• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What MMO world would you want to live in?

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Title says it all. Just give a reason after you choose your answer.

Of course I am going to say Guild Wars 2. Not because I am the GW2 ME but because I want to.

GW2 enviroment is the closest thing I could possible say that mirrors something in real life. From running up steep hills, jumping across cliff edges, swimming under water and on top of it, the changing of day and night, and the views from areas in the game to just name a few. The land is just breathtaking and the enviroment is just amazing.

One final reason is I can just live in the city for lazy days and just talk to friends or enjoy my neighborhood. Also I can be an adventurer other days and risk my life to save the world. :) I can even decide I want to use my skills to craft something for friends if needed.

So don't be shy and give the readers of these forums your choice and why.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Not UO, because mongbats would constantly be biting your ankles. GW2 looks pretty interesting. Although its not an MMO, another beautiful/magical virtual world was created in Shadow of the Colossus.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*bangs head on computer desk* :p

Pick one brah! Only one MMO lol.

Rofl I should of known the Director of Content cant show favortism to one only.

Gah Im still laughing. :D

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Ha. Truthfully, I haven't played many fantasy MMOs. Kind of into First Person Shooters, and I'd die before living in any of those environments. They range from mostly sandy to only sandy.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
P.S. I pre-ordered GW2. Looking forward to it.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Free toast.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sweet! Now I have a target to look forward for. :p

Ok back on topic people. Come speak your voice of your favorite choice of a MMO you would want to live in :)

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They're all pretty grim.
Always one evil or another threatening everything good in the world.

So, I'm going to say Hello Kitty Online.
I haven't played it, but surely the worst thing that can happen in there is not getting hugs :D

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Though it isn't an MMO,I would most want to live in the Breath of Fire III world. Combining dragon gems(genes) to make powerful hybred dragons is fun to me. If not that game,I'd choose Suikoden II. Also not a MMO but it allows for the player to own a castle and has army vs army fights.

N

Noles

P.S. I pre-ordered GW2. Looking forward to it.
All the Stratics GW2 fans need to get a guild together once it releases!

I'm going to go with GW2 as well, for mostly the same reasons as you Zosimus.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All the Stratics GW2 fans need to get a guild together once it releases!

I'm going to go with GW2 as well, for mostly the same reasons as you Zosimus.
We all have to choose the same server and can we all coexist is the bigger question? lol

Our guild has not made a decision on a server yet since we have people all around the world and we may have to split it up for servers and share the guild on each server and just guest on those servers.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
for me its an independant MMO that never left the ground, yet i still google search to this day hoping something has happened: GoonWorld Online. a 1930's mafia/organized crime mmo. In my head it would be UO meets the 1930's. In actuality it never got far enough to even give any information about where it was headed. But god that would be my dream :)