• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What the heck is a Refinement Amalgamator

Teslawear

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I got one... Learned you can't use it when locked down, put in backpack and double clicked it. Clicked some armor and says "That is not a refinement"... Ok, so what the Hell is? How do I use this thing?

Can someone really dumb this down for me please?

As always with you guys helping me... thank you.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It allows you to combine refinements to upgrade them to the higher ones.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll do my best.
Refinement lets you adjust the caps on armor at the expense of the dci cap, or lets you adjust your dci cap at the expense of resists, on non-medable armor.
example: you could adjust the cap on physical resist upwards from 70 to 71 (or higher) by applying a refinement to one of your armor pieces. This would reduce your dci cap to 44 instead of 45. You still have to get the resists on the armor piece. Refinement only adjusts the cap, it doesn't actually add any resist.

There are a heck of a lot of different refinements you can get. The amalgamator allows you to combine lower end ones to create more powerful ones in a similar way to combining power scrolls in a scroll binder.

Teslawear

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'll do my best.
Refinement lets you adjust the caps on armor at the expense of the dci cap, or lets you adjust your dci cap at the expense of resists, on non-medable armor.
example: you could adjust the cap on physical resist upwards from 70 to 71 (or higher) by applying a refinement to one of your armor pieces. This would reduce your dci cap to 44 instead of 45. You still have to get the resists on the armor piece. Refinement only adjusts the cap, it doesn't actually add any resist.

There are a heck of a lot of different refinements you can get. The amalgamator allows you to combine lower end ones to create more powerful ones in a similar way to combining power scrolls in a scroll binder.

Ok, thanks again. This makes more sense. So this is likely a ton of options, almost endless. My next question is; what are refinements and where can I get them? Thank you again.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:) This is where I refer you back to the page I linked. All the different types, what they do and where to get them are listed on there.