• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What should I drop now?

G

I just raised parry to 110.0. My total skills are at 720 and I still have Bush, swords, and healing to raise to GM. I don't know which of the following I should drop or adjust.
Bush 102.9 scrolled to 110
swords 106.5 scrolled to 110
tactics 100.0 done
Ana 100.0 done
healing 96.6 thought I would go to GM
Parry 110.0
Resist 104.0 and dropping to 100.

I would like to one day take swords and parry to 120 if I can ever afford the scrolls. What should I do to make the room?

I

imported_silent

depends if your pvp or pvm, if pvm most run without resist and only 90 healing using enhanced bandies. I keep my anatomy at 90.

I

imported_Jimmy Pop

<blockquote><hr>

depends if your pvp or pvm, if pvm most run without resist and only 90 healing using enhanced bandies. I keep my anatomy at 90.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how many times I see this....

90 Healing with enhanced bandages DOES NOT EQUAL 100 HEALING!

It only adds to the amount of damage healed. It does NOT cure at 100 healing level.

At 100 Healing you always cure poison. At 90 healing with enhanced bandages you DO NOT ALWAYS CURE.

Sorry for the big letters silent, just want to make sure everyone understands this.

Now template wise, If your using bandages then get 100 healing. Period. Nothing worse then wasting a bandage not curing a poison. - of course thats my personal opinion.

I

imported_silent

<blockquote><hr>

90 Healing with enhanced bandages DOES NOT EQUAL 100 HEALING!

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said it did *shrugs*

I'm in vamp leeching away so for the most part poison doesn't concern me.

G

I am gonna wear it down to GM (100) first before I do anything. If I SS off Resist how do I use trapped boxes? I thought I read somewhere that they had to be dropped on the floor and turned a certain way to avoid heavy dmg when used? Is this true? Does the tinker have to own the house or be on the same acct?
As much as I hate to be without Resist I don't see any other way to add the other skills. I really enjoy not taking heavy damage from FS and poison from paras.

G

I have a stupid question. I just came back after a long break and I don't understand everything yet. If I have mana and life leech on my weapon will it work for me without being in vamp form or do I need to be in vamp form for the leech effect to work. I wasn't planning on having necro on my template at least not for now, but I might have to re-evaluate based on your answers.

S

slasherofveils

<blockquote><hr>

I am gonna wear it down to GM (100) first before I do anything. If I SS off Resist how do I use trapped boxes? I thought I read somewhere that they had to be dropped on the floor and turned a certain way to avoid heavy dmg when used? Is this true? Does the tinker have to own the house or be on the same acct?
As much as I hate to be without Resist I don't see any other way to add the other skills. I really enjoy not taking heavy damage from FS and poison from paras.

[/ QUOTE ]

Use a tinker with min skill and make dart traps on boxes only.
When you get para'ed, you open one of these boxes, it deals like 1-4 damage to you and breaks paralyze.

<blockquote><hr>

I have a stupid question. I just came back after a long break and I don't understand everything yet. If I have mana and life leech on my weapon will it work for me without being in vamp form or do I need to be in vamp form for the leech effect to work. I wasn't planning on having necro on my template at least not for now, but I might have to re-evaluate based on your answers.

[/ QUOTE ]
mana/hp leeches on your weapon are separate from vamp leeching. (they actually stack)

Vamp form leeching is a guaranteed 20% of your damage will be life healed back to you on successful hits.

Weapon "hit life leech" is a % chance to leech *up to 30%* of damage of the hit back to you. Due to this, vamp form life leech is considered far more superior due to "hit life leech"'s limitations of:
1) first having to successfully proc
2) having to leech a random 1-30% that is actually noticable

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Weapon leeches work for anyone. There's no need to be in any type of form.

K

Kakitasteel

i suggest somthing like this.... when you get the scrolls( 120 in the big 3 weapon,parry,bush is the key to get a the most out of your char imo... but 110 will work but it wont be nearly as effective)

swords 120
bush 120
parry 120
anat 100
tact 100
healing 100
rest in chiv add some jewelry to boost your chances w/ E O O
w a good ring or brace w/ dci/hci, chiv etc can be a pretty well rounded temp.

