What is the exact opposite of Siege Perilous?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 12, 2008
One think more, fire fields, poison fields and others like this should damage and unhide hidden chars, it do not make sense, that you can stand hidden in a poison field without getting hurt.
They do damage and have a chance of revealing stealthers.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Stonehaven
siegeperilous.net
That's odd... Poison fields poison the heck out of me when I have stealthed into them. Unless there has been a recent change, that's how it has always been.

Last edited:

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Ontario, Canada baby!!
I agree we need recall, but with around 30 sec delay, so you can get interrupted.

Stealth need to be nerfed, maybe disable smoke bombs on Siege. Also a crafter do not need to be able to run when using stealth, even a Ninja should not be able to run when stealthing.

One think more, fire fields, poison fields and others like this should damage and unhide hidden chars, it do not make sense, that you can stand hidden in a poison field without getting hurt.
I have played a ton of shards (both EA and non EA) over the last 14 years. The only shard that has stealth on almost every template is Siege Perilous. The shards with Siege Perilous ruleset do not have the same issue with it and really just thieves or certain rp groups (orcs) use it with any regularity. PK's can rack up the counts even with recall. Good pvmers learn that recall is your friend. Sometimes you get away or sometimes the PK get's your loot. No delay timer is required but having the magery skill w/ no use of recall scrolls should be a given. Anyways...food for thought :)

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 16, 2008
actually freja is correct and it has always been this way. If you have the poisoning skill and you eat an orange petal, you will not get poisoned unless there is a deadly poison field casted.

and the reason other shards dont have issues with stealth is because they all have passive reveal.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 17, 2007
If a blue steps into a red chars field it will dmg them and vice versa. If a blue steps into another blues it won't do anything.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Stonehaven
siegeperilous.net
actually freja is correct and it has always been this way. If you have the poisoning skill and you eat an orange petal, you will not get poisoned unless there is a deadly poison field casted.

and the reason other shards dont have issues with stealth is because they all have passive reveal.
Actually, freja didn't mention a thing about petals. Of course they will work, but without them most stealthers without resist are going to be poisoned and revealed. Even weaker poisons will eventually poison you. Not sure what the numbers are, but there's a bigger chance that it won't.

I believe Kael was speaking about the unmentionable places on the stealth issue. I can't speak for all, but the 2 I tried didn't have passive reveal and you rarely saw templates with stealth. Even I didn't put it on mine on the 2 shards I tried and I'm all about the stealthiness! :D

Also, the Ninja, Bushido, Pally and Necro skills are not available, which keeps some of the more overpowered templates out of the game. I"m not a big fan of that since I happen to enjoy a few of those templates, but there are no stealth, ninja, tamers on the ones I've tried. For the record, I am not promoting these places. I'm just saying some of them have gotten rid of some of the big issues that plague our beloved game. Then again, with a game this intricate, it's difficult to keep everything balanced no matter where you play.

Reactions: Kael and kelmo

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Ontario, Canada baby!!
Kitty Kat is right ! People just don't run stealth templates the same way on other "shards". Tamer's still in pvp but thats another story lol

Reactions: Kat

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Apr 12, 2001
Denmark
They do damage and have a chance of revealing stealthers.
Not it target is blue and you are blue. If you both are orange or you are red, yes they do damage

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
Most of the things folks are mentioning exist on other shards. Let's not make Siege like other shards.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
No. I meant what I said.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Stonehaven
siegeperilous.net

Most of the things folks are mentioning exist on other shards. Let's not make Siege like other shards.[/QUOTE]

You mean a healthy and active player base?

With the exception of a healthy and active player base, Siege already feels like Trammel on other shards. Don't kid yourself, Kelmo. There isn't all that much difference between here and there anymore.

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Apr 12, 2001
Denmark
Point taken. We're so used to being orange we forget how being blue works! lol I'm not sure I have ever fought much on a blue character.
When I went from red to blue, it annoyed me alot, that I could not damage hidden blue, I really hated it.

