• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tactics] Whats better - 120 Tactics or 90 Anatomy?

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[EDIT] Whats better - 120 Tactics + 70 Anatomy, or 90 Anatomy + 100 Tactics? Tuning up my sampire - need some advice. Thanks in advance!

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you using +skill jewelry? If not then
  • For Tactics Skill Levels < 100.0
    • Tactics Damage Bonus = Skill Level/1.6
  • For Tactics Skill Levels >= 100.0
    • Tactics Damage Bonus = Skill Level/1.6 + 6.25
    • 120 tactics would = 81.25
  • For Anatomy Skill Levels < 100.0
    • Anatomy Skill Bonus = Skill Level / 2
    • so, 70 would =35, 90 would = 45.

• For Anatomy Skill Levels >= 100.0
    • Anatomy Skill Bonus = (Skill Level / 2) + 5

• So 100 tactics and 90 anatomy would be 68.75+45 = 120
  • So 120 tactics and 70 anatomy would be 81.25+35 = 116.25
So there is your answer. Plus, if you incorporate healing like some templates do, you can rez people then. 70 Anatomy and you won't be rezzing anyone in group play.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It's for damage bonus.

Personally, I run a more defensive sampire template - i.e., I have Resist Spells at 100 (120 with Jewels) and Parry at 100, no Anatomy - so I would say why have Anatomy at all. If you're playing the template right, you should be leach back enough life while doing damage against monsters that you don't need to heal with bandages. If you get stuck and need hit points fast, you should be able to use Confidence from Bushido or Close Wounds from Chivalry. So I would say, Tactics at 120, Anat at zero.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was using Anatomy for strictly damage bonus, not for healing. I'm assuming the more damage you do, the more life leech you get when using Vamp. Embrace. Yes or no??

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The more damage you do the more health you leech back.

I believe it's a straight 20% per target. So if you do 100 hp of damage you get 20 hp healed. If I'm wrong someone will correct me.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone got info on the Anatomy + Tactics Damage thing with Vamp. Embrace ??
I agree with others that if you aren't using anatomy to heal with bandages, it's just wasting skill points in my opinion. Bushido, Chivalry, and then getting back HP via leeching ought to do it. If not, need to look at your tactics and/or template. The Vampiric Embrace thing has been answered in the past. It's a straight 20% and with your LL can mean that you are constantly leeching to get health back.

This is a reminder, just keep your stamina up. You can't leech as effectively if you are swinging slow and/or...dead.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
100 Anatomy is 55% base weapons damage increase. If you can fit Anatomy in it is worth. Most of the time I would take Anatomy over resist in PvM.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
100 Anatomy is 55% base weapons damage increase. If you can fit Anatomy in it is worth. Most of the time I would take Anatomy over resist in PvM.
This is an interesting thought process and is why some of us some years ago, would swap out anatomy to resist or what have you depending on what you're fighting. The trick is to have them at pretty standard numbers to where they'll be effective, such as the 100 you mention.