• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) What is going on with UO

jasbos8

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
it may be just me but is game getting quieter,what has happened to Spring Clean were are the new events is anyone else like me considering leaving(after 5 years),there is no direction little help and fewer players every day?:(

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it may be just me but is game getting quieter,what has happened to Spring Clean were are the new events is anyone else like me considering leaving(after 5 years),there is no direction little help and fewer players every day?:(
Hi,
Ive been there myself,
I have quit UO 2-3 times i think for maybe a year or 2 each time. (because of boredom)
If your bored try finding something new to do ingame, if that dont work, take a break :)
Just remember to leave all your good stuff on your characters on in ther banks so you dont lose it.
You will be back. :)

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am probably not the best person to comment on this as I have reactivated my accounts again for the first time in around 2 years. But one thing that I have noticed is that these threads have been all over Stratics since UO peaked (pre WoW days really).
People have been complaining about decreasing player numbers for really over 6 years now. The thing with MMORPGs is that they all get boring after a while, unless you are hooked completely. People leave WoW as well and that is a game with significantly more players and budget.

It's healthy to take a break every once in a while. Return when you feel like it and enjoy the new things and enjoy the old things again.

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd advise not limiting yourself to UO, don't give it exclusivity.

S'lots of games out there, and I'm not necessarily talking about MMO's, just any game that takes your fancy really. The more games you play the easier it is to keep your favourite ones fresh. As Kaj and Myph have pointed out, taking a break is an excellent idea. However, I prefer to play it more by ear and just play various games while not worrying if I get really engrossed in them.

It works like a break and s'fun !

Play game X, get addicted to game X, burnout on game X, come back to UO happy !

Jobs a good'un.

jasbos8

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
hi tks for advise i do player other games but in my years of playing i have never seen game is such a poor state i am afraid it may be goodbye to uo soon(

P

pgib

Take a break if you feel bored: it's a game after all. As suggested, keep all your valuables in bank box.

Quzar

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First of all...it's vacation time, so it's logical that it's a bit more quiet than usual,
Secondly, like other people said..it's a goo idea to take a break from UO from time to time.
I've played UO since the start, had fun days on laggy pacific when I first started out, moved to Drach when the European servers came online, was counselor till they quit the program and now play Europa occasionally. Been on and off a couple of times, but like the game too much to quit entirely.

They have to pull the plug on UO to keep me out :)

P

P.W.N

I will tell you whats happened to uo in a few brief and quick terms:

1) Every time they bring out a new patch it destroys at least one template or makes it neon impossible for people to play the chars they love without changing suits and training again
2) People have left uo to play other games as the gms don't help people like the used to,the customer service is horrible and if you page they have no interest in helping you unless someone is been racist or swearing
3) Speed hack has ruined pvp for years and still nothing has and is been done about it,i report people daily but they still playing uo after like 4 yrs of complaints
4)Ec gives people an unfair advantage over 2d users in pvp and should be scrapped as it was a complete joke and poorly thought out!
5)The people who make and update this game obviously don't play the game and are more interested in doing what they want and not what the people paying there wages want

These are just a few reasons why uo has gone down bab creek and will continue to do so until they listen to the players..

P

pgib

I agree with 1, 2 and 5. Two times with 5. I could write a book about how much i agree with 5.

Edit: for the rest i don't pvp so i don't have an opinion about that.

K

Kayne

The others are right take a break and see what happens. I've disappeared and come back 3 times now but something always makes me want to pop back and see what I can do.