• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

what is the easiest way for a tamer to gain honor

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thinking about going after a greater dragon or two... and it has been a while since I played.
I reread the faq but I dont see anything there about honor taming/ and or building training honor?

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I work the succubus in the dojo. I'll go in, drag the ronin out of the room and down the hall and around the north corner and take him into the room where the fan dancers are located. Then I'll invis, haul ass back to the succubus room, and invis again to make sure nothing is agroe'd on me. With that done, all you'll have is the succubus in the room. Set up a macro to honor her and then kill her with the pet of your choice. I prefer a cu, because the succubus is susceptible to cold/energy damage, which is what the cu deals out. I can also get in there fast riding the cu, rather than running with a gdrag in tow. It will take a while to go from no honor to knight level, but you can make a good chunk of gold while you do it, so take a bag of sending. While my cu attacks her, I'll cast ebolts with a demon slayer spellbook equipped on my mage tamers, or disco her and watch the cu shred her on my disco tamers. The disco tamers can kill her much faster than the mage tamers. You will gain honor slower than a warrior going toe to toe with her, but it still isn't too bad. Others use Thrasher on the Fel side for the double gains.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I work the succubus in the dojo. I'll go in, drag the ronin out of the room and down the hall and around the north corner and take him into the room where the fan dancers are located. Then I'll invis, haul ass back to the succubus room, and invis again to make sure nothing is agroe'd on me. With that done, all you'll have is the succubus in the room. Set up a macro to honor her and then kill her with the pet of your choice. I prefer a cu, because the succubus is susceptible to cold/energy damage, which is what the cu deals out. I can also get in there fast riding the cu, rather than running with a gdrag in tow. It will take a while to go from no honor to knight level, but you can make a good chunk of gold while you do it, so take a bag of sending. While my cu attacks her, I'll cast ebolts with a demon slayer spellbook equipped on my mage tamers, or disco her and watch the cu shred her on my disco tamers. The disco tamers can kill her much faster than the mage tamers. You will gain honor slower than a warrior going toe to toe with her, but it still isn't too bad. Others use Thrasher on the Fel side for the double gains.
Great advice...thanks!

Darius Bloodbain

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I will also work honor when I am pet training. The Spinx in t2a is what I start training my pets on, and
you can get up to a couple dots on the 3rd tier just honoring it every time you have the pet tear into it.
Usually diveys out around 1000 to 1200 gold each kill, and makes for a more of a laid back afternoon.
You will gain the honor quicker and max out honor doin Aibal's method. My method is for a more relaxed environment getting my honor gains while doing pet training.