• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

what to do with 40 extra points

G

Hilo,
I am warrior, with Spiritspeak.
I have no other magics.
I dont know what to do with my extra 40 points.
Methinks about chivalry, or necro or spellweave.
Anyone have opinion?
I dont want that, "Its all in how you want to play.."
I want a factual opinion.
Gracias

G

top secret, but ok
120 sword
120 ss
120 resist
100 med
100 focus
120 parry

I suppose i could go 100 resist, i dont know how important the other 20 are. Ive never been that high.

P

Paul the Samurai

why do you have meditation if you dont have a spell casting skill?
120 resist is definitely a good thing, i would not drop it, but it is hard for me to recommend what to do with 40 points, when I see 100 wasted.

J

Jason619

how are you going to do any special moves or damage without tactics?

G

I thought i would try to make a template that is very difficult to kill.
With the mana regen i can cast spiritspeak infinetly.
And damage is not really an issue. I figure ill be able to stay alive long enough to kill something.

P

Paul the Samurai

your focus regenerates mana already, and thats enough for SS

G

i will test that.

I tested it after 42 seconds with 50 mana there will be a not enough mana message.

I CANNOT HAVE THAT!

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

ok... healing with ss is nuts

120swords
90tactics
100anat
90healing
100resist
60chiv
80med
80poisoning

aids, pots, chiv for healing and with the right weaps this could be killer

R

Rykus

As BR suggests, you will need to change your template to be able to compete. You simply won't have sufficient damage output to kill anyone who isn't afk or a fresh/naked rez. Lots of other people build defense oriented templates and you won't stand a chance without some kind of supplemental damage like nox, necro, bushido, or anything else more than just *whack* *whack* *whack*. SS will not be enough healing, period. It makes you stand still to use it and you only get roughly the equivalent of a GH every 4 seconds, if you get lucky and aren't interrupted or killed when you stand still so frequently to heal.

You can argue with people about it if you desire, but the facts and the end result on the field won't change.

G

Sorry, but between the delay on reuse, the interrupt chance and the amount healed using spirit speak, far from making you hard to kill, I'd say my crafter in her bloodwood suit has better survival potential.

B

Blade Spirit

<blockquote><hr>

top secret, but ok
120 sword
120 ss
120 resist
100 med
100 focus
120 parry

I suppose i could go 100 resist, i dont know how important the other 20 are. Ive never been that high.

[/ QUOTE ]

NEVER NEVER NEVER. Resist is that one skill you either have 0 or 120.

Since you have meditation I assume you wear a medable armor.
The char doesn't seem to be very mana intensive therefore I suggest you simply keep meditation and get rid of focus; the benefits from it in mana are low to be taken into account as for those on stamina well, total refresh pots don't cost any skill points.

I see no source of damage, no tactics or anatomy. I suggest you get 100 tactics instead of focus. As for anatomy wait for the following considaration.

How on earth do you heal? If the answer is spirit speak only I'm afraid is a bit poor. How about converting the 120 ss into 100 healing and some extra 20 skills?

Now we can have:
120 sword (must)
120 resist (must)
120 parry (very handy)
100 tactics
100 healing
100 medit

Leaves out 60 skill points. Depending if you want to rely more on special moves or not you can decide to drop meditation to 80 and add 80 anatomy to boost bandies benefits and damage output OR lower parry to 100 (which imo would do best) and still go for 80 anatomy.

This will leave you with this template

120 sword
120 resist
100 parry
100 tactics
100 healing
80 anatomy
80 meditation

With this you can heal on the run, have good variety of special moves, deal considerable damage and ultimately be very tough to be brought down.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

NEVER NEVER NEVER. Resist is that one skill you either have 0 or 120.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually... depending on the template 80 to 120resist is what you'll want.

100resist is perfect for ANY warrior... 120 is actually unnecessary unless your going for 120 across the board or don't need the extra 20points for anything.

B

Blade Spirit

Must be me but when I make a template i put 120 resist and then I discuss the rest. But I'm in love with that skill

G

<blockquote><hr>

top secret, but ok
120 sword
120 ss
120 resist
100 med
100 focus
120 parry

[/ QUOTE ]

look this is easy if you have 120 med you will be fine on mana
so drop Focus all together

120 Swords
120 Med
120 Resist or you can drop Resist and take parry just always make sure to have a trapped box
120 Tactics
120 Necro
120 Spirit Speak

I honestly would not play this template on siege because your only form of healing is Spirit speak and Potions

Stealth archer + Stealth Tamers on siege are all over so once you go on foot your template just went to [censored]... you have to stand still to Spirit Speak...

