[Inscription] What sort of suit helps a working scribe?

• Thread starter Samantha_deWintr
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
S

Samantha_deWintr

My scribe is at GM and is currently working supporting my shop, making recalls and spellbooks and runebooks. I am just returning to UO after a long time away and still learning all of this LMC and LRC stuff. What should I look for in a suit for my scribe? Will LRC work on inscription?

Thanks!
~Samantha.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
May 21, 2008
Colorado
LRC and LMC have no impact on inscription. What you want is high Mana Regeneration (MR) on a medable suit while scribing. If you have necromancy, lich form gives a significant MR boost. I think it is +13 MR, but you will need to counter the -2 Hit Point Regeneration (HPR).

When I am training inscription, I run exactly the suit I described above, in lich form and I pack on both med and focus. Focus is effectively a waste of 100 points, but if I am training inscription and have the room I use it as it does help a little. Once I am done with inscription training, I dump focus using a soulstone.

Other things that can help are +3 mana regen invasion spellbooks or a boomstick (+3 MR).

Happy scribing!

-OBSIDIAN-

G

gramarye

Hi Samantha
You don't say that you have necro but, as the last poster says, lich form helps, but with necro you are likely to be neg karma so - use the shadow wisp with lich form - it really helps with mana regen to the point that in this mode my necro needs never to meditate.

R

RichDC

Also add as much Mana/intelligence bonus you can.

Generally good pieces are

Hat of magi
Pendant of Magi
Rune Beetle Carapace
Crystaline ring
Mr2 bracelet
boomstick/invasion book
My Book Talisman

And the rest craft looking for +8Mana increase mr2

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to sell 8 pc "scribe suits" - a ring & bracelet with +8 INT each, and 6 meddable armor pcs with MR+2 and anywhere from MI+2 to the max MI+8. Then top off the suit with the best mage book you can afford (or a castoff +Mana spellbook on bank floor) or the Boomstick.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 24, 2008
Trinsic, LS
If you have necromancy, lich form gives a significant MR boost. I think it is +13 MR, but you will need to counter the -2 Hit Point Regeneration (HPR).
You will not need to counter the negative HPR of Lich Form, if you scribe in a safe place. I scribe at my tower and just let it be. Lich Form will not kill you, but you will need to heal to get around. Your stamina will drop to zero, when you don't have HPs.

Also, you will want to maximize your intelligence to 150, either through items or Bless.

Stayin Alive,

BG