• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) What is the learning curve of playing S.A.?

• Thread starter Elbryan Uthador
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
E

Elbryan Uthador

I am reactivating my account and I wonder how steep the learning curve is with the new expansion(s)?

I last played around 2 years ago.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No big curve at all, at least in my opinion. The mini spawns mostly are all stuff we have had in game. There are a few new additions in the mini's but not that bad. About the only tuff one you could run into in the Abyss is Slasher of the Veils, ya he's tuff & has a few spec moves (should say paralyzing moves to a player) & so do some of the small critters in the Mini Spawn area's. Best advice I could give is check out Stratics Main page on the left under Expansions & Boosters the [FONT=MS Sans Serif, Arial, Helvetica] Stygian Abyss tab & quick glance through it. The only thing that could be time consuming is learning to Imbue. That could take a little time. The rest is a piece of cake & should come easy for you. GL & enjoy, there is a large area in the Abyss to explore[/FONT]

C

Cloak&Dagger

No big curve at all, at least in my opinion. The mini spawns mostly are all stuff we have had in game. There are a few new additions in the mini's but not that bad. About the only tuff one you could run into in the Abyss is Slasher of the Veils, ya he's tuff & has a few spec moves (should say paralyzing moves to a player) & so do some of the small critters in the Mini Spawn area's. Best advice I could give is check out Stratics Main page on the left under Expansions & Boosters the [FONT=MS Sans Serif, Arial, Helvetica] Stygian Abyss tab & quick glance through it. The only thing that could be time consuming is learning to Imbue. That could take a little time. The rest is a piece of cake & should come easy for you. GL & enjoy, there is a large area in the Abyss to explore[/FONT]
Unless he means to include the new client? In which case I am not sure how to scale that.

E

Elbryan Uthador

Cloak‡1863734 said:
Unless he means to include the new client? In which case I am not sure how to scale that.
I am using the old client. I feel much more comfortable with it.

Plus I don't get to upgrade my computer til tax time. :(

C

Cloak&Dagger

I am using the old client. I feel much more comfortable with it.

Plus I don't get to upgrade my computer til tax time. :(
Well then. The learning curve is barely noticeable in that case. :) Sorry about the bad luck with not being able to upgrade the computer yet :(

On the other hand tax time is not to far away :D