• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is your PING?

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Instructions here. The button to the left of the blank box says "test your linke to UO"

Host Name IP Address Hop Ping Time Ping Avg % Loss Pkts r/s Ping best/worst
easo.ea.com 159.153.234.54 18ms 45ms 0% 31 / 31 18ms / 720ms

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Host Name IP Address Hop Ping Time Ping Avg % Loss Pkts r/s Ping best/worst
easo.ea.com 159.153.234.54 27ms 28ms 0% 31 / 31 26ms / 38ms

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh I knew it! Catching wifi off my new Comcast router is giving me a best and worst of 18ms / 720ms..... no wonder it seemed so gosh darn slow. Worse lag than 56K and I"ve had a Verizon DSL for the past three years before getting a cable modem. FIOS was great but I moved to an affluent residential area to an apartment.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh I knew it! Catching wifi off my new Comcast router is giving me a best and worst of 18ms / 720ms..... no wonder it seemed so gosh darn slow. Worse lag than 56K and I"ve had a Verizon DSL for the past three years before getting a cable modem. FIOS was great but I moved to an affluent residential area to an apartment.
running that particular test is not a good indication of your connection b/c it's a quick snapshot. you should run a traceroute then poll for several minutes. the problem with comcast is you are sharing the bandwidth with everyone else in your apartment complex.