Chump Thumper

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Feb 24, 2013
You mean a healthy and active player base?
Thats Comical, Stealth is the killer on siege. or i guess not killer cuz u cant find anyone, you can also argue well make detect hidden more powerfull when people do everything stealthed and you never know they are there you would then need tracking too, then you would never kill anyone

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 28, 2003
United States
Thats Comical, Stealth is the killer on siege. or i guess not killer cuz u cant find anyone, you can also argue well make detect hidden more powerfull when people do everything stealthed and you never know they are there you would then need tracking too, then you would never kill anyone
From your name I assume your a pker. Stealth makes killing everyone else logged on difficult for you and kills your fun. Understandable. *shrugs*

You do realize our not having Stealth would have you slaughtering us left right & kitty-korner and killing our fun, If we're having no fun playing on Siege because we're getting killed way to much, then we wander back to prodo where we can have fun, and you drive away your prey.

Unless you pkers can convince EA to hire employees to run around Siege as prey for you, you need to let your prey do something they enjoy, which likely isn't finding healers to get rezzed, getting new gear because they were dry looted, and losing whatever work they had accomplished up until some pker got off on them. Both pker & prey need to be having fun on Siege.

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 12, 2008
So a character with both detect and tracking can't kill people?

Reactions: kelmo

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Ontario, Canada baby!!
huh?

Chump Thumper

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Feb 24, 2013
So a character with both detect and tracking can't kill people?

if you dont understand how having detect hidden and tracking wont help as much either re read bos posts or go fight someone with hidng and ninjitsu if they have half a brain you will never be able to kill them

This Whole debate is comical, People say they dont want stealth taken away because they would die, Uhh your on siege!!!!! your supposed to be bad to the bone. thats why you play siege not trammel. Its so funny your afraid youll be slaughtered so no we cant take stealth away, Crafters can fight back too I started out a as a crafter in december of 97 learned to defend myself against the horrible pk. If your truely want the siege benefits then stealth should be severly nerfed. if you want to just have your own shard how it is care bearish then keep stealth and your delusion

one of my pvp characters i have doesnt have stealth just hiding and ninjitsu people complain all the time how hard he is to kill cuz i time things right like bo mentioned above.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 28, 2003
United States
# Chump Thumper

I don't run Ninjitsu, just Hiding & Stealth along with typically the four magery skills and whatever I toss into a 230 point skill window, a couple barding skills or Spellweaving & Wrestling for gathering typically. Come hunt down my normally horse riding visible hide or is it to much effort for a lazy pker? I put forth an effort and work for my rewards, you should have to put forth an effort and work for your (my) rewards as well.

Playing on Siege carries the risk of dying, yeah we prey types know that, we're still playing Siege, we have the pineapples to risk getting killed and looted as part of play on Siege, if we didn't we'd be playing prodo tram. If your not up to playing a hunter of other players unless it's really easy, then I guess you best go play prodo fel where the easy trammie targets might be wandering around helplessly.

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 12, 2008
if you dont understand how having detect hidden and tracking wont help as much either re read bos posts or go fight someone with hidng and ninjitsu if they have half a brain you will never be able to kill them
I've been running gm tracking/detect on Shay for the past 10 years, there is very little that I don't understand about these skills. Stealthers die, fight openly, or run away visibly, it only helps them so much. Not sure why people think stealth is so evil.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Apr 12, 2001
Denmark
Stealth is not evil but damn annoying, when you red line someone and they smoke bomb and stealth away :p

Reactions: VinnySP

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 28, 2003
United States
Stealth is not evil but damn annoying, when you red line someone and they smoke bomb and stealth away :p
For us that scene is damn thrilling, we get jumped by surprise, are getting ripped the fabled new one, yet get away alive with a mere pixel or two of healthbar left. Must be a matter of viewpoint. :D

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Stonehaven
siegeperilous.net
I've seen Ru kill people with ease while running hiding and stealth. I'm not sure why someone with tracking and detect [and knows how to use it] couldn't do the same. I guess it's a matter of skill.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
I miss the Kat avatar.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
Ya banned yerself? Nice!

Chump Thumper

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Feb 24, 2013
I've seen Ru kill people with ease while running hiding and stealth. I'm not sure why someone with tracking and detect [and knows how to use it] couldn't do the same. I guess it's a matter of skill.
I guess ill be more clear,

I dont like stealth because it in a way makes the shard trammel, for previous mentioned reaosns someone said then i would be slaughtered.

Stealth is used largely on this shard to hide and care bear.

Can ru with his detect hidden and tracking easily kill someone with ninjitsu? Im not sure if peopel didnt understand what bo was say or what. But all you have to do is Smoke bomb and walk away yes ru can follow that but then when he can detect again the timers over and now bo could hide. if someone else reveals the bo he smoke bombs. Just using these names for example

Stealth makes siege like trammel. If your strong and buff and as bad to the bone as you say you are because you play siege. and want the old ruleset you dont hide all day. pre trammel I didnt have to detect hidden people

People come to siege and leave siege, I did in major part because as bo mentioned I dont want to hunt for someone for 8 hours. because everyone is stealthed.

