• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Inscription] What Spell Books are keepers ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I decided to scribe a bunch of spell books for the library and wondered which should I keep of those crafted.

Aside from superslayer, what else is worth keeping ?

Thanks.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I decided to scribe a bunch of spell books for the library and wondered which should I keep of those crafted.

Aside from superslayer, what else is worth keeping ?

Thanks.
Whatever else would be reasonable for your use. If not your use, certainly for someone else. However, I would say the matter is a bit sketchy now because of the invasion spellbooks. I think those did more harm than good in my opinion, and quite frankly made past artie ones and player made ones obsolete.

Those opinions stated, I would say for new players who need a multitude of skills, the tri-skill crafted ones are worth saving/selling. There really isn't much else in my opinion. The invasion ruined that market.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whatever else would be reasonable for your use. If not your use, certainly for someone else. However, I would say the matter is a bit sketchy now because of the invasion spellbooks. I think those did more harm than good in my opinion, and quite frankly made past artie ones and player made ones obsolete.

Those opinions stated, I would say for new players who need a multitude of skills, the tri-skill crafted ones are worth saving/selling. There really isn't much else in my opinion. The invasion ruined that market.

I was not aware of an invasion with monsters dropping spellbooks better than crafted ones.

Is it still active ? Where ?

T

Tazar

No... this part of the event cycle is over. I'm not sure about them making prior arti spellbooks obsolete though... I've certainly not traded in the slayer-scrappers.

I

InspectorGadget

This is pretty simple to answer.

None!

The only thing there good for is turn ins at the library.

Reason:

Scrappers. Most people will use a basic scrappers over any spellbook due to the LMC/SDI and casting bonuses. Add the fact that there are many +skill scrappers around...poor normal books :(

Invasion books(1). 30%sdi(best around) fcr2 (best) 10DCI(best) 5 LMC (not best but added with the rest)

Invasion books(2). 30%sdi, 10%lrc (not best but who really cares) mr3 (best)

Clannins book(library). 80luck(nice) Mr3(best) LRC 15%(best)

Clannins book(event). Forget mods but it basically adds all of the above in elsser extents.

Conjurers Grimoire(as tome of lost knowledge+ undead slayer). Magery +15, SDI 25%, think theres more i forget.

There are probably more arty books you can have. So, a crafted book can have 3 if the below combos:

SDI 12% (low)
Mr2 (nice)
Lmc think its 8 maybe 5
Lrc 15%
FC 1
FCR 2
Slayer
+skill (up to 15)
and i think thats it.

Now, take scroll consumption against actual odds of hitting something comparable to any of the arty books...and its really not worth the time. Might as well make recalls/teleport/res/wall of stone scrolls, sell them and buy greds fro a scrappers. At least its guaranteed a decent SDI book.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is pretty simple to answer.

None!

Alright, so the only thing a Scribe can still make aside from a few scrolls is Scrappers ??

If so, IMHO, the Developers should look into this and make changes to help out Scribes....

I

InspectorGadget

Alright, so the only thing a Scribe can still make aside from a few scrolls is Scrappers ??

If so, IMHO, the Developers should look into this and make changes to help out Scribes....
Well, scrappers and super slayer books.

The resources required to make a super slayer scrappers would basically mean soloing dread horn 24/7/365.

I agree maybe they should maybe be able to imbue books to a 5max mod...if weaps can why cant books?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dunno people are squeezing in all sorts of stuff into mages nowadays.

If you make a 3 skill max intensity book I'm sure someone would have a use for it.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dunno people are squeezing in all sorts of stuff into mages nowadays.

If you make a 3 skill max intensity book I'm sure someone would have a use for it.
Yes was the same point I had as well. Tri-skill ones save. With 30+ points on a book...shoot a mage can do a bunch of stuff with their template in my opinion.