• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is trainable?

A

Ansio

Hello,

I have just returned to Uo after many years. My question is on training. What is trainable on a greater dragon? Is it just skills, or can resistances and stats be trained as well. Things like Hit points, Dex, Str, etc.

Thanks

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HP's are locked at taming...half of pre-tame level. The stats, with the exception of dexterity, are locked as well. The dex can be trained up to 125. On skills, everything OTHER than magery can be trained up, magery is locked at tamed level as well. Resistances are also what they are at taming...they will not move up.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just trained magery to GM on a war horse not that long ago, you mean it's not trainable over GM?

R

RichDC

I just trained magery to GM on a war horse not that long ago, you mean it's not trainable over GM?
No pets magery can be trained above GM, In fact no pet can be trained in any mage related skill above GM. Nor poisoning.

The GD is the only pet who will train any skill higher than GM, all others(hiryu's for example) are capped at post tame +GM skill.

Exception being...if they die. You can train back the lost points.

Example GD with 120magery dies 5times...119.5 magery, this will train back to 120

Rune beetle with 120eval dies 10 times...119 Eval, this will train back to 120

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any pet with a skill above GM when fresh tamed, that skill level, what ever it is, and in whichever skill, becomes its cap in that skill. You can train back to it if the pet dies, but not above it.

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No pets magery can be trained above GM, In fact no pet can be trained in any mage related skill above GM. Nor poisoning.

The GD is the only pet who will train any skill higher than GM, all others(hiryu's for example) are capped at post tame +GM skill.

Exception being...if they die. You can train back the lost points.

Example GD with 120magery dies 5times...119.5 magery, this will train back to 120

Rune beetle with 120eval dies 10 times...119 Eval, this will train back to 120
Some Reptalons have melee skills that have gone over GM i think.