not sure when yet. White nets are becoming harder & harder to aquire these days.

I'll post the time & date when we get close to it.:thumbup:
Hurry's up!!!! I wants to FEISH!!!!:lick:

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh Wow,

I haven't done a treasure map or gone fishing for treeeeeeaaaasures in forever and a day. I saw this topic and I couldn't help but ask, are there any Treasure Hunters still around? I remember, back in the day, running around with extremely professional and adept T-Hunters who would charge really fair prices for their services. It was very fun, probably still is, and I still have some fond memories of some of those t-hunts.

My big event usually involves going to the Magical Sake Spring via Candy Mountain and filling up my sake bottles, no joke. If this existed in real life (a neverending sake fountain), I swear to all that's Nude that I would never leave my humble abode.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL actually I haven't been out fishing on poor Mama in a while, well since the last time I dropped off those nets. Hmm, better get her back out there!!

Now to decide...To do the SoS or to turn in the SoS.....that is indeed the question for today!!

Ori

Ancient Sosarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Being Ancient sometimes does have its perks.

I have amassed over 100 ingeniously drawn T-Maps and around 36 white nets. Perhaps these could be used as foundations for some player imagined events.

Comments are welcomed.

I

Ivan - MT

Level 6 maps are always fun to do with small groups..hehe, but White Nets can be deadly, even for larger groups. Our last Net Toss we did which was guild only got out of control a little bit due to a couple of people who seemed to keep tossing too many nets at the same time..won't mention any names..hint..hint..hehe

I've done some interesting things with White Nets....lol....remembers that gray screen.

Once we obtain a few more a date & time will be announced for the death fest *cough* I mean fun fest.:lol:

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Level 6 maps are always fun to do with small groups..hehe, but White Nets can be deadly, even for larger groups. Our last Net Toss we did which was guild only got out of control a little bit due to a couple of people who seemed to keep tossing too many nets at the same time..won't mention any names..hint..hint..hehe

I've done some interesting things with White Nets....lol....remembers that gray screen.

Once we obtain a few more a date & time will be announced for the death fest *cough* I mean fun fest.:lol:
Me?!?!?!? Would I do that?? Well not on purpose anyway. ;)

Here's a pic I scrounged to show off!! :hahaha:

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ooooh!

That looks so ridiculously fun! With all the krakens and baddies around, it's totally possible to make a seafood platter of sorts! Mmm... seeeeaaafooood... Okay, time to listen to the ocean and bring the seafood groove!

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Egad Xel! That picture made my throat convulse. What's with that one on the top of the plate? It looks like it's oozing. That's just wrong in so many ways. *LOL*

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Egad Xel! That picture made my throat convulse. What's with that one on the top of the plate? It looks like it's oozing. That's just wrong in so many ways. *LOL*
That was lunch!!! Now, here's my shameless metaphor... NOM, NOM, NOM, NOM!!!

Break out the tabasco and wasabi! Seafoods are good foods for everyone I know!

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awwww......that bunny is so cute. :thumbsup:
I'm deathly allergic to seafood so I'll have the chicken, please. :thumbup1:

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awwww......that bunny is so cute. :thumbsup:
I'm deathly allergic to seafood so I'll have the chicken, please. :thumbup1:

:eek:Poor Hand!!!:eek: Mama put down that knife.....Run Hand RUN!!!!!!!

PS this is an inside joke with our guild, so no I'm not crazy, well.......ok I'm crazy but.....well Mama will understand. :thumbup1:

F

FenrirsFangs

BAJA EVENT!

The Fangs of Fenrir Wish to anounce a jolly good event that will be taking place June 28th. 4PM EST.

Where to meet - Umbra blood letters, city of Umbra by the silver moongate near the well of tears. Thats a little east of the umbra moongate by the compass.

The Event - TOTAL DOMINATION OF BEDLAM and if enough people show up massive ownage of the BEDLAM CHAMP SPAWN.

bring your best character and make sure that character has followed the entrance to bedlam quest given by the mistress of admissions standing right out front of the bloodletters.

It pains me to inform you that no player is permitted into Bedlam by the system until they do the entrance quest.
The quest is as follows

talk to mistress of admissions in umbra
talk to gorrow in luna
aquire by whatever means necessary
5 pixie legs
1 unicorn ribs (this is an actual item dropped by unicorns not the ribs you carve for meat)
2 Ki Rin brains

I do this at grimswinds ruins with my dread character as you can get all three items in one location and my dread likes trying to break the negative karma barrier.

you have to kill on average 10-30 pixies as many as 6 unicorns and as many as 10 kirin but it has RARELY taken me that long.

actually the walk around the mountains north east of luna to get to grimswind takes longer than the actual fighting.

If you know where to find Ki Rin easier the unicorns and pixies are available at spirituality moongate just to the north.

after aquiring these keys go back to gorrow
then go talk to the mistress of admissions and she will *ahem* gleefully permit you to join the fun as we TRASH the bejeebus out of red death lady jennifyr lady Marai Sir Patricke master malachai and all the other loverly n asties that have volunteered to fall on our swords.

