• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What version of UO to keep?

statman

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have multiple copies UO installed, but want to free up some space.

What can I delete?

My folders look like...
Program Files
-- EA GAMES
-- -- UO kingdom reborn
-- -- UO samurai empire
-- Electronic Arts
-- -- UO stygian abyss
-- -- UO stygian abyss classic

Do I only need to keep SA folders?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
For starters, you can definitely remove KR, as it is dead and gone. :)

You're probably safe removing samurai empire, as well.

SA is the new enhanced client. SA Classic is the classic, 2-d client. You might want to keep both, unless you only use one or the other.

statman

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For starters, you can definitely remove KR, as it is dead and gone. :)

You're probably safe removing samurai empire, as well.

SA is the new enhanced client. SA Classic is the classic, 2-d client. You might want to keep both, unless you only use one or the other.

KR is deleted now. I noticed something odd about the SE folder though...the date stamp is recent for many of the files. When I looked in the SA classic folder, there were only 2 or 3 files.

It appears the SA classic client is patching the SE folder files?!?

I guess it doesnt matter. Just need to have enhanced and classic installs and that should be optimal for disk space savings.

Thanks.

B

Beer_Cayse

SA Classic was only for beta I believe. Your SE install should be all up to date for the 2D client. I have folder for EA Games with the 9th Anny client (2D), then Electronic Arts with the EC and Warhammer.