I would have no problem with stealth if it wasnt being used to never be seen. so you will never run into a pk etc. its being over used and a large hurt imo

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Apr 12, 2001
Denmark
For us that scene is damn thrilling, we get jumped by surprise, are getting ripped the fabled new one, yet get away alive with a mere pixel or two of healthbar left. Must be a matter of viewpoint. :D
Now it was Vinny I was thinking of here, not a crafter I tryed to kill :p

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 28, 2003
United States
Stealth is used largely on this shard to hide and care bear.
Hiding and Stealthing up on someone in ambush to kill them is carebear?

Hiding and Stealthing up on someone to steal from them is carebear?

Carebear is just finding a way to do the gathering and crafting every shard needs done without being endlessly wiped out non stop by someone who's only apparent jollies in playing UO is pking everyone he can?

Carebear is wanting to do something in game besides giving pkers their jollies nonstop?

Carebear is using game skills to not be an easy target and make being pked a challenge for the pker types?

Can ru with his detect hidden and tracking easily kill someone with ninjitsu? Im not sure if peopel didnt understand what bo was say or what. But all you have to do is Smoke bomb and walk away yes ru can follow that but then when he can detect again the timers over and now bo could hide. if someone else reveals the bo he smoke bombs. Just using these names for example
You make a pretty good case here for smoke bombs being the real problem. Lets ban those instead. I'm sure ambushers and thieves would prefer it as well as those who don't want to go through endless healer hunting for rezzes and instead get the gathering and crafting done so people can have stuff they want & need to enjoy the game.

Stealth makes siege like trammel. If your strong and buff and as bad to the bone as you say you are because you play siege. and want the old ruleset you dont hide all day. pre trammel I didnt have to detect hidden people
Knock knock on that closed one track mind. There's more to having an active shard than killing everyone because your bad to the bone. A lot of us don't claim to be bad to the bone at anything more than doing the gathering and crafting that needs to be done to keep a shard economy going.

Pre trammel... yeah that time in the game when the mindless pkers were ruining their fun by driving all their prey out of the game by getting their jollies so much that anyone else in the game couldn't have any fun. The time pkers drove Origin Systems to create Trammel to give the paying customers they were losing because of pkers somewhere to go besides away from the game. The same behavior by pkers that has resulted in every game facet added to the game being tram ruleset instead of fel ruleset. The same behavior behind why their are 24 of 26 shards with near deserted fel facets that EA has to endlessly try and bait people to even visit. The last two Siege and Mugen have even fewer players than the other 24 shards because most players want to do more than pk. You want to turn Siege into pre tram UO and get your jollies for the couple days it would take for every non pker to move back to prodo to do something besides die to pkers who lack the raisins to take on a PvPer?

People come to siege and leave siege, I did in major part because as bo mentioned I dont want to hunt for someone for 8 hours. because everyone is stealthed.
Then toss a couple hundred skill points into Detect Hidden and Tracking. You know, those two skills UO provides to counter Hiding & Stealth? Try pking using tactics instead of brute force, the challenge might be fun. Apparently Kat's enjoyed it for ten years.

I would have no problem with stealth if it wasnt being used to never be seen. so you will never run into a pk etc. its being over used and a large hurt imo
Your revealed and visable by riding a horse to move around the game faster.

Your revealed and visable every time you speak.

Your revealed every time you cast a spell while hunting.

It's only a large hurt to the game for those who don't want to fight a fight they might lose. They won't take on a PvPer who has just as much combat skills as they have. They have to have 720 combat skill points vs someone with only a few hundred skill points of combat skills because the rest are in gathering and crafting skills. That will let them stomp their opponent into the ground and then they'll do that old fel pker routine from back in the old days of dancing around and claiming they owned you and what manly mighty studs they are.

*laughs* what ballsy gutless wonder types so many of you pkers play.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
Chump, would ya like a special day were folks just lined up to be PKed? I could likely put a lil sumthin; sumthin' together for ya.

Many PKs just do not get it. We, the population of Siege, do not want to get PKed. Who does? You? Do you like to lose? I do not.

