• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What type of template for Imbuing?

S

SirButch

What skills should be on the character. Should it be on my Mule, or should i have them with mage of some sort? Do i need any certain skills to go along with it? Thanks for all the help

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Imbuing is a standalone skill so you can add it to anyone. However some mysticisme spells have benefits if they also have imbuing skill on same character. For now i have this templaye in mind:

120 Mysticisme.
120 Eval Int.
120 Meditation
120 Resist
120 Focus
120 Imbuing.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
You'd choose resist and - *gulp* - focus over magery?? :-(

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You'd choose resist and - *gulp* - focus over magery?? :-(
Yes, because i'm making Mystic and not a Mage. :)

I have plenty of mages and i also know that when you have both focus and medi on same character combined with mana regeration armor that you very rarely run out of mana.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Butch, if you'd like to use your imbuing for fighting, I'd suggest a mage/mystic toon. Imbuing and eval int both enhance your mysticism spells, so be sure to include these skills.

If you'd like to use your imbuing toon for crafting, you can add to your current mule pretty easily.

Regarding Frarc's template, you can judge for yourself. I can't say I'd recommend it, but maybe you'd like it.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
mine will be Gargoyle
120 imbuing
120 eval int
120 mysticism
100 magery
100 meditation
120 spell weaving
100 inscription

the extra 60 will be from jewels
eventualy i will raise med and magery more as i make better jewels and such but this is my starting plan and I already have all skills except myst and imbu
I may replace inscription with resist spells

G

Godiva_DF

I will have 100 armslore as well for the additional DI and resists.
And 40 Item ID to determine the outcome of the unravelling process.

plus some mage/evint/medi - not sure yet

S

SirButch

I was thinking of adding it to one of my current mules.
120 Smith
120 Tailor
120 Magery
100 Tink
100 Arms lore
100 Mystic
100 Imbue

I wan to tkeep the mule skills so i dont have to go back and forth between making a wep, then imbuing it. I have mining, carp and fletch on stones that i can switch between if need be.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going to be working up a new mule (Gargoyle) on my secondary account. Here's my goal.

120 Imbuing
120 Blacksmith
100 Mining
100 Lumberjacking
100 Arms Lore
120 Tailoring

That will leave me with another 60 points. Most likely I'll dump that into tinkering for tool making.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Crafter:
120 Imbuing
120 Blacksmith
120 Tailoring
100 Tinkering
100 Carpentry
100 Arms Lore
15 music (+30 for instruments)
45 magery (+30 for pentagram)

Mule
100 Mining
100 Lumberjacking
100 Alchemy
100 Cooking
100 Fishing
100 Inscription
rest in magery or other for killing serpents

P

PoCove

I like the mule myself

Crafter:
120 Imbuing
120 Blacksmith
120 Tailoring
100 Tinkering
100 Carpentry
100 Arms Lore

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My template will be:
120 Imbuing
120 Mysticism
100 Magery (120 with crystalline ring)
115 Eval
115 Magic resist
115 Med
35 Focus

If I can afford the powerscrolls I will raise some skills to 120 and lower focus. I already have a crafter and can't really fit imbuing on the template so this is a good solution for me.

J

Jafanarae

I was going to put imbuing on a crafter because I see myself using its crafting aspect rather than its mysticism support aspect. I’m rethinking that now, mainly because I want the gargoyle bonus for my imbuer and I want to keep the elf bonus for my miner. As there does not seem to be any compelling reason (e.g. success chance bonus) to have imbuing on a crafter, I might put up with the slight practical inconvenience of using a non-crafter to imbue items and go with a template similar to those suggested by Frarc and Storm.

Have I missed something? There isn’t any sort of bonus for having imbuing on a crafter, is there?

