• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What keeps you playing on Sonoma?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
besides the fact that it is the best shard in the game?

i ping best too it.

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
besides the fact that it is the best shard in the game?

i ping best too it.
Could not have put it any better myself.

Besides this is where I started off at, this is where I will remain until the end.

J

[JD]

the friends ive met, good ping/connection, and the daunting task of moving to another shard and pain of rebuilding

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i was thinking about this post earlier.

i think i should maybe clarify my answer a bit.
like hunter, i started here when they turned the server on, so im anchored by tradition as well as a decent ping, and the fact the my friends all play here.

that aside, i did get a chance to go out here over the last 3 years as we did a world tour with factions and i had the unique oportunity to play on every norther american shard.

to be honest after playing on every shard i still wouldnt move.
i have toons allready established on every shard, so i could easily just decide one day to not log into sonoma anymore and start playing somewhere else, but sonoma is home.

i do roam around from shard to shard when i cant find anything to do and i wast some action. but thats a guild thing. if we are on and we cant find someone to fight or if we dont wanna do any champs or anything then we simply pick another shard and go look there for some fun. i think thats one of the unique advantages of having a game that is so old to play, being able to establish yourself on other shards and go there for a night should you want too.

supose i should get back to work.

Atropos

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Came to Sonoma in mid 2000 from LS, better ping, friends were moving, particualrly one everyone has forgot about named BreeOge, he was a couselor n was like man u have to come to Sonoma. It was pre Tram I think, I remember moon stones n never having a flippn house for years. Bree gave me one next to the guard shack N of Brit, stayed there for ever till I got a keep last year. Made some really great friends, dont wanna bother trying to start over, I dont even wanna start over on test HAHA! I log LS every now n then to laugh at my toons outfits there I left on them from 1999. Ya get kinda attached to ppl n places, I mean what would we do w/o Thrax razzing noobs, Love Spirit n Matthew (where has he been lately?) creeping ppl out n pizzn em off with packies in the bank n Geisha's big sale every weekend, man I love this place!

T

ThraximusZog

ha I remember BreeOgre. Didn't you used 2 own Sonoma Notepads? (THE BEST FORUM FOR SONOMA BACK IN THE DAY)

Also if by "Razz'n Nub Jobs" you mean showing them the true enlighten way of how to play, then yes I did Razz the crap outta a few generations.

Why I play Sonoma? its simple: Because when Poo sat next to me at some EM event, and I was being drunk and disorderly as usual with my comrades. The GM mistakenly thought POO was me and the GM changed his name into something like Isreal (i think). At any rate, way for him to take the bullet for me...one of the best un-paid bodyguards iv ever had!

Atropos

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont remember if he ran notepads, he might have. He had 10-12 accts way back in the day but quit a few years ago n all the houses dropped cept one he gave to a friend. Dunno why he quit, prolly wanted to be a GM n got shot down. NE WAY! Noobs need to feel some pain, cant hand it all to em!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ha I remember BreeOgre. Didn't you used 2 own Sonoma Notepads? (THE BEST FORUM FOR SONOMA BACK IN THE DAY)

Also if by "Razz'n Nub Jobs" you mean showing them the true enlighten way of how to play, then yes I did Razz the crap outta a few generations.

Why I play Sonoma? its simple: Because when Poo sat next to me at some EM event, and I was being drunk and disorderly as usual with my comrades. The GM mistakenly thought POO was me and the GM changed his name into something like Isreal (i think). At any rate, way for him to take the bullet for me...one of the best un-paid bodyguards iv ever had!
Wangstien

ya, he changed my name to Wangstien.
just cause that damn event plopped you randomlly in any chair and you couldnt switch, and where did i get put.... ya..... right beside Mr. Personallity.

that night so sucked.

granted.
it was fun getting banned for telling the GM what i really thought of him.
then getting unbanned cause they understood why i was mad.

then getting all my names changed.
then making new toons with the old name.

what a fun time that was.

