• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What things do you think could help Siege?

What changes need to come to Siege to ensure retention, or encourage recruitment ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you just describe urself? pathetic...
Last tiem I checked Dante played a detect/track archer and a parry mage....So no he didn't describe himself. :(

and yes Forsaken, He is totally leet. Remember too he has 20 of those luck robes worth about 90million!!!!

OMGZ

V

Vaelix

Last tiem I checked Dante played a detect/track archer and a parry mage....So no he didn't describe himself. :(

and yes Forsaken, He is totally leet. Remember too he has 20 of those luck robes worth about 90million!!!!

OMGZ
Actually Loki is set up as a Alchy Bushy Archer (No stealth)

And Skwis is a Necro Bushy Spellweaver (No Stealth)

But its Diablo.. we cant expect him to say something intelligent.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually Loki is set up as a Alchy Bushy Archer (No stealth)

And Skwis is a Necro Bushy Spellweaver (No Stealth)

But its Diablo.. we cant expect him to say something intelligent.
Damn i fail on my attempt to defend you!!! Regardless, no Stealth!!!

F

Førsaken

OMGZ
Man, last I heard, he had like 30 or more of those zomgimsoleetsauce robes. He's the man!

:lol:

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trust me, my being on Siege one day in a month, is more playing then you could ever possibly do.

p.s. Nice to see you're still pressed on BR's sac.
ZOMG i'm the roxxors i don't play sp but i post on the sp forums 24/7...and stick up for my man and shizznit...

:gee:

V

Vaelix

The fighting in this thread honestly shows me I just need to leave SP.
Well you can stand around for About 4 Hours on Siege and *Maybe* get 10 Mins of PvP against some form of stealther who just smoke bombs away when he gets low..

Or play ATL and pvp all you want with Very Very few stealthers.

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well you can stand around for About 4 Hours on Siege and *Maybe* get 10 Mins of PvP against some form of stealther who just smoke bombs away when he gets low..

Or play ATL and pvp all you want with Very Very few stealthers.
You guys forget I am historically a production player.

Started on Chessy
Quit
Came back, hated it.
Moved to Siege, loved it.
Back to Chessy because stuff was booming.
Chessy died off a bit, came back to SP.
Hated KGB's constant pet PvP, back to Chessy.
Helped run CHAMPS and dominate the shard both Tram and Fel.
CHAMPS dissolved, back to Siege.

And here I am now, about to transition back to Chesapeake. I played some GL and Sonoma in between, with FS! and LuT, but Chessy is my home. Siege destroys itself. No one wants to budge on any issues, so we just get the same crap content. Over. and. Over.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"The Real Siegers" As you put it, are the people who are running stealth because they are so afraid of losing their items.

:heart:
Or you could say the "real siegers" only log on unless there's 5 or more of their guild on or they'll never log on in their character...

V

Vaelix

Or you could say the "real siegers" only log on unless there's 5 or more of their guild on or they'll never log on in their character...
Your talking to Dante buddy..

Storm and I ran 2 v Siege for the Longest time..

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as passive detect goes. What about making reveal work instead? So reveal spell works on hidden/stealthers, but only works in a 2 tile every direction from the one you target? Might cut back on stealthers, and make more shown templates. Which would be a lot better

F

Førsaken

ZOMG i'm the roxxors i don't play sp but i post on the sp forums 24/7...and stick up for my man and shizznit...

:gee:
Once an idiot, always an idiot I say.

p.s. You're the one with BR always on your mind, no one else.

B

Black magick

As far as passive detect goes. What about making reveal work instead? So reveal spell works on hidden/stealthers, but only works in a 2 tile every direction from the one you target? Might cut back on stealthers, and make more shown templates. Which would be a lot better
The only way i could see this being fair is if it was based on magery and detect as well. 120 mage having a 20% chance of detecting without Joat detect on temp, and perhaps 70% with 100 detect. This based off of 100 stealth. Two tile thing would keep this from doing a too much damage to stealth as a whole, but still make having detect viable.

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well we gotta combat stealth on a better level then having one detector for 5 stealthers.

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just think when a detector is out, they can stay inside and hide. Thus run a detector, and the action slows. If you make it so reveal @ 120 mage/120 eval has a 80% chance to reveal a 100/120 stealther. Then less would run stealth as it would be less feasable. Still can do it, just not as easy, so they might shift to shown templates. What do ya think?

B

Black magick

I just think when a detector is out, they can stay inside and hide. Thus run a detector, and the action slows. If you make it so reveal @ 120 mage/120 eval has a 80% chance to reveal a 100/120 stealther. Then less would run stealth as it would be less feasable. Still can do it, just not as easy, so they might shift to shown templates. What do ya think?
While I like that the idea encourages mage play, 80% chance with skills that are very useful and practically a pvp template in and of itself (med needed) is complete BS. Not only that but this "fix" also leaves dexxers on the rocks as far as detecting a stealther is concerned.