We have a few options. We can try to become efficient at fighting back. Some have chosen this option. Gil Nation has made significant strides in this area. Come play on Sunday afternoons.

I am trying to get back into the swing of things. I left PvP with disgust when greater dragons and faction artifacts became the norm.

Many of us do not choose that route. They choose to survive. If hiding and stealth is part of surviving... well they win.

If you are a PKer... well then. PK.

If you are a survivor... well then use what ever skills you have to survive.

We get busted all the time. Saying we are Trammies. Here we are. On Siege. Risking it all, as a choice.

We stay. You boring ass pkers and wanna be PvPers leave all the time. Seriously, we keep Seige alive. The players here. Not you wanna be killers. None of you are worth a damn. None of you make Siege what it is.

I am a little out there on this one. I choose the folks I know.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
If you want to kill us. Learn how.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Ontario, Canada baby!!
The problem with stealthing...no one ever see's another player. Making a slow shard seem even slower. I took advantage of stealth as well for my faction char- but that was also when factions were busy and I wanted to be a ninja jumping out of the shadows for the ambush !

They wouldn't need to even remove the stealthing skill. Could actually just implement it the same as it was before. Need to reengage the skill every certain amount of steps instead of instantly doing it for you. I still believe that if they readded the recall spell here people would play shown templates more knowing they had a reasonable avenue to escape if someone attempted to pk them.

Last edited:

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Stonehaven
siegeperilous.net
The problem with stealthing...no one ever see's another player. Making a slow shard seem even slower. I took advantage of stealth as well for my faction char- but that was also when factions were busy and I wanted to be a ninja jumping out of the shadows for the ambush !

They wouldn't need to even remove the stealthing skill. Could actually just implement it the same as it was before. Need to reengage the skill every certain amount of steps instead of instantly doing it for you. I still believe that if they readded the recall spell here people would play shown templates more knowing they had a reasonable avenue to escape if someone attempted to pk them.

The recall spell would, no doubt, be just as frustrating as smoke bombs. Either way, the target escapes free and clear. Remember factoin runes? Extremely frustrating!

I also have a hard time believing that so many people use stealth it makes the shard look empty. I see no reason to use hide/stealth or smoke bombs unless I am shopping and purchasing a big ticket item or someone attacks me. I'm not about to stealth all over this shard while I am going from one location to another. It doesn't just LOOK that way. The shard IS dead. I am seriously about to shut it all down myself. I think I've held much longer than I should have. It's just a waste of money at this point.

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 19, 2007
1. Pet pvp is lame, everyone agrees pets are way op.
2. detect hidden sucks, and there is no passive reveal on siege. You can detect someone than they hide again, rinse and repeat. It is useless. So you reveal the Bo, the Bo just smokebombs, ok now your friends reveal Bo so bo runs off screen hides again. So you and 2 friends have Bo boxed in and all 3 of you reveal bo one at a time. Bo smoke bombs once, casts mirror images and shadowstrikes them, no timer on that, than smoke bombs off the last reveal. Detect hidden should be set where once you are revealed you cant hide again for a certain amount time. (like 45 seconds) not just the stupid action timer.
3. Stealth is way too easy, so it costs a few skill points but it ensures a 90% survival rate. And that % goes higher with people that understand how to use it see number 2. Bo actually coined the term easy button for smoke bombs, cause in order to survive you just press 1 button and you are gone.
4. Pet pvp sucks
5. Bo doesnt agree with any extra blessed items, those damn spellbooks should be removed! funny you and yours never want to mention those. And blessed pets should count as your blessed item on siege, meaning you could bless one. Running around with 2 blessed pets, a super blessed spellbook and whatever else you can think of to use your siege bless on is just stupid.
6&7. Players get faction items cause they take the risk of being attackable everywhere even in town. Risk vs reward the items are there to be had. If you wanted them you could easily get them by joinin factions. All you had to do is avoid the people that would kill you, guess what you are doing that anyways. The VvV aspect its a waste cause there is nothing to fight over. Sure it is easy, whats the point of Bo doing any VvV??? for deco? ahahaah

