• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is up with the new rules to the house placement tool??????

Shadeweaver

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I was trying to see if a castle would fit in a spot, and maybe placing one there and instead of a castle going down in the spot like normal, it says "true" were the chat usually is. Even if I wanted to place a frigging small workshop it won't let me, just says true???? WTF??

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It’s a new feature because of the house placement script a few people use

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah, real great feature especially since it penalizes people trying to resize their own freaking homes :rolleyes:

Also I spent a week trying to resize my 14X15 (was pretty sure it could go to a 15x18) but now I can only fit an 8x10 in it's spot.
Go figure.

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
I was thinking they should put a bunch of barrels in front of you that you have to break through before using tool but this seems umm less interesting...

Shadeweaver

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Also the not being able to place when a corpse is in the placement area need to go!! A$$hats are using this tactic to summon necro pet and killing it so no one can place there, or only small houses like 7x7 can be placed in multiple areas. So here is what happens now, they are catering to the UO Store owners like UOKing, they have 7 or 8 bots there ready to place, take another char summon and kill so corpse blocks castle placement then they place a bunch of small ones and then wait a few days and then take down at like 3am and place a castle. SO, is there anyone that is not a rich a$$ store owner that can afford a bunch of bot accounts to do this??? NOOOOO so why cater to these guys, it really screws over the regular player. We will never be able to place keeps or castles anymore. I watched this happen recently on Atlantic with that Ice Island Castle that fell. Even if you got a small house in there with the other guys the most you could hope for is a good payday to sell to the store owners. They make $2500 per castle on Atlantic, if it is a nice spot like Ice island then they make more. Is Messana getting kickback from these guys, because everything they do helps them more and more???? Just MHO.

Shadeweaver

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Your looking at 41Plat and 600 Million gold at that price?? I don't know what the answer is but these guys are ruining a game I dearly love. Anyone have solutions? We are doctors, lawyers, artists, game designers, modelers, cooks, chefs, disabled people and/or a million other jobs!! Someone has to have an idea, maybe a Java script guru that is honest can help. Lets stop the Stores from ruining our game. I don't mind paying gold for things I want and need in game but will no longer pay for stuff on an online store front that are illegal according to the ULA.