• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] What yields Relic Fragments when you unravel?

• Thread starter Luke Carjacker
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
L

Luke Carjacker

I'm trying to figure out what types of imbued items (not arties) can be unraveled into relic fragments. My recollection was that things with 460% total intensity should yield relic fragments, however the information has been changing rapidly and so much of it is out of date. I just unraveled a bracelet with a total 464/500 weighted intensity and did not get a relic fragment.

Anybody have the current info? Thanks.

M

Myna

was it a braclet you have found or imbued

it seems that after the change imbued items dont give essence back anymore, at least i canot get essence from imbued items, so i doubt it works for relics

L

Luke Carjacker

Originally it was a loot item with useless attributes and about 400/500 intensity. I imbued it up to 464/500 and then unraveled it.

So, I guess that's the current state then - imbued items can yield no better than residue?

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like imbued mods not count for unraveling.

I made leather gloves with spined kit, 8si, 8mi, 2mr (3x100%). I imbued 2 resists +13, so total around 463%. Its unraveled to essence.

K

kaldera4

Looks like imbued mods not count for unraveling.

I made leather gloves with spined kit, 8si, 8mi, 2mr (3x100%). I imbued 2 resists +13, so total around 463%. Its unraveled to essence.
i dont have any ressources anymore. but can this be stated by others that imbued property not count towards the value for unraveling? whats with smithy items?

R

Radix

yes, somebody, please, how the hell they get relics!! and how much skill they have, i have 90 and can't get one, even with marties.
What are thinking about all those smart devs? they want us to destroy an AOF to get a miserable relic and then wast 10 imbuing some dci and ssi for a non durable weapon??

L

Luke Carjacker

Alright, this is getting kind of ridiculous. I just unraveled a Kryss that was picked up as loot. The thing had 502/500 total property weight. Snow ele slayer, mage weapon, 50% fireball, SSI 20 and something else. Not imbued. I thought it was yield a fragment for sure, and I got 2 enchanted essence.

Some guidance on this would be greatly appreciated.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alright, this is getting kind of ridiculous. I just unraveled a Kryss that was picked up as loot. The thing had 502/500 total property weight. Snow ele slayer, mage weapon, 50% fireball, SSI 20 and something else. Not imbued. I thought it was yield a fragment for sure, and I got 2 enchanted essence.

Some guidance on this would be greatly appreciated.
The property weights do not apply, when you are unravelling looted and crafted items.

Using your item as an example:
Slayer = 100 points (100% intensity of property)
50% Fireball = 100 points (100% intensity of property)
20% SSI = 67 points (67% intensity of property)
Mage Weapon (intensity not indicated, likely less than 100%)
Something Else (intensity not indicated, likely less than 100%)
Total = 267 + the two missing numbers (from Mage Weapon and Something Else)

Both the Mage Weapon and the Something Else property would each have to be almost 100% intensity to give you a relic fragment, since it takes >450% of total item properties to yield a relic fragment. I assume that niether of Mage Weapon or the Something Else were close to 100% intensity. Does this help clear things up for you?

Stayin Alive,

BG

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, somebody, please, how the hell they get relics!! and how much skill they have, i have 90 and can't get one, even with marties.
What are thinking about all those smart devs? they want us to destroy an AOF to get a miserable relic and then wast 10 imbuing some dci and ssi for a non durable weapon??
My guildmate was able to unravel items for relic fragments at 95.1 Imbuing.

There are several minor artifacts that yield relics, so no need to sacrifice your AOF. Look here for a list of what you will receive from the minor artifact:
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=153321

Stayin Alive,

BG

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
um not sure if this has been said but looted items only have max 450% so they can not be upgraded to give relics (atleast not that I have seen) but jewels can be they have a max of 500 there for if you have a ring thats close you can upgrade the mods on it and get a relic! I have done this a few times !

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
um not sure if this has been said but looted items only have max 450% so they can not be upgraded to give relics (atleast not that I have seen) but jewels can be they have a max of 500 there for if you have a ring thats close you can upgrade the mods on it and get a relic! I have done this a few times !
Looted items can have 5 properties of 100% intensity, so they can give relics on thier own. No weighting is applied to the properties for determining what quality of ingredient it will be.

Stayin Alive,

BG

L

Luke Carjacker

The property weights do not apply, when you are unravelling looted and crafted items.

Using your item as an example:
Slayer = 100 points (100% intensity of property)
50% Fireball = 100 points (100% intensity of property)
20% SSI = 67 points (67% intensity of property)
Mage Weapon (intensity not indicated, likely less than 100%)
Something Else (intensity not indicated, likely less than 100%)
Total = 267 + the two missing numbers (from Mage Weapon and Something Else)

Both the Mage Weapon and the Something Else property would each have to be almost 100% intensity to give you a relic fragment, since it takes >450% of total item properties to yield a relic fragment. I assume that niether of Mage Weapon or the Something Else were close to 100% intensity. Does this help clear things up for you?