Bo's 2cents -- Seems like revvo wants freedom and playing a prodo shard doesnt give you that. Freedom to attack anyone anywhere. One player per account lets you know who is who without them being able to hide behind 6 other character names. It seems to bo that the only kind of pvp that takes place anymore is NO LOOT PVP, guess what it is actually working. ya know why cause like bo said years ago people dont like to lose the **** they work hard to get. And on siege you gotta work doubly hard to get that ****. All of this could have been cured with one word. INSURANCE.
just sayn, as much as I am for the purity of siege, maybe bo is right.....insurance is seeming like its gonna be the only was we get more players to come here to siege. if its up to the average siege player or siege players as a whole.....what do you want more? everyone has their own preference as far as gameplay goes. some like the status qou, some want more pvp, some want more crafting. the longer I play here, the more it seems to me if you want a larger population, insurance is looking like the magic ticket.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Stonehaven
siegeperilous.net
just sayn, as much as I am for the purity of siege, maybe bo is right.....insurance is seeming like its gonna be the only was we get more players to come here to siege. if its up to the average siege player or siege players as a whole.....what do you want more? everyone has their own preference as far as gameplay goes. some like the status qou, some want more pvp, some want more crafting. the longer I play here, the more it seems to me if you want a larger population, insurance is looking like the magic ticket.

I hate the idea of it, but I would rather see Siege thrive again than remain stubborn about not having insurance here. I can get behind insurance here as long as it isn't tied to our bank accounts. Draining some newbie's bank account [or MINE for that matter] whilst rez-killing them is pretty lame, IMO.

I think maybe having the ability to Siege Bless all equipped items, individually, would be a better way to go, but I wouldn't dig my heels in on that. I would support insurance at this point.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Nov 18, 2014
Looking for a wandering healer
What if there was a compromise? Instead of insurance, increase the Siege Bless to 3 items? New players could bless to jewels and a weapon this way, vets could bless a high end apron, talismans, weapon, or something. How about that?

I understand the desire to bring in more players, but Siege appeals to me BECAUSE it is different. The characters and items I have here are a fraction of prodo, but I play here every single day. When Vinnie and Igg and I key and kill a peerless or do Harrower, it seems to be so much more meaningful than doing it on prodo. I would prefer to see options in place that address the concerns listed without moving Siege's mechanics closer to prodo.

Just my two cents.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 28, 2003
United States
*you read the faint smoke signals rising up from over the distant hills*

How about worn gear is protected, a main weapon can use the single Siege Bless, everything else is fair game for thieves and looting.

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 19, 2007
I am always alittle reluctant to speak at times because its almost better if I just don't. I mean I wasn't here when siege was booming but I know I has little chance of being like that again if nothing changes. as much as we(generaly speaking) hate change, whatever has happened to this point to make siege grow in population.....is not working.

i did really like bo's example about the pets and spellbook.there should be some kind of compromise there. also kat was sayn about the rez killing. maybe the insurance could work in terms of the way we gain justice(every 8 min) or something similar. idk i am just throwing a few small ideas out there.

i have mentioned this before as well, if the devs were to make certain things exclusive to siege, that may drive the population as well. examples being craftable rare house deco, unique color dye tubs (for hair, items or pets). extra housing storage(customizable basements or keep and castle placement on any facet). we could increase the drop rate on doom artis and legendary items on bosses so the rotation and sale of said items are replaced alittle easier in the event they are lost. vvv arties would be most welcome as well. or how bout and item copy idea? say i got a legendary item id love to never loose, ill just item copy it with a cooldown timer of 24 hours after it is lost. it can only be looted by the person/monster that killed you, it can only be copied once. and the looters copy disappears after the 24 hours is up.

i don't want to get everyones panties in a bunch or get eveyone to probe all these ideas under a miscroscope. im just sayn if your average UO player said, "hey i can do blah blah blah on siege, but not prodo...id rather play there" its a start, even if its 1 out of every 10 players.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 16, 2008
Ok a few thoughts and clarifications on Bo's ideas. Now not all of these are bo's ideas but these are what bo's has thought would work best.
1. Insurance - dont just copy and paste prodos to siege. Bad idea, it would have to be tweaked. Only a couple of items, maybe like 4 or so. Make all gear antique so it decays relatively quick, cept all types of arties and items from tokens. Those fancy spellbooks and pets have to be blessed if you want to keep them (even a horse). Ethies and vet rewards stay blessed.
2. Bump up crafting tables, Bo thinks the loot from monsters is currently good, but the stuff you can make is mostly crap. Do something with refinements, what a waste.
3. Nuke half of the land mass. there is just too much land mass currently, too many dungeons, cities, ish, malas, termur, fel, tokuno and they are adding more. Seriously way too land. Sure you willy nillies will say just line us up to pk us, that would not be the case. There would still be more than enough land out there.
4. Governors should have more power over there towns. Guards and VvV should be able to be turned on and off for a price. Guards should cost money and to turn off VvV you should have to pay for more special guards to not have it in your town. Governors should be able to hire sheriff and finance minster to help control parts of the town. Like different rates on sellables, all profit raised from these sellables could be used to finance these ideas. Now you could take donations of items (like ingots) so you could sell armor cheaper.
5. Bo likes the idea of making siege different somehow just not sure how.
6. Put passive detect on siege. It is too easy for the Bo to sneak up and destroy people.