Passive detect and a detect based reveal would be nice. Passive doesn't have a high chance of reveal unless you have high detect, this helps dexxers as you reveal them within range of your attack and if they were revealed further away they'd just haul. A concentrated detect in reveal would assists mages by detecting them before they pop out next to you and ds you. (Assuming melee) Having both, or just passive would be a curb to stealth.

To the pvmers who pancake about how passive will get them all killed, you have to be within 3 or 4? tiles of the character for passive to take effect. Not too hard to get away. Hell, even if you get revealed you can still rehide and work your way around your assailant rather easily. Or pick up defensive skills that will do much more for your template than hiding and stealth will.

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How is passive detect any different then that of the magic creatures. You get revealed by RCs, Liches, LL, Gazers etc etc etc. Yeah a decent pk will kill you faster, but im game for passive detect.

I think if the shard dropped stealth and ran shown templates. When people log on they see more people. Almost no one wants to play alone. So they see people, they stay logged in, they log in more often, and the shard picks up a bit.

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How is passive detect any different then that of the magic creatures. You get revealed by RCs, Liches, LL, Gazers etc etc etc. Yeah a decent pk will kill you faster, but im game for passive detect.

I think if the shard dropped stealth and ran shown templates. When people log on they see more people. Almost no one wants to play alone. So they see people, they stay logged in, they log in more often, and the shard picks up a bit.
The problem with this way of thinking is this, people that have been playing here have become too fond of their little precious and are afraid of losing them. Therefore, they run hide stealth ninja templates for an easy out. Or use faction runes. Take for instance, the last time i seen sunchicken at the grove he was attacked by Verum and Souweaver. He ran outside and seen fields up, poooof gone, faction rune LOL. So don't think that any mages posting in this thread are all high & mighty because they run a shown template. They are the ones using faction runes more than anyone else and in my eyes are carebears, but they have left to go play with themselves (no pun intended) in trammyville...

V

Vaelix

The problem with this way of thinking is this, people that have been playing here have become too fond of their little precious and are afraid of losing them. Therefore, they run hide stealth ninja templates for an easy out. Or use faction runes. Take for instance, the last time i seen sunchicken at the grove he was attacked by Verum and Souweaver. He ran outside and seen fields up, poooof gone, faction rune LOL. So don't think that any mages posting in this thread are all high & mighty because they run a shown template. They are the ones using faction runes more than anyone else and in my eyes are carebears, but they have left to go play with themselves (no pun intended) in trammyville...
I dont think i've *Ever* used a faction rune.. Just a little fyi..

Also.. Theres a draw back to using faction runes compared to Smoke Bombs.. That draw back is (Since they are revealed) All ya gotta do is gate to their base.. Considering its a 100% Guarantee that its where they are going to be.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont think i've *Ever* used a faction rune.. Just a little fyi..

Also.. Theres a draw back to using faction runes compared to Smoke Bombs.. That draw back is (Since they are revealed) All ya gotta do is gate to their base.. Considering its a 100% Guarantee that its where they are going to be.

Well if that's the case...the opposing guild would have to have mages...And we don't that will never happen. So they can't do that

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is your trammyville statement again.

You know there were 8 SP! members on Siege today. Not a single one died all day long, but we destroyed every member of TNT that came out...The whole 5-6 hours (yes i had to life today) hours i played siege perilous today i didn't see A SINGLE jsv member or any other faction enemy. Only tnt. And I commend them, they kept coming out. Which is awesome.

So to summarize, Morder, I say again. STFU and play the game...I think i still play siege more than you do :(

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

People dont run hide/sealth templates for an easy way out dumb ****. They run them to either A) have a way out when dismounted or B) add damage to there template. Like my template, i run hide stealth to maximize my DS damage output...not to save my faction items...those can be replaced easily.

With your reference to Sunchicken. Should he have just stood there and died? Would that be your idea of an honorable move? Or was he thinking. "**** i just farmed 8k silver and now I'm being attacked. I need to get outta here." This time he was being attacked by a moving shot archer and more than likely a bokuto character...that does not bode well for him. He made it out...and used a rune.

Also funny how you say mages are the ones using faction runes....do they have smoke bombs to use when in a hairy situation??? Nope...sure dont....

You make some of the dumbest comments I've ever seen...keep it up.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also funny how you say mages are the ones using faction runes....do they have smoke bombs to use when in a hairy situation??? Nope...sure dont....

You make some of the dumbest comments I've ever seen...keep it up.
You just made his point here with the bolded part so how is it dumb?

