• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What Is Wrong?

• Thread starter imported_Calina.Rhiannon
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

I have a great computer which I just got more RAM for and upgraded the graphics card. I can run Star Wars Galaxies, all kinds of programs and such and my system is great with no issues.

However, I log into EAL and even though people say they aren't lagging, when I type even the words I type are delayed on my screen. I've been back in game for about a month now and it hasn't behaved like this until about three days ago. Defrag, CC Cleaner, Disk Cleanup, Spyware Scan and Virus Scan... and nothing!

Any ideas on how to help this lag? I tried setting the game to RealTime and my computer crashed.

G

Well the lag issues have been a major issue with all the cities being merged. They are rebooting the server 2-3 times a day to try and catch the problem. I know they are working on it, but no fix has been posted as of yet. Pretty much what you have done is all I do to help with the lag issues. Sometimes the lag just gets so bad that nothing helps.

My theory is now you have so many people playing on 1 server... this is what is causing the lag. But, I am not with the dev team so it's just a theory.

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

Yeah, when I heard that's what was being done I'd figured that it would cause some sort of lag. I just thought it was odd that all these people are telling me that they aren't lagging. In the meantime I can't even participate in conversation because after I type a sentence, I watch the letters slowly appear and then get entered into chat.

G

Hi hun, its me.... stay out of full houses. The lag is not so bad except for the houses with 30 people in them. Come by and say hi.

I

imported_Qute Pi

I noticed I get less lag at lots with less ppl.

G

That is true. Less people in the house means less lag usually. All I know is when the lag hits hard, it doesn't matter if you are at a house with 3 people or 30... almost everyone gets the lag then.