• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] What to do with Runics??

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guess I would like to ask what are the best uses for Runic tools?

Runic Hammers? The only one I use regularly is a shadow runic to reforge weapons with 100% elemental damage. The rest I usually sell or horde.

Runic sewing kits? The only one normally use here is the horned kits for reforging.. Spined and barbed I usually sell.

Runic mallets? Don't use them much so just put on vendors to sell and horde.

So what would be best use for the Runics?

A). Valorite Hammer - do I use it to reforge with or should I try and make an elite item by crafting with it or am I better off just selling for 5-6 mill?

B). Same question for the other hammers.. Reforge, create, or sell?

C). Barbed sewing kits - use to reforge, create armor, or sell them for 2-3 mill each?

Please give some feedback on what you are using your Runics for. I have quite a few various Runics stored away that I am trying to decide what to do with.

(400 + dull coppers down to about 10 valorite and everything inbetween). ( around 60 barb kits 130 horned kits and 200 spined kits) (2 chests full of various runic mallets from valorite to dull)

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mainly use copper hammers (150 luck parts) and shadow for 100% weapons like u mention. I don't bother with higher ones.

Spined kits I use for things like 5 hci or DCI on armour.

Horned kits I use for making 150 luck parts.

Barbed I use to make dexxer or mage parts from leather using 6 charges.

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the input... I too use the horned kits for 150 luck pieces.

Anyone else with any input? Be nice to see the thread grow with what players prefer to use the runics for.

Anyone use the higher end hammers for anything? Gold, agapite, verite, or valorite? Someone is using them for something because I keep restocking them on vendors..

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I'm just getting back into it, but I now have some dull copper and shadow runics I don't know what to do with.

Fusilli Zaitsev

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I craft pretty much everything in the game and haven't found a good use for dull copper, bronze, gold, agapite, or verite hammers. Same goes for yew and heartwood fletchers kits. My approach for most things is to do the least amount of reforging necessary and imbue the rest--ash fletchers for 40ssi, copper or spined for clean 10 Stam pieces or 150 luck, shadow/oak for 100 elemental, spined for 5dci/hci, ash saws for -15 mage etc etc. I do use lots of charges on heartwood saws when making reactive para/soul charge shields and hitspell mage weap bokutos. And of course 6 charge reforges with barbed and valorite for armor pieces.

I have found that doing a greater reforge with say a yew saw does allow for enhancing without a forged metal tool (I've had a high rate of success in this regard) but I'm not sure why you would use one if you had access to the higher runic.

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I use dull copper and shadow hammers to reforge shields and gargoyle necklace and ear rings, on the shields I hammer away till I get 3MR or 15% kinetic eater, then I imbue spell channelling, fc and DCI of 15, then enhance with val for resists, on the necklaces and ear rings I hammer away for 4MR(normally need shadow runic for this), or 15% kinetic eater(to make the full 30 with the shield too) or 15% damage eater
In short, I use those 2 lowest hammers to get just one property on an item that I cannot get by imbuing, then just imbue the rest.

The 2 gargoyle bits are perfect for doing this because they cannot be enhanced anyway, they are already at full resists when made of iron, the shields are more costly to make this way.

I use spined kits in the same way on mage leather for high MR or casting focus, I don't do this that often because of three downsides:
Spined kits are harder to get than dull and shadow runics(which can be gotten from small BODs).
Spined kits seem to be higher intensity than dull/shadow, I end up with more unwanted extras.
Always need to enhance after you finished reforging, which means one of those artefact tools.

I really wish there was a "leather runic sewing kit" which was lower than spined and the equivelant of a dull copper hammer.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I used agapite hammers to make my 10 SSI, 25DI shield with Viscious/Haste 4 stam/ 2 dex titles. Can also get SSI, DI, HCI that way.

Probably can get some really nice stuff using valorite hammers too, but for most people, it might not be worth the time.