Perks to this event -
Bank is right to the north
access is permanent once granted
healers are standing at the IRON MAIDEN which is the entrance to bedlam
and I don't believe it for 2 seconds but supposadly this quest involves a tuition reimbursment, I wouldnt count on it though, master gnosis seems to know all of his students. :)

Duke Hast Mich

I

Ivan - MT

We'll be softening up "Ilhenir the Stained" this Sunday evening for you Fenrirs Fang...he's such a nasty bugger anyways. Just be prepared for lots of this...:stretcher:

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

PS this is an inside joke with our guild, so no I'm not crazy, well.......ok I'm crazy but.....well Mama will understand. :thumbup1:
Hey, hey. I'm all for inside jokes! Not only does it sound pretty hilarious saying the "...I'll have the chicken..." quote out loud, but I could've sworn I heard that line used in shows, movies, et. al.

Then again, it could be the sake talking on my part. Oh sake, how I love thee.

May everyone kick some arse on the upcoming events, and even if you're not having or participating in an event, just be safe, have fun, and kick some arse, not necessarily in that order. :party:

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Don't let her fool ya. She's crazy but that's what I love about her. :mf_prop: *pats Ori's head and runs off to find Learned Hand* :gun:

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what else Baja?? Sara and I have the bi-weekly (well for the most part) auctions. Those can be fun.

We need to get more organized again!!:please:

Ori

Y

Yalp

Although we have not decided on a date yet, there will be a Tamer-Palooza 3 sometime this summer.. possibly JULY! Look for some interesting changes to the format.. think TEAMS.

With the new decay rates at the zoo... the hard work may indeed show with the zoo having more residents!

Lord Yalp of Zento, CTDM

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Although we have not decided on a date yet, there will be a Tamer-Palooza 3 sometime this summer.. possibly JULY! Look for some interesting changes to the format.. think TEAMS.

With the new decay rates at the zoo... the hard work may indeed show with the zoo having more residents!

Lord Yalp of Zento, CTDM
UTB WILL ROCK YOU!!!!

Ok I'm calm now. Please!! Please!! Let it be near the beginning of July. We're going on a family vacation the end. Well, hopefully, the way gas keeps going....:sad3:

Ori

I

Ivan - MT

If anyone out there has any Green, or possibly even White nets they're willing to donate to the upcoming Public Shard Wide Net Toss Event, then please let a MT member know by requesting an Elder to show for an in game donation or just reply here and I'll gladly meet you. We're looking to have the largest Net Toss Baja has ever seen.:thumbup1:

Btw...thank you Wildstar for your net donation last night!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ivan, I think I might have a couple of white fishing nets (2 to 4 of them??) and maybe some other ones as well. Since I've never really worked on fishing, I'm still not sure if a "green" net is actually green or more like yellow.... I inherited the nets with a house I once had and packrat that I am, couldn't throw them out when I dropped the house.

Anyway, once I've found the nets, I'll PM you to arrange a time to meet up to give them to you. Give me a couple of days to check some more chests. I'm still trying to get motivated to scrounge through all my junk to turn in stuff for points and hopefully I'll come across the nets while I'm doing that.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BAJA EVENT!

The Fangs of Fenrir Wish to anounce a jolly good event that will be taking place June 28th. 4PM EST.

Where to meet - Umbra blood letters, city of Umbra by the silver moongate near the well of tears. Thats a little east of the umbra moongate by the compass.

The Event - TOTAL DOMINATION OF BEDLAM and if enough people show up massive ownage of the BEDLAM CHAMP SPAWN.
Is this event still scheduled for this Saturday afternoon?

F

FenrirsFangs

Grrrr, it was supposed to happen June 28th of last month at 4pm est UNFORTUNATELY I have been away due to a family emergency and wasn't able to update or organize the event. I doubt anyone showed up but if anyone did I'm sorry if it was lame. I just got back on yesterday for a few minutes and today is the first day I have actually been in front of my computer for more than a minute or two.

Again, my apologies. I will make sure the event gets organized and advertised we are going to try again. I'll be back with a schedule some time this month for F^F sponsored events. I'm trying to cook up a good set of events.:stir:

I

Ivan - MT

MT's big Public Net Toss event is pre-set for Saturday evening August 16 at 6pm PDT (shard time).

This will be open to anyone who wants a chance a rare martie drop from the Leviathon. One of our members scored the Anchor at our last Net Toss event.

We will be dropping a TON of nets this time..and death shall come to many. I'll be posting an official announcement on this event sometime this weekend.

Also, if there's anyone out there willing to donate any extra green or better yet, White nets, I'll gladly take them for this event. We're looking at making this Net Toss event one of the biggest ever attempted.

[MT] hopes to see you soon for some fun times on the sea!

Ivan [GM]

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*pokes head in*

I'll try to be there Ivan, this time I'll let you guys throw lol.

As soon as things settle down a bit Sara and I hope to get the BCA back into swing.

*looks at calander* is summer really over?? WOW!!

My girls back to school in little over a week, I finally get some UO quiet time!! YAY ME!!!

*runs to stop whatever madness has started since I last looked*

Ori

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And, don't forget Kingdom of Dawn's player-written book contest. The deadline is rapidly approaching!

M

miss_samara

Hey, hey. I'm all for inside jokes! Not only does it sound pretty hilarious saying the "...I'll have the chicken..." quote out loud, but I could've sworn I heard that line used in shows, movies, et. al.

Then again, it could be the sake talking on my part. Oh sake, how I love thee.

May everyone kick some arse on the upcoming events, and even if you're not having or participating in an event, just be safe, have fun, and kick some arse, not necessarily in that order. :party:
Heeeey I know you! Chicken! *stuffs in pocket*