Stayin Alive,

BG
Ok Barry, I appreciate detailed response, but I don't think the information is correct. I just unraveled this bracelet:

Luck 100 - unweighted 100%
LRC 90 - unweighted 90%
Physical resist 14% - unweighted 93%
Fire resist 13% - unweighted 86%
Energy resist 13% - unweighted 86%

Total - unweighted 455%

I unraveled and got 2 enchanted essence (i'm at 119.2 imbuing, using the public soul forge).

So, for me at least, the following questions remain unanswered, or the data is incorrect.

1. Is an unweighted 450%+ supposed to yield a relic fragment (or I seem to recall 460%, but don't remember where I saw that).

2. Do imbued attributes count towards the threshold for relic fragments?

3. Does imbuing skill and/or soulforge affect what you get?

4. Does Item ID affect at all what you get?

Thanks.

L

Luke Carjacker

There are several minor artifacts that yield relics, so no need to sacrifice your AOF. Look here for a list of what you will receive from the minor artifact:

Stayin Alive,

BG
Some of the entries on that list are not accurate. I just gave it a quick glance and I know that Bow of Juka King and titan leg bone do not yield relic fragments. I do know that changes have been being made behind the scenes so the table might have been correct at some stage, but when I did them they didn't give me relics.

Again, I'm wondering if imbuing skill affects what you get, or if there are other factors (being a gargoyle maybe)?

R

Radix

Stayin Alive,
BG
Thank you, it was becoming absolutly necesary to have a list, anyway i think the same than Luke, it have change, or nerfed, recently, cursed patches. My current Gargoyle Artificier have only 90.5, but it was supposed enough to unravel artis, i tried yesterday some marties, and titan leg bone and cavorting club (and some more i do not recall) unravels to essence, some other like talon bite didn't unravel, Item id says my skill IN IMBUYING is not high enough to even know its materials, so this one will unravel to relic. A guildmate confirmed (he was at 108 skill) that talon bite gives relic.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is LRC 90? Did you accidently put the zero in there, so it is supposed to be 9%?

Some of the entries on that list are not accurate.
I would not be suprised if some of them were changed prior to SA going live. Log onto test center, claim the artifacts, set your skills, Item ID the artifact, unravel, and post the updates to the list.

Stayin Alive,

BG

K

kaldera4

Some of the entries on that list are not accurate. I just gave it a quick glance and I know that Bow of Juka King and titan leg bone do not yield relic fragments. I do know that changes have been being made behind the scenes so the table might have been correct at some stage, but when I did them they didn't give me relics.

Again, I'm wondering if imbuing skill affects what you get, or if there are other factors (being a gargoyle maybe)?
thats wrong. titan leg gives relic. perhaps it depends on imbuing level?

L

Luke Carjacker

What is LRC 90? Did you accidently put the zero in there, so it is supposed to be 9%?

I would not be suprised if some of them were changed prior to SA going live. Log onto test center, claim the artifacts, set your skills, Item ID the artifact, unravel, and post the updates to the list.

Stayin Alive,

BG
That was a typo, it should have been LRC 18, unweighted 90%. The total unweighted of 455% was correct. So, somehow this discussion got off on which arties will will unravel for fragments, but I'm still trying to figure out the answer to the original question: "What does a non-arty item have to be like to unravel into a relic".

Thanks.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive gotten a relic off leather legs that had resists all in the 20s.

5 modded resists, made from barbed leather with a barbed runic kit.

R

Radix

ive gotten a relic off leather legs that had resists all in the 20s.

5 modded resists, made from barbed leather with a barbed runic kit.
What a waste, it was a nice legs and sure its price is a couple of millions, why do you did it? ^^

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was a typo, it should have been LRC 18, unweighted 90%. The total unweighted of 455% was correct. So, somehow this discussion got off on which arties will will unravel for fragments, but I'm still trying to figure out the answer to the original question: "What does a non-arty item have to be like to unravel into a relic".

Thanks.
Hi there,
it seems fishy to me.

I wonder if they have decided to make things harder by lessen the number of relic potentials.
Its not easy to find items with for instance 460 total intensity.Its almost nessescary to find item with a few certain 100% intensity properties,like slayer,fc,sc,ubws...