G

Running without resist seems to be the popular consensus. Would spellweaving be better than chiv? Or would I have to have more than 70 to be any good at it? I have not tried any spellweaving on any of my characters I am just curious about the skill.

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

You don't need a trapped box for PVM.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but why would you want to nerf yourself and not carry one?

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

Running without resist seems to be the popular consensus. Would spellweaving be better than chiv? Or would I have to have more than 70 to be any good at it? I have not tried any spellweaving on any of my characters I am just curious about the skill.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're not going to have enough SW to use WoD, then imo it's not worth the skill points. You'll do much more damage and enhance your template much more with Chiv.

G

It is just that I have 2 other characters that use chiv in additon to other magic skills. I thought it would be nice to try something new. I agree though if I can't devote enough points to SW then it won't be worth it. I just have to find a way to get those points in there.

I

imported_kinney42

Resist for PvM is just a waste of skill points.
Trapped boxes in PvM is just a waste of time. By the time you mess with the box the creature has either use magery or wrestling to damage you and the para is broken anyway.
So just ditch resist and you have plenty of room to bump weapon, bush, and parry to 120 and add some necro for Vampire form.
I have....
120 swords
120 bush
115 parry
100 anat
90 healing (which I really want to raise to 100 but soo lazy)
70 tactics
70 chiv
35 necro

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

Because I'm not going to be ganked in Tram?

[/ QUOTE ]

Never been para'd by an Imp with a Para Balron on your tail huh?

Again, there's no reason to intentionally nerf yourself.

M

Maximinus Thrax

Kinney already said it:
<blockquote><hr>

Trapped boxes in PvM is just a waste of time. By the time you mess with the box the creature has either use magery or wrestling to damage you and the para is broken anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Real John

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Trapped boxes in PvM is just a waste of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know about that I use a trap box for pvm because odds are when I dont have one I parry the whole duration of paralyze or it all ways hit me with it right as it dies so I have to sit there and wait tell it wears off

C

Connor_Graham

"wrestling to damage you "

So you WANT to be stuck and get hit for 50ish damage when it could have been avoided?

That doesn't make sense to me.

M

Maximinus Thrax

Avoided by opening your trapped box and running away?
If you're in tram and you're running away from monsters, you should not be a Samurai.

Samurai do not flee death...

From the Hagakure by Yamamoto Tsunetomo:
"The Way of the Samurai is found in death. When it comes to either/or, there is
only the quick choice of death."

K

Kakitasteel

ahh yes a student of bushido sheds some light on the true meaning of being a SAMURAI.
necro = undeath to touch a corpse or the undead is not an option!!!

to give one's life in the service of your lord ahh yes a glorious death in battle!!!

there are 7 virtues ( if u will) to bushido

.1 gi ( honestey and justice) there is no room for dishonesty in the heart of a samurai.

.2 yu ( heroic courage) the Kakita family motto is .. for the coward there is no life.
for the hero there is no death.
for the samurai there is to die without fear in the fulfilment of one's duty is the ultiamte honor.

.3 jin(comapassion) a samurai is strong and noble.. by his nature he is stronger than other classess mistreatment of those leseer than he is a sign of weakness and insecurity.
.4 rei 9 "(polite courtesy) to treat others with rudeness or disrespect is to abandon that wich makes u worthy of ur station as a samurai.

.5 meyo ( honor) can be a questioned virtue due to your motives.

.6 makato (complete sicerity) a samurai's word is his/ her bond!

.7 chugo ( duty)samurai = to serve..

C

Connor_Graham

"From the Hagakure by Yamamoto Tsunetomo:
"The Way of the Samurai is found in death. When it comes to either/or, there is
only the quick choice of death." "

Yamamoto never met a Paragon Balron, and this isn't feudal Japan, it's UO.