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So putting it on a crafter is ok... What are the benefits to adding it to a field char or a townie?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
So putting it on a crafter is ok... What are the benefits to adding it to a field char or a townie?
well for one as you kill things and loot you can drop the magic looted items in the unravel bag and unravel them all at once on that character (have to recal to a forge)

if you have mysticism it gets a bonus from imbuing

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well for one as you kill things and loot you can drop the magic looted items in the unravel bag and unravel them all at once on that character (have to recal to a forge)

Hrm... Ok so is the bag blessed that we use to unravel things?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hrm... Ok so is the bag blessed that we use to unravel things?
Here's a question that popped into my head this morning. It's my understanding that we gain imbuing (at least in lower levels) by unravelling items. If we use the bag and to a bunch of items at once, do we still get the same (or any) gains than if we had unravelled each piece by itself? Like when a new chef cooks a stack of 200 fish steaks and gets a gain of 1.2 off one action.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Here's a question that popped into my head this morning. It's my understanding that we gain imbuing (at least in lower levels) by unravelling items. If we use the bag and to a bunch of items at once, do we still get the same (or any) gains than if we had unravelled each piece by itself? Like when a new chef cooks a stack of 200 fish steaks and gets a gain of 1.2 off one action.
I have asked this question many times and not gotten a answer! I wish I had thought to test it..
I believe you would get multiple gains though ! also you only get gains from unraveling to 25 I think it is! so you could buy it to this easy! so there really is no point !

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The bag is pretty much the same as the bag that smelt armor and unraffle leather.

T

The Fallout

Ok cool thanks guys.....

What other supporting skills does Imbuing have besides Arms Lore and Item ID?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think item ID just tells you what ingredients you get back from unravelling an item, I don't think it gives you any bonus to creating items.

Although, I'm not 100% certain on this. Can anyone confirm or correct?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, it was my understanding that item id is purely information, not modifiers, but like all things, this will likely need to be rechecked when the publish goes live.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope that's not going to change. I'd hate to have to start working up item ID when I could have been doing it for the last 3 weeks in preparation.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no need for ItemID. I'd unravel anything that I don't need anyway.

I will try imbuing, too. I will probably put it on the one human character that I currently abuse as "unused skill storage". On this character, I will raise the skill. Depending on how the success chance bonus of a Gargoyle really helps to raise Imbuing, I may soulstone the skills over to a Gargoyle character at a later time. I don't want to play a Gargoyle, though. I have one free character slot, and I may use it temporarily to create a Gargoyle for imbuing purpose only.

D

Dr. Taylor

You are the first I have heard that does not want to play a Gargoyle. I don't want to either. I do want to experience most of the skills though. And by the way the maps are terrific. Thank you.

S

Silence_Fair

Imbuing is a standalone skill so you can add it to anyone. However some mysticisme spells have benefits if they also have imbuing skill on same character. For now i have this templaye in mind:

120 Mysticisme.
120 Eval Int.
120 Meditation
120 Resist
120 Focus
120 Imbuing.
so let me see if I am correct in what this tells me. . I can put IMBUING on an already full crafter. . I have a 120 tailor/smith.. and a 100 carpenter/etc. . he has a full plate and switches off on some skills like cooking also 100 when it is needed. so then if I can add imbuing it will make the plate over full:thumbup:

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im only using it for crafting, so I want it on my char that will craft things that can be imbued. I will now need a second mule char... so mine will look like this...

Crafter (Gargoyle)
120 Smith
120 Taylor
120 Imbue
100 Bowcrft/Fletch
100 Tinker
100 Arms Lore
60 Magery (105 with Jewels and Book)

Mule(Elf/Human)
100 Cooking
100 Alchemy
100 Inscription
100 Carpentry
100 Lumberjack
100 Mining
100 Magery
20 Meditation/Focus

S

Serine

¨My imbuer will look like this

120 Imbue
120 Mysticism
120 Magery
120 Eva Int
120 Meditation
120 Spellweaving

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yes, when at low levels and you unravel via the bag, you get a skill increase check for each piece that is unraveled.