• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is the BEST PvP Mage Template These Days?

• Thread starter imported_JediSith
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_JediSith

Since the nerf of Special Movves for a Scribe/Mage... I was curious to see what the best PvP Mage template is these days.

My PvP Mage... Since the change.
(Still working on equipment)

115 (120) EI
115 (120) Fencing
115 (120) resist
115 Magery
100 Inscription
90 Tactics - Bleed & disarm
50 med
cap 710

With the new 7th character slot i was going to create another pvp mage with these templates

115 (120) EI
100 Fencing
115 (120) resist
115 Magery
100 Inscription
100 poison - LP for close combat.
rest into med
cap 705

Jolt

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not sure what the scribe mage nerf is?

The most popular PvP mage temps I've seen are the 5x120+Scribe temp, or the full legendary necro mage temp with a -0 mage weapon.

G

I have similar template to the one posted.

120 mage/eval/wep skill/resist
gm scribe
90 tactics
50 med.

works a treat!

I

imported_JediSith

<blockquote><hr>

I'm not sure what the scribe mage nerf is?]

[/ QUOTE ] The need to have 70 or 90 tactics to use special ablities- eg warfork - bleed/disarm

I

imported_GFY

Back in the day mages running around with weapons were called tank mages.

The 2 best templates post nerf are probably Scribe mages and necro mages, as mentioned above.

You can still make a decent tank mage you just need to adjust a few skills in order to do it now a days. You need 70 tac to use primary special move and 90 tac to use both special moves. Also you can't click on a special move and cast a spell. One cancels the other out. This makes timing your moves much more important.

M

Monster

If you play on a blue I would recommend dropping resist for bushido/chiv, and carry a tbox, only weakness is mana vampire then....resist on a mage is kinda useless now, considering everyone plays either a necromage or some type of dexxor, so if you ask me... get enough chiv to remove curse and 50 bushido so that u can confidence and get ur dci bonus from having 50 bushido, your stacked DCI items, and wep skill dci bonus..considering you'll be fighting dexxors MOST of the time RESIST won't even matter in those fights... and when you fight a mage u can simply use ur tbox for para, cure pots for posion, use ur remove curse for corspe skin/curse/weaken/whatever, but like i said only weakness is mana vampire, but if u got 10+ mr and hi meditation you'll be okay (just disrupt the mana vamp when ur fighting, and ull be okay) this is a field fight template, not a dueling template for a mage