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
"Remove RoT or tweak it in a large way."

This option should´ve been made into two separate ones...

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I didn't say it's dumb, Nor did i say smoke bombs are dumb. I always keep a smoke bombs/faction runes on my just in case I'm in an absolute no escape situation.

All i was saying is he didn't have access to smoke bombs, so the next best option for him is the faction rune...which you would be stupid not to use in that example.

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quick story, I never trained up Hide/Stealth on prodo, when I came to Siege I didnt either.

Well it took about a week of getting dismount ganked until I started to train hide stealth.

I remember I couldnt believe that with only 75 stealth I could move around so easy.

This to me is the biggest problem, you should need 120/120/100 Ninja, Stealth and Hide to run around hidden. That alone will get alot of people to drop it.

Funny thing is here on the boards we all want to get pvp going but when we actually get in game all we want is to get the kill...

Point, yesterday we actually had a few SP on,I messed around with Big Ed and Asty for a bit 2v1 and the Beeze came, then Fudd.

I was so pissed that we had so few pvpers on BUT Diablo and I tried to fight 5 SP

Please note that this is before Gujek and Hat joined into the fight and sure enough Fudd is on foot with a Heavy looking to dismount.

This and this alone is the biggest problem with Siege (not you fudd, the dismount)

We are trying to fight 5 v 2 (while waiting for more people) and instead of trying to kill us with Spells/bolts/blades its the dismount.

Let me also say that within 5 minutes Gujeck was there to dismount them also (nice smoke bomb asty)

Well needless to say the pvp was over very quickly.

Is this the problem with Siege, I think yes!!

If we can agree to actually fight it out and not try for the cheap dismount gank then I think more pvp will happen.

It will bring more single players and small guilds back and people will drop Hide/Stealth.

TnT is a guilty as any guild of this, but this is what is killing or has killed Siege.

No Dismounting!!

You should be able to kill people without the dismount, maybe people forget but trust me we did it for years!

The fights went alot longer and we had alot of fun!

So next time pvp happens lets to to fight and not gank!!

thxs!

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Responding to freesly is about as useless as a fart in the wind. The dude says his guild tries to pvp on this shard but yet only mentions that it takes 5 or more of them to actually try to pvp. Then we have the example from Mook describing how at least him and diablo tried to fight them honorably, but then, of course, they cant do a damn thing so out comes a dismounter instead of just attempting to fight. Refer back to Mook's post for further info on how sp! attempts to pvp. All the members in sp! are prolly the biggest problem to this shard. I say good riddance, this shard needs sieger's not carebears...

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to also say one thing regarding siege pvp. Take a good look at how the guild POOR is doing on the shard. They are new, with few if any templates complete, and still manage to go out and fight hard and not be in factions (or are they?). They do what they can with or without numbers on their side. Hats off to POOR, keep up with what used to be known as siege pvp.

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First off Mook, kudos to you and you're mates for coming out to fight. Now as far as dismounting goes, without it, all we get is a spectacular tour of luna. Someone inside a house running from one end of town to the other side right into another house. Every once in a while we get a special tour across the bridge to pixie land, and every once in a great great while we get the distinct pleasure of chasing someone all the way to Umbra.
Its really an interesting problem we have created for ourselves. The reason people were more likely to be killed before dismounting came into game was they did not have the fear of the dismount to deal with. If you were at half life your first instinct wasn't "Oh double whopper with cheese I better bail out in case someone pops out of hiding and dismounts me!" Instead they stayed on screen and hoped for a cross heal or that their bandage would go off and save them. Trust me, running a cross healing mage on the field is a lot harder than it used to be as a lot of folks will run off screen away from their heals because of this survival instinct. Now days people run at the first sliver of damage, making it damn hard to kill anyone without a bunch of moving shot archers. So if you aren't running that group of archers the only way to kill someone running is the dismount to eliminate the option of running for them. With the right group, being dismounted most certainly is a survivable senario.

Diablo FTW

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First off Mook, kudos to you and you're mates for coming out to fight. Now as far as dismounting goes, without it, all we get is a spectacular tour of luna. Someone inside a house running from one end of town to the other side right into another house. Every once in a while we get a special tour across the bridge to pixie land, and every once in a great great while we get the distinct pleasure of chasing someone all the way to Umbra.
Its really an interesting problem we have created for ourselves. The reason people were more likely to be killed before dismounting came into game was they did not have the fear of the dismount to deal with. If you were at half life your first instinct wasn't "Oh double whopper with cheese I better bail out in case someone pops out of hiding and dismounts me!" Instead they stayed on screen and hoped for a cross heal or that their bandage would go off and save them. Trust me, running a cross healing mage on the field is a lot harder than it used to be as a lot of folks will run off screen away from their heals because of this survival instinct. Now days people run at the first sliver of damage, making it damn hard to kill anyone without a bunch of moving shot archers. So if you aren't running that group of archers the only way to kill someone running is the dismount to eliminate the option of running for them. With the right group, being dismounted most certainly is a survivable senario.
I agree...