B

BreeOge

LoL Just happened to run across this post with my name in it. LoL yes I used to run Sonoma-Notepads.com and I was a companion and an Elder and Seer on Lake Sup back before they canceled the program. I guess it’s good that people still remember me. I left UO simply due to I didn’t like were the game was heading, too many expansions, not enough people etc., became all about the items and not the skill. I am still around MMoRPG’ing it up. I currently Play World of Warcraft and EvE online, but still think about UO every now and then. Nice to see some people still play Ultima Online that I used to play with. I have thought about coming back to check it out a bit, but I would have to buy all the expansions ugh! Its nice to see some old names again!

FYI: Defiantly know who Atropos is!

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good ping, great powerscrolls farming shard. Laughs when I see noobs typing in capital letters on general chat.

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is only one group that farms power scrolls on Sonoma and you are not in it.

You can stop trying to convince noobs you have any impact on Sonoma at all. We all laugh at your pitiful attempt.

You don't play Sonoma.

You got chased off the shard with the rest of your noobs..accept your "I am nothing" role and be happy.

Stay off of Sonoma and stay in in Tram. :thumbsup:

Obey.

T

ThraximusZog

Bree, I remember you guys thru the Golgotha/ZOG war.

you always hung around that soulstealer guy. (before he passed away)

R.I.P. Tommy Tom Tom, you will be missed.... *sips brandy out of a Golgothan skull* (im sure he would be cool with it lol)

B

BreeOge

Yup, I remember Soulstealer I didn't ever know he passed away! Wow yea he will be missed, me and him ran everywhere!

L

Lady Sorelia

Hello

I have been a member now for many years and played on Sonoma for most of it. I also have played on Catskills for a short time.

What I like about Sonoma are the helpful people. There are so many talented people on this shard that it makes for quality in game experiences. The guilds are well put together for the most part and very active.

T

ThraximusZog

What I like about sonoma is that I keep getting older and the new players stay the same!

^_^

T

Tanglewood

Well, admittedly I havent played in years... but Sonoma did kick every other shards ass back in the day.

This is mainly a message for you BreeOge. I think I do remember you (nothing in particular sorry to say, but I do remember your name). My brother and I shared an account(s) way back in the day. His main character was Mythos (arch companion of Sonoma at some point (as well as arch counselor of Oceania) and we shared volunteering duties. He did most of it and was an elder after retiring from being arch (or regional?) counselor on Oceania, but I can't remember whether we were an elder on Sonoma. Anyhow, our main player characters were on sonoma as that is the shard we started on and I'm certain we would have gotten up to shennanigans at some point together back in the day (as my brother was nice and let me play his main from time to time).

But I was wondering if I could ask a favour of you (or anyone else reading this that is able to help). I've been trying to bulk up the info on the volunteering wiki on the UO Guide. There really wasn't much there to begin with until I started adding a few days ago, and I've been trying to contribute what I can remember - my memory is a little hazy in some places since it was so long ago (and I was technically only 14/15 back in 1999/2000). Would you (or anyone else) maybe be interested in adding something there?

I was thinking it would be good to actually have a detailed record of the volunteering system (and experiences) as it is something so unique in online gaming and because it really helps to highlight how much the game and the community has changed over the years for those who did not play prior to Third Dawn or Blackthorne's revenge. It would help show the history of the game and how it has evolved.

Sounds as though Sonoma is still going strong though! Tis good news! I think I may actually check it out again one day, even despite the fact that i'd be reverting to a complate newb again since it's changed so much.

L

LoL/Sonoma

I started on Sonoma at launch and have always loved it. However, given the *free* opportunity to switch servers to a more populous server i probably would. The game is not as fun with so few people (since my chars cant solo anything =) )

Would hate to leave all the awesome people on Sonoma though.

T

ThraximusZog

If everyone accepts me as their king ill make the server fun again. If not, best of luck party peoplez

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
haha! This guy is King...get real both of you!

On topic...I keep playing because my ass is too lazy to go other places....Guess finally got a char over to Pac...haha!

Jagerstadt

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
haha! This guy is King...get real both of you!

On topic...I keep playing because my ass is too lazy to go other places....Guess finally got a char over to Pac...haha!
I can't believe you're still playing this game, let alone on Sonoma. :p

R

rmsroach

Tis where I was born, thus where I will rest after death. [oh yah, we have infinite lives...nm]

:D