• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What order should I train skills?

jhmills1981

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I just returned after an absence of about a year and am really excited about the animal training. I've taken my ship out of storage and pirates fear me.

Unfortunately, I'm not so good at training my pets. Sure, my golden Hiryu hits well and can take a good amount of damage. My pirate scuttling dimetrosaur seems near invincible. But I know they can be better from what I've read on here. For example, I put poison goo on my hiryu and raised parry to 110, but I would like whirlwind and grasping claw. Basically, I guess I'm not sure how I can have some skills, and which skills disallow the addition of others.

So my question is, if I wanted a champ spawn clearing hiryu with whirlwind and grasping claw, what skills/stats/skill cap raises would I add at each training level?

I also just got a new Cu from a friend, which is not top of the line to start, but has sentimental value. If I wanted to train this as a single target killer, what would you recommend choosing at each level?

Thank you!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Choose HP and resists first. Add any meditation scrolls. Mana regen. You could add your specials so you can judge how much Mana you will need later.

Generic Starter Template For Cu like pets. Look here for a basic template that works great on Cus and Hiryus. You will still have points left to choose your skills and add scrolls. Just don't Max HP to >1000 on the first upgrade... that's a common mistake.

I did not answer the order question. Its best to put abilities on at TC1 so you can make sure you can get what you want. In general, put the Magic one last.

Last edited:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i always go with resists first than fatten up HP then max out DEX and Stamina on my first level up.
anything left over i will dump into INT and Mana.
2nd level up is where i buff up the base damage and add on whatever specials and magic and then fine tune the stats to where i want them (STR, HP, and if i need more in INT and Mana)

that is for your 3 slot pet like a Cu where you get 2 bumps.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i always go with resists first than fatten up HP then max out DEX and Stamina on my first level up.
anything left over i will dump into INT and Mana.
2nd level up is where i buff up the base damage and add on whatever specials and magic and then fine tune the stats to where i want them (STR, HP, and if i need more in INT and Mana)

that is for your 3 slot pet like a Cu where you get 2 bumps.
I always wait for last bump to buff the base damage where you get to go to 22 ... But yeah. I'm about the same Resist, Dex and Stam and HP... then other stuffs.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
What about a 1-slot beetle where you get multiple training bumps?

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
If the Cu has sentimental value it might well be a pre-Publish 97 pet? And we understood those might have less options than newer pets? A large part of our stables is also pre-Patch but we haven't found the courage to upgrade anything yet, apart from 1 test on TC. With so many things changing all the time we keep doubting, accursed doubters that we are....

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If the Cu has sentimental value it might well be a pre-Publish 97 pet? And we understood those might have less options than newer pets? A large part of our stables is also pre-Patch but we haven't found the courage to upgrade anything yet, apart from 1 test on TC. With so many things changing all the time we keep doubting, accursed doubters that we are....

All my old Cus trained with all choices. Its the Lesser Hiyus that cant get Bushido.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What about a 1-slot beetle where you get multiple training bumps?
Crazy mage does not increase your pets skills. You either have to get lucky and gain 100% on the first round, or split it up for a new mage. Then move to UEVs

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Crazy mage does not increase your pets skills. You either have to get lucky and gain 100% on the first round, or split it up for a new mage. Then move to UEVs
Actually, that sounds like a great idea. If you are worried about pets leveling up because of their increased skills and skipping a slot then perhaps the crazed mages will eliminate that problem.

Aside: My voice recognition translated "will eliminate" as "with a lemonade". Fun.

Sent from mTalk