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mook and Sir Morder. You cannot complaina bout dismounters.

We tried to set up a fight that night. 5v5. Maybe you weren't there Mook, but tnt brought Dialbo (tamer mage), Noriat (dismounter), hattoi (dismounter), The Rebel (dismounter)....wtf

That was your crew you wanted to have a 5 on 5 with...

Its just part of the game now....that's all it is. We gotta learn to deal with it.

Diablo FTW

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mook and Sir Morder. You cannot complaina bout dismounters.

We tried to set up a fight that night. 5v5. Maybe you weren't there Mook, but tnt brought Dialbo (tamer mage), Noriat (dismounter), hattoi (dismounter), The Rebel (dismounter)....wtf

That was your crew you wanted to have a 5 on 5 with...

Its just part of the game now....that's all it is. We gotta learn to deal with it.
dude... rebel is not a dismounter. he just throw shuriken in wolf form like a noob.lol

S

Sunchicken

ridable pets need to fatigue like they used to. And to sir morder that is pancakes about me taking the un honerable route out and faction runing. All i can say is **** you. You know as well as i do that all 3-4 of you didnt come to check blighted. Yall came in hidden saw me... "HEY GUYS SUNCHICKENS IN BLIGHTED LETs GET A FEW MORE PEOPLE HERE SO WE CAN KILL HIM"

Ill fight 2vs1 but beyond that screw it.

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was not there for the second fight, but I said in my post that TNT is as guilty as any guild.

The fact is that as long as guilds dismount the pvp will suffer.

Dismounter on the field brings two things, it makes you run hide/stealth or people just stay in the house.

No guild is immune, almost anyone in any of Sieges PVP guilds will fight 1 v 2 or even more BUT as soon as the see the dismounter they run and and pvp ends...

I just think we need to do something to get people back in the habit of looking to pvp on Siege.

I for one will be on my pvper and in and around luna looking for orange, hope to see people there!

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually you guys did kill me, Big Eds Explod got me in Krystals house, point is you did it without dismount. I stayed and tried to fight outnumbered because I had a chance to get away.

When you guys hit me with deathstrike so often trust me running is not always an option.

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually you guys did kill me, Big Eds Explod got me in Krystals house, point is you did it without dismount. I stayed and tried to fight outnumbered because I had a chance to get away.

When you guys hit me with deathstrike so often trust me running is not always an option.
But we only had that opportunity because you stood in the house and you knew you had that safety net of us not being able to loot you if we did get you. If you did not have that house to run to, you would have been running for the wilderness and since we dont run moving shot archers the only way we would have been able to catch you would be that dismount. Im not saying its not good strategy to stay in the house in those circumstances, but would you have even stayed on screen with us had we been able to attack and loot you freely?

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But we only had that opportunity because you stood in the house and you knew you had that safety net of us not being able to loot you if we did get you. If you did not have that house to run to, you would have been running for the wilderness and since we dont run moving shot archers the only way we would have been able to catch you would be that dismount. Im not saying its not good strategy to stay in the house in those circumstances, but would you have even stayed on screen with us had we been able to attack and loot you freely?
yes but it was 4 v 1...

when it was 2 v 1 I fought outside luna walls and Asty and Big Ed got me below 40 hps a few times.

4 v 1, yes I stayed close to a house >:)

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The changes this shard needs, are not all ones people want. The problem is people have their own experiences and perspectives.

You will not get a consensus because you will not please... everyone.

Sorry.

T

Tairon

One thing that might help is to allow a second house on Siege(Siege + another shard). I think we could get people to play Siege as their second shard and this would create enough traffic to get it going again but people won't play here unless they can place a house. There is a ton of free space so this is not goiong to make it hard on current players.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"The Real Siegers" As you put it, are the people who are running stealth because they are so afraid of losing their items.

:heart:
OR maybe they don't want to get dismount ganked or just plain ganked...it's easy not to run stealth when you run with 5 or more people or don't log into sp...

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One thing that might help is to allow a second house on Siege(Siege + another shard). I think we could get people to play Siege as their second shard and this would create enough traffic to get it going again but people won't play here unless they can place a house. There is a ton of free space so this is not goiong to make it hard on current players.
This has been discussed before. It would just end with a bunch of dead unused housing spots.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has been discussed before. It would just end with a bunch of dead unused housing spots.
Pretty much, run thru Luna and tell me how many Luna houses people use...half the people who have luna houses don't play sp or just never log in or use the houses...