• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is the best way to...

D

drfunk

Increase your dex. I am beating a golem and i want to accomplish 2 things..

1. Raise anatomy from 100 to 120
2. raise dex

I thought you could golem train these 2 things. but after 2 hours and nothing im starting to wonder if i might be doing it wrong.. AND please dont respond with 'this isnt the right forum for this kinda question' etc.. the mods will move it if they choose...

Thanx in advance

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rumour has it if you lock your other stats you might get better gains.

Anatomy isn't difficulty based. You can gain it off anything. It gets real slow as it gets higher, but basically the fastest way to do it is get the best SSI weapon you can find and swing at whatever's in front of you. It'll take an age, but it'll get there eventually.

I suppose training healing at the same time might help.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, locking your other stats will work, but if you lock Str & Int and you're using a skill who's primary stat check is on one of the locked skills, dex is going to raise much slower.

An easier (and faster) method is to run around and buy up skills until you reach your max skill cap. (700-720 depending on your account age) Usually I buy up everything but mining and music (ie. leave both of those at 0). Then (for dex) I go grab an instrument and set all my skills to raise. Lock all my stats except dex, and start playing away. At zero skill there is always a chance for a gain, and with a skill gain comes the chance of a stat gain as well. But since you are at your skill cap, and you have all your skills set to raise you will never get that skill gain in music, but you will get the stat gains.

I do the same for Str just use mining in place of music, and lock dex and set str to raise.

The only trouble with this method is if you don't have a soulstone you're going to have a bunch of extra points hanging around on your template. This can be a problem for newer characters because it will make it a little more difficult to gain in the skills they want to raise. It's true that if you're under 350 total skill points your skills will gain easier. I don't know why that is, but it is true, I've tested it many times myself, and thats how I train just about all my skills now.

But if you have a soulstone (or fragement) it's very easy to flush the extra points off your template afterwards.

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have room, gain Snooping until your desired stat level, then drop the snooping.

D

drfunk

I forgot to mention... My stats are maxed at 255. so i cant set str. and intel to locked.. at least I don’t think i can... I am also maxed skill..

Black_Sun you are very perceptive! How did you know my skills were maxed. Yes i now remember the GGS is detailed here http://uo.stratics.com/content/basics/ggs.shtml and thanx for the tips. The music trick seems like it will work and i will try that.

Emil Ispep i will also try your snooping suggestion as well (see which works faster). Thanx for your help!!

Bomb Bloke my stats are maxed which i forgot to mention... sorry! But from what you are saying beating a golem should work if I drop my skills down to 300? I hope so because man i hate waiting!!! Thanx for your time 'Bomb' get it .. time bomb? CHEEZSE!!! :D

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought you could still use the stat arrows, up/down/locked, regardless of whether all your stat points had been allocated or not.

How else could you change your template around later? At least, I hope it's not like this.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought you could still use the stat arrows, up/down/locked, regardless of whether all your stat points had been allocated or not.
You can still change your stats to locked/raise/lower no matter what your stat total is. Maxed or not.

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If he sets Str/Int to locked then Dex won't change. This is what he was talking about.

The solution is to set Str OR Int to locked.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I forgot to mention... My stats are maxed at 255. so i cant set str. and intel to locked.. at least I don’t think i can... I am also maxed skill..

Black_Sun you are very perceptive! How did you know my skills were maxed. Yes i now remember the GGS is detailed here http://uo.stratics.com/content/basics/ggs.shtml and thanx for the tips. The music trick seems like it will work and i will try that.

Emil Ispep i will also try your snooping suggestion as well (see which works faster). Thanx for your help!!

Bomb Bloke my stats are maxed which i forgot to mention... sorry! But from what you are saying beating a golem should work if I drop my skills down to 300? I hope so because man i hate waiting!!! Thanx for your time 'Bomb' get it .. time bomb? CHEEZSE!!! :D
If your stats/skills are max'd, then the see/saw of skills is the fastest way to get your stats were you want them.

Lock all skills, except the two you will be using, one should be up and one should be down (we not the first pass).

Lock the Stat you do NOT want to change. Point the stat you want to lose from down and the stat you want to gain in up.

Any of the following must be between zero and not greater than 25 to have maximum gains. At 25.0 then flip the switch down and raise another skill.

Mining vs Lumber Jacking for STR (You can also throw in Wrestling if you want and it is between 0 and 25).

Musicianship vs Fencing vs Tailoring vs Lockpicking for Dex. (You can also throw in Wrestling if you want and it is between 0 and 25).

Meditation vs SpiritSpeak vs Focus vs EvalInt vs TasteID(sp) for Int.

The Satyr in the Grove with the Cu's. Go there with you Golum or appropriate target and attack it. Have a means to Peace it or Invis. DO not have your target guarding you.

When you have been discorded then either peace it or invis yourself and stay within sight of the Satyr while attacking your target. You can also exit the grove and come right back in, I think it is a 6 second or slightly longer, to get back in to the line of sight of the Satyr.