• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] What to hunt with new loot changes

Kurik

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wondering what people are hunting with new changes. I've notice that some of the old good spots(UEV's, cove, and wrong) don't give that great of the loot any more. Even with high luck(2600 on my dexxer). I've been getting some decent dexxer jewelry off from dragons. Just regular, not greater ones. Couple decent armor pieces from cavern of discarded bosses. So far only one legendary piece but I really haven't hunted higher bosses. I've seen in uhall people talking Exodus giving out pretty insane pieces.

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If i would implement new loot system i would do it basing on statistics. The bosses that people are hounting not often (how many times it is killed per day) would get better loot <:

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've done a few Doom runs, Dark Father loot was bad to the point that I think it's broken. Slasher of Veils is dropping great stuff but it's mostly for gargoyles. Paragon Balrons with 3000 luck are pretty solid.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive only done some limited farming, a few hours here and there. i killed succubus for over an hour, decent loot table, found it didnt drop any splintering tho. can anyone else confirm splintering does not seem to drop of certain monsters?

killed a bunch of other stuff too, swoops, greater dragons, all decent but havent found a "perfect" mob for farming yet.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I think it really depends on what you're going for. I've noticed that clean SSI jewels are a lot easier to come by, and seems like just volume is the way to go, so you can see a ton of items in a short time in somewhere like painted cave seems pretty likely that sooner or later you'll get some nice clean SSI jewels.

I also was unimpressed by UEVs in fel with 2000 luck - I feel like they likely took a step back, though maybe with closer to 4k they'd be better.

My theory is that the mini bosses in fel are the way to go - like Lurg/Grobu and such.