• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Whatever happened to Brit bank??

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was the spot to be back in the day that I played Atlantic...just visited it and was deserted

T

Tazar

Repeated invasions of Brit over the last 4 years or so drove everyone to Luna. Many attempts have been made to shift the players back to Brit, but unless Luna is destroyed, they seem hopeless.

S

Sturdy

Just activate the dang moongate (if you have one there) we have one right next to the bank on Siege but its for show only.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
there was around 10 of us there earlier tonight, its getting there.

Luna bank is a cluster * at prime time, so thats usually when i see the most people at brit bank, simply because moving things from bank to your pack is at times impossible.

Theres 5-7 people that i see there regularly. Best thing you can do is just keep going there, and have people meet you there when meeting up to go elsewhere.

A

Aleena of Scots

An event in Luna would take care of that. Maybe some angry lepruchauns for St. Patty's Day to "steal all the gold" in Luna might be appropriate, don't you think?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Seemed stupid to me they redesigned the bank and everyone moves to Luna. Brit is much nicer and allows people to actually be spread out some and not stood on by three people at any given time. Luna sucks, always has.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the banks were redesigned recently. The exodus happened a few years ago if i remember correctly (I was on break during the invasions, came back to ghost town as well)

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually it happened last yearish. They had the faction invasions of towns that was suppose to last a month or so and they went ahead and forgot to turn it off and it ended up lasting like 5 months or something. People tried to hang on to Brit, but gave up after the continual grind of the faction invasions and moved to Luna. They didn't even turn it off till we were at an EM event and we begged them to tell the devs to stop the damn spawn cause it was killing Brit bank and ours was the last active Brit bank at that time... They did turn it off right after that, but it was too late. Thomas tried to bring it back by offering huge cash rewards for the people on at the bank the most times over a month period and it increased during that time, but as soon as the contest was over... ghost town again :(

Hunter Moon [HOT]

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I don't afk bank sit, so the invasions never affected me much. What keeps me in Luna is the close proximity of the bank to the smithy, tailor, tinker, jewelry, mage, healer, etc.

Miss Smoocher

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if real brit lovers would just stop going to luna they would see others are there to. i hate luna i want nothing to do with lag luna ville.

M

Mairut

Haven.

It's nub town, but people will (and do) have conversations with each other there. I think I actually saw someone asking for armor repairs the other day (which day? iono).

One person comes through with ostards and other mounts to give away (it seems) on a daily basis.

Etc.
You should come by sometime :)

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Old Haven was a ton of fun back in the day

Before AOS it seemed that none of the crew I was hanging with had a house so Haven became that meetup place...I probally would be lying if I didn't admit those days where the best in this game for me

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some time ago… after the West Brit Bank traffic was killed during the city invasions… I was on the test shard checking out things before a publish and parts of Luna were on fire. A mass fire. It was impossible to get around… and I was hoping part of the content would see Luna suffer the mass burning. That would take care of the problem… and needless to say with so many great ideas… it didn’t come to pass. :)

But realistically… what always happened to massive cites of old, crammed with houses and population… in r/l history? They burned!!! And there was no modern fire department. They had to wait till the last of the smoke cleared to rebuild. I’m not saying that houses should be damaged or burned down or vendors killed. What's wrong with adding some kind of content to help people get back to West Brit Bank?

Easily… they could add pickpocket NPCs and Tax Collectors to wonder around harassing chronic bank sitters. Like, if someone is hanging around and doing nothing for an hour, an NPC Tax Collector could hold them ransom in a jail or something. Or if there is no sign of life for so long… take them to a mass grave. You would never see a dead body just laying around the big city! Most of the problem with the Luna bank are these unattended sitters that add to the lag.

More so, what really needs to happen… West Brit Bank should never be allowed to be invaded again! We have a stable AND moongate right at our WBB. A lot of other shards are not as lucky.

B

BlackMagus

Add a flea market with the other common NPC vendors right next to the bank, and WBB can easily compete with Luna in terms of convenience.

Heck, throw in permanent gates to two or three nice user stocked malls like Garden or Malas University, and I'd never pay Luna a visit again!

:thumbup1:

L

Lauranthalis

this is actually a bit disheartening. Im just returning after a very long absense, and of course my first stop was Brit bank. Saw 1 person there with me. Hafta say i was kinda disappointed =[

eve

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. There is no moongate directly into Brit, the nearest gate requires one run or walk into the city center. Luna is just a second away from any moongate or crystal teleporter.

2. There is no space available for a central shopping area in Brit. Luna has provided that, and people are making a great deal of gold (which can easily be converted to cash) because of the ease of placing vendors in a central area, effectively creating a massive shopping center.

3. For some reason, EA chose to "forget" about the ongoing invasion of Brit until people were forced to use Luna. And for some reason, after one or two half-hearted attempts to have mini invasions in Luna, even those were stopped.

As was mentioned earlier in another post, there were hints from time to time of burning luna, perhaps just the walls.

If nothing else, limit the number of characters within the central bank area in luna..... give outside access to the shops maybe?

*hint*
*hint*

M

Mairut

this is actually a bit disheartening. Im just returning after a very long absense, and of course my first stop was Brit bank. Saw 1 person there with me. Hafta say i was kinda disappointed =[
I was disappointed with the state of affairs at WBB for about 3mths after I started again. It takes some getting used to.

...As was mentioned earlier in another post, there were hints from time to time of burning luna, perhaps just the walls. .....
I think Draconi briefly entertained the possibility of dropping Balrons on Luna. I kind of wish he'd done it.