What skill(s) should I replace?

• Thread starter Bort of Atlantic
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
B

Bort of Atlantic

This is an old champ spawn template, and I would like to keep the theme but possibly update with mysticism/spellweaving:

90+30 Magery
115+5 Necro
120 Eval Int
110+10 Spirit Speak
85 Anatomy
80 Poisoning
120 Meditation

I was running in wraith form using 2x EV, animates, and poison fields to dish out constant damage. Wither was used for the lower level spawn, and direct-damage magery spells were used later on. Looking at the template now, I believe I can build a suit that makes use of a mage weapon and can drop anatomy, and I should be able to get rid of meditation, but what would be the "best" skills to put in their place?

Secondly, if anyone has a pic of their pvm caster suit (or an outline of the mods), I'd appreciate it.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 28, 2008
I used to run a mystic mage necro for spawns and such. It was really a straight mystic mage but it had about 40-60 necro on it just for wraith form. Then you use a slayer book and hailstorm mobs and since your damage is so high you leech enough mana back to keep going. If you get raided you just purge yourself out of form.

With anatomy and med you have 205 points to play with.. that is a lot of options. You want offense? You want defense? You want a weapon skill?
I could tell you do this and do that but really it depends on what you want to play. Right now everything is pretty well balanced in terms of power. Also your skill choices may free up additonal free points, necromancy for example has a ton of skill bonus pieces.

However I don't really see any problems with your template.. necro is still the top dog for spawning as far as casters are concerned. If anything your defense is a little weak and resist spells is always nice.

For a suit.. I don't pvm much but the goal would be as much MR as possible, 100lrc, 40lmc, and as much sdi as possible. You arn't really looking to pvp on this guy I take it.. if you are then build a pvp suit.. but for a pvm suit you really just worry about sdi and as much mi and mr as possible while keeping close to 70s resist. I guess 25 hpi is always nice too, and may mean a lot since you don't have resist spells.