Regards
The Scandinavian

F

Fortunata

using the list of the forums i have unravels some ite,s with no relic fragments given. human 109.8 imbuing, at ter mur forge. Is my skill to low or do I need to get to the queens forge? Does itme id help? please help, have burned up marties trying to get frags

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
using the list of the forums i have unravels some ite,s with no relic fragments given. human 109.8 imbuing, at ter mur forge. Is my skill to low or do I need to get to the queens forge? Does itme id help? please help, have burned up marties trying to get frags
You need 95 skill so your skill isn't the problem. I doubt item ID would help, but I dropped it from my character as it was buggy and didn't work when SA first came out. Did you use the list of arties from the crafters database as I don't know those to be wrong yet? In my experience it is a lot more work to make them than to buy them or to find a cheap arty to unravel. They are crafteable, but it takes a lot of knowledge to make them without being crafteable ML artifacts. I recommend buying them. I doubt the stockpile from the hammer method has been depleted yet by the people that 120'ed Imbuing in the first month SA was released. I won't craft them anymore due to the amount of work until the price goes significantly higher since it takes me a week of gathering resources and manufacturing them. There are more fun things to do than craft relics.

-Lorax

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I hate Thread Necromancy (almost as much as I hate Illinois Nazis).....

Most means of crafting items to get relic fragments, that involve imbuing the items at some point, have been nerfed to where they no longer function, or only rarely produce relic fragments.

The remaining methods of reliably crafting items for relic fragments involve runics, recipes and special materials (but no imbuing), and as a result, are also a bit hit or miss, in getting the runic properties high enough to reach the numbers for relic fragments. When I say "reliably", it's as in - "you will certainly get some from the method, just not necessarily on every item you craft."

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probably used the search tool and read every related thread. Didn't find the answer so in the last thread reviewed asked a question instead of bouncing back up to thread number one sticky. Purely a time saver most likely and maybe with a family in the background saying to get off the computer or early to rise for work...

-Lorax

p.s.

There are methods Basara on every one and no runic or specials, but its lots of work and takes a week to gather materials. If you buy anything in the process it isn't worth it. The profit is lower than killing a couple beasts in 10 minutes.

W

Whinemaker

Read this from a Japanese site: if the item for unravelling is imbued, you need to knock 30% off its intensity when doing the calculation.

Cheers.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was a thread about most/all necessary informations somewhere around here.

- if you imbue an item, the total intensity (unweighted) is lowered by 30% (multiply with 0.7)
- unravelling as a gargoyle at queens soulfroge gives an intensity bonus (not shure on the excact value)
- items made of higher special material are getting a bonus to its unravelling intensity. (It was something like 20%/multiply with 1.2 for valorite.)
- If an item has more than 5 mods, the average itensity for each is calculated and multiplied with 5 to get the unravelling intensity. (That prevents several artifacts/minors from giving relics.)

Easiest way to still get relic fragments is the knights war cleaver recipe crafted out of valourite ingots with a bronze runic. With 1.2 material bonus and the property from the recipe (hpr 3 --> 150% intensity) those are a good source for relic fragments.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Easiest way to still get relic fragments is the knights war cleaver recipe crafted out of valourite ingots with a bronze runic. With 1.2 material bonus and the property from the recipe (hpr 3 --> 150% intensity) those are a good source for relic fragments.
Cheaper way is to use dull copper ingots, youll get maybe 5 less relics but its cheeper and easier to mine than val.

Thunderz

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thunderz, that may well be true for you, but anyone still mining to fill BODs is likely to have more Valorite on hand, than DC, after filling the BODs.

This is especially true if you're mining to fill BODs that give POF.

My mining over the last couple years has me a stockpile of about 2k Valorite.

On the other hand, even using tools to bump iron spots to DC, not only do I almost immediately use every DC ingot I mine, I bout 30k DC and used it all up in a week.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thunderz, that may well be true for you, but anyone still mining to fill BODs is likely to have more Valorite on hand, than DC, after filling the BODs.

This is especially true if you're mining to fill BODs that give POF.

My mining over the last couple years has me a stockpile of about 2k Valorite.

On the other hand, even using tools to bump iron spots to DC, not only do I almost immediately use every DC ingot I mine, I bout 30k DC and used it all up in a week.
2K val from a couple of years mining...? That will make you about 100 relic frags [worth about 1 mill], for 2 years worth of work!

Much easier to burn 2k of DC that takes 2 hours to mine ;)

Thunderz

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No, that's 2k surplus over and above my needs. I actually STOPPED TRYING for valorite, as my usage of Agapite and Verite for BODs was so much greater than Valorite.

As opposed to 2k DC that on my shard could yield 20 POF BODs filled that could earn me 10+ million (yes, POF routinely sells at auction for 500k+ plus on Lake Austin, from scarcity).

Your shard's economy is not my shard's economy.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I haven't been playing much lately due to real life business and now I see you can get recipe gems from numerous sources. Do you all still mine them up? I went mining my first time in a while and got no gems then next time I got 2 crystaline blackrock and no gems and the next time I got a turquoise and dark saphire. I thought maybe one of the other ways might be more productive?

S

Scoobs

Can you tell me which heartwood quests? I have only done the archery ones and never seen this recipe.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need to do the blacksmith quests. There are two metalweavers (or is it ironweavers) near the forges in Heartwood. They give quests to turn in broadswords, norse helms, heater shields, or a dragon scale piece.