These are just Bo's ideas. You dont like them post something better.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
*chuckles* The PKers want insurance... Go figure.

I have always been for crafters making the best gear around. Monster loot should be good. A "specialized" Master crafter should be able to make legendary items. In the one field they are expert in. No crafter should be a walmart.

Land mass... I dunno. I hear what yer saying. There are a lot of places to be. I would like to keep the content while consolidating the lands. This should apply to all shards in my opinion.

I will go with Gub'ners having more power. I was a big proponent of entitling play run towns back in the day. I still want that for the player run cities... Let's start with the sitting governors. Then see what can be done for established and well run player run communities.

Siege should always strive to be different. If ya want to like any other shard... go play there.

No to passive detect. Making stealth a little harder... Let's discuss that. Making reveal/detect a little more operational... maybe.

Remember... I was dead set against a whole list of things I feel diminished Siege.
1. AOS
2. Soulstones
3. Teleporter tiles
4. Item bless deeds
5. Bless deeds of any sort. (except maybe plain clothing) ((maybe))
6. Personal bless deeds.
7. Any item that only one player can use.
8. Any easy item out of a vending machine.
9.Any item that requires joining a "system". All Siege players should have equal access to equipment.
The risk vs reward of joining a "fight club" is negligible on Siege. Some fighters tend to hate fighting one another...
Some want the thrill of an easy kill.

Siege is what it is. It is not the killing ground many want it to be. If you want that... go play a FPS.
Siege is an incredible community. The PKers left because the targets refused to be easy. We got good at surviving. The PKs got lazy at PKing.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 16, 2008
you are wrong as to why the pkers/pvpers left tho. You/sheep/farmers had nothing to do with why they left. It got too hard to equip characters to compete. The really good pvpers accumulated all the good stuff, making them even better, leaving crap gear for the the lesser pvpers. Like Bo had said in the past the Haves got more and the Havenots got trash.

Reactions: Kat and FrejaSP

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
I have always been for crafters making the best gear around. Monster loot should be good. A "specialized" Master crafter should be able to make legendary items. In the one field they are expert in. No crafter should be a walmart.

Reactions: Igg A Pie

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 28, 2003
United States
*Stealths back from the hills and looks around in wonder....*

Someone mentioned adding Insurance to Siege and the world is all mellow and laid back...

*Waits for the Twilight Zone theme to start playing...*

:p

RueTor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 29, 2007
Jhelom
Based on the way the meet and greet formats are done, they are more for show than driving game changes. It is very difficult to discuss complex topics in short real time chat text. Also, if there is such disagreement in these forums, it would be interesting to watch.

Maybe the first few questions should be...

RT (real name hidden to protect the innocent and avoid the "slay" button): Is it possible to get a focus group established to improve the Siege (crafting and PVP) ruleset?
Mesanna: Not at this time. We are busy with the next expansion and round of fixes. Next question?

RT (real name hidden to protect the innocent and avoid the "slay" button): ok... is it possible to get a trash can at the Jhelom mint?
Mesanna: Not at this time. (see above) Next question?

RT (real name hidden to protect the innocent and avoid the "slay" button): but other shards have them placed. It can't be that hard to do.
Mesanna: my finger is twitching over slay right now. Next question please.

RT (real name hidden to protect the innocent and avoid the "slay" button): ok... can you dye my robe?
Mesanna: No. I do not dye robes. I only dye masks and pumpkins. E-mail me to setup a time. Next citizen of Siege please

Examples of prior meetings:
http://stratics.com/threads/september-24-was-the-day-uo-launched.320877/#post-2440054
https://www.facebook.com/notes/ulti...t-06-04-2014-atlantic-shard/10152445217478486
http://stratics.com/ams/7-13-15-dev-meet-and-greet-on-legends-transcript.29/