• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What Old Pets are rare?

Rand Althor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have lost of old pets, WW, Dragons, Nightmare, etc that are really really old... I was wondering if some are rare and worth something, and where I could find more information?.
Thanks!

J

jegilber

The really really really old White Wyrms breath Ice Breath, so if yours is about 8 years old that it still would, and would be rare.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In addition to the old WW, if you have a really old Unicorn, they were meat eaters and are extremely rare these days.

C

controlfive

i've heard of really (really) old pets that cast gate, and they can do it off of the runebooks in your bag. haven't seen it myself, though.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are some old war horses that were a slightly different hue than the ones today.

M

Maggie

Purple bunnies? I know not old but some color was rare I think.

M

Malimus

I know my old ww and dragon both take gold as food. New ones do not. Thats rare.

R

RichDC

How much are those Neon Purple Bunnes???

i managed to get lucky and JOAT tame one

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A list of rare pets that i know of:

Blaze Cu Sidhe
Purple Bunnies
Red Imps from Magnicia Invasion
Darker Green Shadowlords Warhorse
Bugged Imps that had like 80 in each resist
Frost Spider with normal giant spider graphic but ice white.
There was these two horses that were one of a kind, that were given out on a shard as a reward from an EM event. One was Ice blue like the old unicorns and i forgot what colour the other one was. One of them was killed in a dungeon and lost forever though.

I'll ask on the Rare collectors forums to see if i can get a bigger list.

T

Trinsie

Not to sound harsh or anything but...

If you have a one of a kind across all servers horse.
What is it doing being killed in a dungeon? I don't think I would let it out of town.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hate to burst the bubble, but WW's eating gold isn't just an old thing. I've had mine about 6wks and bonded it with gold.

Rand Althor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So how do you know if a WW has Icy Breath?.. also what one worth that does have Icy breath?.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The old wyrms will NOT eat gold. That is part of how you can tell they are old. Gold eating was a recent addition to them. All white wyrms tamed now eat gold.

The really old ones sound like a dragon, not a white wyrm. Dragon roar and all. They don't actually breathe ice. It does have the full hued breathing animation, though. I have a friend with one of the first White Wyrms. I like it's roar.

S

Sarphus

A list of rare pets that i know of:

Blaze Cu Sidhe
Purple Bunnies
There was these two horses that were one of a kind, that were given out on a shard as a reward from an EM event. One was Ice blue like the old unicorns and i forgot what colour the other one was. One of them was killed in a dungeon and lost forever though.

I'll ask on the Rare collectors forums to see if i can get a bigger list.
Hmm... one time some guy showed me a nightmare that had crazy high resists. He said a GM told him it was a 1/10k chance to spawn nightmare. I'm wondering if it was actually an EM award and he was just using it to trick people into farming mares for a long time with no chance of actually getting a horse like his.

This mare had higher resists than my greater dragon.

M

Melissa Rohan

Got an old pack pony that has greater resists than what stratics gives, found it let loose around luna a year or so ago. Someone clearing a stable i guess.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right heres a bigger list of rare pets:

Blaze Cu Sidhe
Purple Bunnies
Frost Spider that does fire dmg.
Hell hound Leader
Unicorns that eat meat
Kirins that eat meat
Phoenix birds (apparently they were tamable a very long time ago).
Silver Steed (Will be deleted on sight by GM)
Dark Steed (Deleted on sight by GM)
Ancient Wyrm (Deleted on sight by GM)
Dread Warhorse i guess since they arnt spawning atm.
Bright red and pink hellcats, they still spawn tho.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
blood red hell cat leaders?

pink (panther) hell cats?

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The brightly colored Hell Cats still spawn. I kill them regularly in the Kitsune Woods. It's just a somewhat rare spawn.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes i love my hellcats, i have a pack of 5, 2 normal red, 2 bright red and 1 pink. The bright red and pink are known as hellcat leaders although their stats do not differ unlike the old hellhound leaders.

The bright red spawns about 1 in every 50 hellcats and the pink ones are rarer than that.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, the bright cats are cute, love my ones :)

I have an old silver frenzy that's vegetarian.

Wenchy

L

Lunaticus

When did the unicorns stop eating meat? Mine's carnivorous, so I guess I just assumed they all were. Just out of curiosity, what's the going rate for one of these guys nowadays?

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still have my legacy white wyrm way back from 1999 when these bad boys used to auto loot kills for the owner :) Ahhhh those were the days!!!

M

miss_samara

Do they still delete the silver steeds? I have a guildie that dusted off a very old account and one of the chars was riding a silver steed. Thus, it wasn't in teh stables and didn't get deleted the first time.

I've seen him riding it around occasionally, so I don't think it's been deleted yet.

W

Wrathi

I have a legacy mare and dragon I've been training up lately.

For some reason I've started to dislike any of the newer pets simply because of the (what seems like to me) ******** AI they have. If I could get ahold of an old school WW on Napa I'd wet myself with excitement.

T

Turdnugget

Just curious, how effective is a pack of hell hounds? If they all had max resists and GM'd skills + the canine pack effect. Does their fire attack get augmented too?

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are very effective dmg wise especially, its just the ability to tank and lack of hitpoints which is their downfall. If you have a tamer with a bigger pet tanking then the hellhounds can put out some serious dmg.
They only have this problem with the much higher end monsters, my pack of 5 hellcats can eat cyclops and titans in about 5 seconds.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have Peace or Disco (or both :D), you can take out a very large amount of the monsters in game with a pack of hellhounds. Before they changed all the dragons, I used to use my Ossies to slaughter Ancient Wyrms in 8 seconds or less. Now they juts get eaten since the wyrm is so hard to bard. They take a discoed Swoop still faster than anything else I have, and I don't need to peace the Swoop. I've used my pack of small hellkittens to kill Swoops, too, recently, even though they only do half the damage.

Hell hounds do fire damage and have breath so they have spots where they do much better than ossies. I just like being able to ride in, disco the critter, then let it follow me into the waiting claws of death.

B

Bluebottle

I have lost of old pets, WW, Dragons, Nightmare, etc that are really really old... I was wondering if some are rare and worth something, and where I could find more information?.
Thanks!
Did anyone manage to retain any of the 10000 HP Llamas from about 6 years or more ago?

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone on the rare collectors forum is claiming to have tamed a Pig with 10000 HP the other day that he said he thinks an EM created. But he won't supply any proof of the creature existing or GM's saying its legit so the thread has been locked until he does.

tanotan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hiho,

i got a very very old nightmare in my stable, from the days when they began to start spawning. The courious thing with this mare is, that it has crazy resists. They are:

Physical 0 !!
Fire 65 !!! :loser: wow, compared to normal nightmares
Cold 37
Poison 40
Energy 35

What do u think about such a mare. Has anybody an idea, how many of those still exist?

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it will be awsome if nothing ever touches it hehe. Did you train it up?
give it to a alt or use it as your bank sitting bench...

Neat to have old creatures though...

tanotan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes that mare is great for bank - posing or - sitting. Best thing is, that it is a short hair mare. So it looks great. Does such a pet is worth anything?

JoO

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's my evil, mean and nasty imp duos resists and damage stats. I am going to get around to training them one day I swear.

tanotan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's my evil, mean and nasty imp duos resists and damage stats. I am going to get around to training them one day I swear.

Do you sell those animals? Would like to buy them