G

Here Is a template I think you would enjoy playing if you do not plan on running Hiding and stealth

- 120 Swords
- 120 Anatomy
- 120 Resist
- 100 Med
- 100 Tactics
- 100 Healing - use enhanced bandages
- 60 Chiv - Consecrate weapon for max damage, Remove Curse for Curse from mages and strangles from necro's, Divine Fury for extra Swing speed and to replenish your stamina

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

Here Is a template I think you would enjoy playing if you do not plan on running Hiding and stealth

- 120 Swords
- 120 Anatomy
- 120 Resist
- 100 Med
- 100 Tactics
- 60 Chiv - Consecrate weapon for max damage, Remove Curse for Curse from mages and strangles from necro's, Divine Fury for extra Swing speed and to replenish your stamina

[/ QUOTE ]

my template suggestions better... it can do all that and it has 80poisoning

R

Rykus

<blockquote><hr>

ok... healing with ss is nuts

120 swords
90 tactics
100 anat
90 healing
100 resist
60 chiv
80 med
80 poisoning

aids, pots, chiv for healing and with the right weaps this could be killer

[/ QUOTE ]

That looks almost identical to what I ran for a while when I first got to Siege. It's a very versatile and low-cost template that's fairly effective in pvp and very good in pvm. It also has the advantage of being quick to train with RoT since many skills are below GM.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

- 120 Swords
- 120 Anatomy
- 120 Resist
- 100 Med
- 100 Tactics

[/ QUOTE ]

my template suggestions better... it can do all that and it has 80poisoning

[/ QUOTE ]

That is all in a matter of opinion

I do think your template is an effective IF he can find a Cleaver or Butcher Knife with FC 1, 30 SSI, 40+HLD, 40+ Fireball but the chances of him finding either of those weapons are slim to none ...

I was going off the skills he seems to have or is wanting and it appears for some reason he is wanting Swords and with swords it would be easier for him to find those mods on a heavy hitting weapon like an Ornate Axe etc. which would not require NOX

I think he would be better off with my template if he is running swords that is and trying to find a concussion weapon...

G

<blockquote><hr>

I do think your template is an effective IF he can find a Cleaver or Butcher Knife with FC 1, 30 SSI, 40+HLD, 40+ Fireball

[/ QUOTE ]
CENSORED CENSORED CENSOREDing item based combat. Wear small woodland animals and poke each other with sticks.

G

And if he did decide to run a Nox template I would sugest this for SIEGE

120 Fencing/Swords
120 Bushido - Evasion/ Confidence on the run + bandies + Potions = God...
120 Parry - dismounter like crazy less chance of that happening
90 Healing - Run enhanced bandages
85 Anatomy
100 Resist
80 Poison

No need for tactics ask anyone I have faught they can not stand toe to toe

You would need a weapon with lower defense, Fireball,and Damage Increase i would suggest a Kryss, Dagger, or Assassin Spike

100 Str
100 Dex
55 Int

I personally run this template on Brea

I am Elf for the extra mana

I try to always run Mr4 - 6 If i can pull it off

45+DCI

I always carry a pet ball...

with dismounts on siege I find this template vry helpful Once I am dismounted I try to wait as long as possible before I use the Evasion spell from Bushido once I know the timer is up so I can mount again I summon my swamp dragon or lesser Hiryu then mount and take off to evade the gank

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

And if he did decide to run a Nox template I would sugest this for SIEGE

120 Fencing/Swords
120 Bushido - Evasion/ Confidence on the run + bandies + Potions = God...
120 Parry - dismounter like crazy less chance of that happening
90 Healing - Run enhanced bandages
85 Anatomy
100 Resist
80 Poison

No need for tactics ask anyone I have faught they can not stand toe to toe

[/ QUOTE ]

I run something like that... but my assassin looks like this

120fencing
100anat
100healing
80poisoning
120ninja
100hiding
80stealth

120swords 100tactics 120bushido 100resist 80med 100focus and 60chiv all on soul stones.

I can swap out for any of those templates easily... pretty much any of the temps discussed in this thread and this is a really fun char to play.

Oh and Kage you should see my cleaver...

50%HLD
13%HCI
30%SSI
44%DI
UBWS

with mace and shield glasses I get 80%HLD (lol!) anyway this is my prodo char but the templates still carry over to here =/

Ultimately... if I had a warrior on siege... I'd def run this skill set for him.